Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Surge Shamray
is this the stillen catback?
Top Speed y back, Stillen Gen 3 intake, art pipes
Old 07-30-2018, 05:46 PM
Lickskillet

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Just curious if anyone has purchased this lately? Its been a year and a half since the last post and I know how companies start cutting quality sometimes. Is it still all that for $549?
Old 07-30-2018, 07:32 PM
strodda
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Lickskillet
Just curious if anyone has purchased this lately? Its been a year and a half since the last post and I know how companies start cutting quality sometimes. Is it still all that for $549?
If they're really that much, I would also recommend looking at the OBX exhaust.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:33 PM
Mhang
Registered Member

I bought mine last year at this time for around that price
Old 07-30-2018, 10:28 PM
Lickskillet

I called and voiced my concerns to Josh at Top Speed. He assured me the only change in the last 5 yrs is the tips being clamped vs being welded. Very helpful and actually answered the phone when I called.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:44 AM
machomike8
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Lickskillet
These were out of stock for the last couple months. Manzo confirmed with me that they are no longer making this y back that was reviewed earlier in this thread. The Topspeed didn't come back into stock until 8/14/18 (8/1 was the expected date.) I received mine last week and finally got it installed this weekend. Materials and welds look pretty good but fitment is a little off. I spent the last 3 days adjusting the fit as much as possible. The design is a little too tight to the rear suspension for my liking. I had to shim it so it doesn't rattle. I've read others who have had similar issues so I don't think that this newest batch is any different. With that said, it sounds great with my RHFCs. I'm giving it a few more days to break in then I hope to take a few videos.

I've been running a modified coupe midpipe and stock mufflers for a couple years which I loved but just needed a little more volume in the cabin (sounded like a coupe just a little louder.) Here's a post and video of that setup...

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...ml#post4079563

I was afraid the Topspeed would be significantly louder with it's straight through mufflers (which I didn't want) but to my surprise it so far sounds great! Only slightly louder than my old setup. We'll see if it's still that way in a few days once I get some miles on it.

Last edited by machomike8; 08-27-2018 at 09:02 AM.
The following users liked this post:
markyo0o (08-27-2018)
Old 08-27-2018, 10:03 AM
markyo0o

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by machomike8
These were out of stock for the last couple months. Manzo confirmed with me that they are no longer making this y back that was reviewed earlier in this thread. The Topspeed didn't come back into stock until 8/14/18 (8/1 was the expected date.) I received mine last week and finally got it installed this weekend. Materials and welds look pretty good but fitment is a little off. I spent the last 3 days adjusting the fit as much as possible. The design is a little too tight to the rear suspension for my liking. I had to shim it so it doesn't rattle. I've read others who have had similar issues so I don't think that this newest batch is any different. With that said, it sounds great with my RHFCs. I'm giving it a few more days to break in then I hope to take a few videos.

I've been running a modified coupe midpipe and stock mufflers for a couple years which I loved but just needed a little more volume in the cabin (sounded like a coupe just a little louder.) Here's a post and video of that setup...

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...ml#post4079563

https://youtu.be/GG9SX8y3Kxw

I was afraid the Topspeed would be significantly louder with it's straight through mufflers (which I didn't want) but to my surprise it so far sounds great! Only slightly louder than my old setup. We'll see if it's still that way in a few days once I get some miles on it.
Oh nice I just installed mine this weekend as well! I didn't notice at first but I hear the exhaust banging on something towards the rear so I'm going to have to adjust the fitting. What's weird is that I only hear it hitting something first 10-15 minutes of driving and it goes away.

But I'm loving the sound it makes, doesn't drone at all when cruising and it sounds great when you get on it.
Old 08-27-2018, 01:04 PM
machomike8
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by markyo0o
Oh nice I just installed mine this weekend as well! I didn't notice at first but I hear the exhaust banging on something towards the rear so I'm going to have to adjust the fitting. What's weird is that I only hear it hitting something first 10-15 minutes of driving and it goes away.

But I'm loving the sound it makes, doesn't drone at all when cruising and it sounds great when you get on it.

Yup, check the passenger side muffler pipe and see if it's hitting your suspension like mine. I've read others having this issue. Josh at Topspeed didn't act like this was common but it's sounding like it is. I had to unbolt everything and force it away from the suspension while I re-tightened all the bolts. Same here that once it gets warm it goes away. I'm lowered on swifts so when I hit good bump it still makes contact/noise. It's annoying that they didn't design the pipe to run just another 1/2" or so lower. I'll probably end up adding some stiffer hangers to stop this from happening.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:42 PM
Lucky13S

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can pick up an axle-back for my G37x for $229 new. Has anyone seen it cheaper before because I haven't but I've only been watching prices for a couple months. Anything else I should know going into it? Fitment issues etc.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:47 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Check the pinned sedan exhaust thread above and the Tech/Intake and Exhaust forum.
Lucky13S (08-28-2018)
Old 08-29-2018, 10:23 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by Lucky13S
I can pick up an axle-back for my G37x for $229 new. Has anyone seen it cheaper before because I haven't but I've only been watching prices for a couple months. Anything else I should know going into it? Fitment issues etc.
thats a really great price, care to share a link?
Old 08-29-2018, 11:20 AM
Lucky13S

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Hashim
thats a really great price, care to share a link?
Sure, it's actually through their eBay page. They are running a 10% off sale and on top of that yesterday eBay had a 15% off everything sale. Today through tomorrow eBay is doing 10% back in eBay bucks so you won't save 15% anymore but 10% eBay bucks isn't bad.

I'm not sure how often Top Speed does sales through their eBay page but you would have to get lucky like yesterday (or today too I guess) to have one of their sales run at the same time as an eBay sale. Hope that helps.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-Infini...IAAOSw9XxbcezX
Baadnewsburr (08-29-2018)
Old 08-29-2018, 12:27 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
The axle back is basically a muffler delete. Not worth the cost IMO when you can pick up the Y-back for two more Ben Franklin.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:22 AM
Cicero55
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have an Axle-Back that I'm selling for $200+Shipping from Top-Speed. Was $299. I have officially decided that I'm too old for an exhaust. I would rather be incognito. Taking it off tonight, so it would literally just slide right on. Will post in the classifieds once it's off.