Sponsored by:

G37 Sedan 6MT owners check in....

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 06:16 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by nisslover
One of the reason I'm iffy on the wheels is they don't photograph well and come out looking chrome in most pics. Up close in person they are a light smoke/gunmetalish color. Also I wish they were more concave/deeper center.
I think it's the convex design of the spokes. In most of those pictures, they look great. But in a few, the angle is such that you really see the way the spokes bow outward, and that looks odd to me.

Whatever the reason, they're still better than the OEM sport rims.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:14 PM
ctng37
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Hey, did you by chance buy our G from Texas Direct Auto off 59 in Stafford? If so, I think I may have test drove it back when I was looking around this time last year.
Yup! Got her there!
Old 07-20-2017, 02:42 AM
nisslover

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by ctng37
Yup! Got her there!
Ha! I figured that was it. I really loved the exhaust on it and the intake. Had it for like 30 minutes and was just soaking it in. I love that they let you test drive by yourself.

Were you by chance at the dealership with your family when you bought it? I remember the guy that was waiting to test drive it for the second time after I finished seemed like it was a done deal for him. Was just wonder if that was you. Lol
Old 07-20-2017, 02:51 AM
nisslover

Originally Posted by Rochester
I think it's the convex design of the spokes. In most of those pictures, they look great. But in a few, the angle is such that you really see the way the spokes bow outward, and that looks odd to me.

Whatever the reason, they're still better than the OEM sport rims.
I was going to say that it's just an optical illusion that they bow outward, but I was looking at them today and really couldn't tell. They may very slightly, if any.

Another thing is the slight lip makes em look smaller than 19s.

But let me chill, I like em in person(love how the highlight the brakes), just hate that it's hard to get a good pic to post to hang with the rest of y'all boys. Lol. I do think a slight drop on Swifts would set them off.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:47 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
I do think a slight drop on Swifts would set them off.
I think the rims look nice and you are right about the drop. That would definitely help with the wheel gap and make the car look even better.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:46 PM
ctng37
Registered Member

Ha! I figured that was it. I really loved the exhaust on it and the intake. Had it for like 30 minutes and was just soaking it in. I love that they let you test drive by yourself.

Were you by chance at the dealership with your family when you bought it? I remember the guy that was waiting to test drive it for the second time after I finished seemed like it was a done deal for him. Was just wonder if that was you. Lol
The tone of the exhaust is exactly how I want it. Would like for it to be a bit louder but that's something for down the road.

I was with my family but I never drove the car twice in one day. I came back multiple times to check on the progress of the things that were supposed to be fixed though. There was something wrong with the transmission and the turn signals weren't working when I first drove the car. Ended up waiting about a month after putting down a deposit for everything to be dialed.

I love the design your wheels. And the springs really throws it all together. Makes me want to do the same to my car now. Lol

Last edited by ctng37; 07-20-2017 at 12:54 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:12 PM
nisslover

The tone of the exhaust is exactly how I want it. Would like for it to be a bit louder but that's something for down the road.

I was with my family but I never drove the car twice in one day. I came back multiple times to check on the progress of the things that were supposed to be fixed though. There was something wrong with the transmission and the turn signals weren't working when I first drove the car. Ended up waiting about a month after putting down a deposit for everything to be dialed.

I love the design your wheels. And the springs really throws it all together. Makes me want to do the same to my car now. Lol
That is hilarious! I may have been mistaken about driving it twice, but I def think it was you that day. What a small friggin world! Lol. But yea, I did notice some issues with it when I test drove it. I was actually tempted to approach you and tell you about them because I could tell you were serious about it. At that moment I was just test driving stuff and had never driven a G with a manual so I had to come test drive it once I saw it pop up. But if I was ready to purchase at that moment, we might have been at war man! Lol.

And thanks in regards to the wheels. I think for the price I got them ($700 something brand new), they're awesome AND they're light weight. But yes, springs would take them to that next level.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:00 PM
ctng37
Registered Member

That is hilarious! I may have been mistaken about driving it twice, but I def think it was you that day. What a small friggin world! Lol. But yea, I did notice some issues with it when I test drove it. I was actually tempted to approach you and tell you about them because I could tell you were serious about it. At that moment I was just test driving stuff and had never driven a G with a manual so I had to come test drive it once I saw it pop up. But if I was ready to purchase at that moment, we might have been at war man! Lol.

And thanks in regards to the wheels. I think for the price I got them ($700 something brand new), they're awesome AND they're light weight. But yes, springs would take them to that next level.
Lol. That could've been disasterous. I can't thank Andrew, my second salesman, enough. He helped a lot through the repair process. This was the first g I drove and maybe the 4th time I drove stick so it was very nerve racking especially hearing that the g is one of the harder cars to drive. It's nice that you found a 6mt Sedan afterwards too. I know I have fun driving it.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:15 PM
nisslover

Lol. That could've been disasterous. I can't thank Andrew, my second salesman, enough. He helped a lot through the repair process. This was the first g I drove and maybe the 4th time I drove stick so it was very nerve racking especially hearing that the g is one of the harder cars to drive. It's nice that you found a 6mt Sedan afterwards too. I know I have fun driving it.
I came from an 07 Altima 6spd, and it was much worse. So coming into a G with the 6spd felt a little like heaven. Lol. But yea I am STILL trying to master the 1-2 shift! I'll get it sometimes perfectly smooth and most times not so much.

At one point I was aware of every 6MT in Houston, Lol. None of them were as clean as I wanted. I had found one in New Orleans on sale by someone on here, but the one I bought showed up here in Houston EXACTLY a week before I was going to make the drive to NO.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:35 PM
ctng37
Registered Member

I came from an 07 Altima 6spd, and it was much worse. So coming into a G with the 6spd felt a little like heaven. Lol. But yea I am STILL trying to master the 1-2 shift! I'll get it sometimes perfectly smooth and most times not so much.

At one point I was aware of every 6MT in Houston, Lol. None of them were as clean as I wanted. I had found one in New Orleans on sale by someone on here, but the one I bought showed up here in Houston EXACTLY a week before I was going to make the drive to NO.
Dang. Really lucky. I remember a couple of days before I saw my car, I told my brother that the only Sedan I'm willing to get is a 2012 or newer in Graphite Shadow and black interior. You can say I was pretty excited.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:37 PM
nisslover

Dang. Really lucky. I remember a couple of days before I saw my car, I told my brother that the only Sedan I'm willing to get is a 2012 or newer in Graphite Shadow and black interior. You can say I was pretty excited.
I compromised on the colors because of the condition. When I got her, she had 36k miles but the interior and paint were in great condition and actually compared to the one in New Orleans that only had 18k miles on it (Plus it had the spoiler I wanted). I had told myself I was never going to buy another black car again after having hell keeping up my Altima and my I30 before that. I just can't escape black cars! I am hoping the paint on this one holds up better than it did on those. I may just take it to a professional once a year and try to maintain it in between. But I REALLY wanted Blue Slate on Stone... But they are super rare in 6MT. I think I saw 1 or 2 in all of my searching, but they were way across the country somewhere.
Old 07-21-2017, 05:32 PM
ctng37
Registered Member

I compromised on the colors because of the condition. When I got her, she had 36k miles but the interior and paint were in great condition and actually compared to the one in New Orleans that only had 18k miles on it (Plus it had the spoiler I wanted). I had told myself I was never going to buy another black car again after having hell keeping up my Altima and my I30 before that. I just can't escape black cars! I am hoping the paint on this one holds up better than it did on those. I may just take it to a professional once a year and try to maintain it in between. But I REALLY wanted Blue Slate on Stone... But they are super rare in 6MT. I think I saw 1 or 2 in all of my searching, but they were way across the country somewhere.
I don't think I have ever seen a Blue Slate 6mt at all when I was looking. Black cars look very nice if kept clean but it's hard to like you said. The paint and interior of my car are not the best but I don't mind too much. The paint gets rock chips like crazy though. It was pretty free from chips when I got the car. Drove it for like 8k miles and the front is peppered with chips...
Old 07-23-2017, 08:05 AM
nisslover

I don't think I have ever seen a Blue Slate 6mt at all when I was looking. Black cars look very nice if kept clean but it's hard to like you said. The paint and interior of my car are not the best but I don't mind too much. The paint gets rock chips like crazy though. It was pretty free from chips when I got the car. Drove it for like 8k miles and the front is peppered with chips...
So far the paint seems to be holding up on the front much better than the Altima and I30 ever did. Recently did a road to Alabama and there were no new rockchips that I noticed, but somehow BOTH of my foglight lenses got shattered just on the way there. Smh. Annoys me that I can't replace them since money is short right now.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:22 AM
ZGerard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6MT sedan owner checking in. I recently bought a 2012 in graphite shadow with 44k miles. Really clean, all stock other than a tow hitch installed by the previous owner. Love the car so far, newest car I've ever had. New to infiniti, but not new to Nissan. I have a 1993 300ZXTT that I work on myself. The G reminds me of the Z a lot. Matter of fact I was turned on to the G37 sedan by other Z32 owners that have Gs and absolutely love them. I have to admit that I hadn't really given much thought into the G37 until pretty recently when I started looking into performance sedans and read about how they are such a good option. The 370Z platform, RWD, manual, all in sedan form. I am recently married (1 year anniversary coming up in October) and my wife was urging me to get something more practical and new. She was skeptical about the G at first, especially the fact that it is manual. Fortunately she loves it now that she's seen it in person and ridden in it with me, so that is a huge win. I have lurked these forums for a few weeks now and am getting familiar with a lot of the common mods and particulars with this car. No crazy plans for this car other than some aesthetic mods. I'm thinking I want to get some OEM splash guards, rear deck lid, front lip, vinyl overlay for the rear "diffuser", lower the car, get some nice wide wheels with meaty tires and a tasteful sounding nice looking exhaust. Pretty stoked to be a G37 owner!

Old 08-06-2017, 12:45 PM
Rich11G37xS
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
LOVE the color , LOVE IT !!

Quick Reply: G37 Sedan 6MT owners check in....