Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G37x Sedan what can i do to it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 11:12 AM
xceebeex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bocaytomas
The AWD switch was posted by either someone here or g35 forums, I'll throw a DIY up this weekend so everyone can see. What you are virtually doing is cutting power to the front awd module, which in turn is making it go into a 'safe mode' per se, so your awd light will turn on in the dash. Besides that you get no CEL or anything among those lines. The only damage is to your wheels as I've discovered donuts and burnouts... And btw I noticed an mpg increase!
Interesting. I would be interested in seeing what the write up is. Has this been discussed anywhere or was it just someone messing around and posted a how-to without understanding long term effects?
Old 10-21-2011, 11:35 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
I remember seeing the thread about the AWD switch. I think it was on G35Driver as well. Question is, can the same method be used for the G37 ie. the same wire etc. who is brave enough?
Old 10-21-2011, 12:22 PM
PeterUbers

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I just googled the G35driver.com thread about the AWD switch..

bascially, you can (with the vehicle off) remove the AWD fuse from the engine bay fusebox, start the car, expect to see an AWD light on the dash, and run ni 100% RWD from then on.

Subsequently, with the vehicle off, you can replace the fuse, turn the car back on, and the AWD light is off, and your car runs normal as AWD again.

There is no mention if this throws an engine code.. i.e., if you experiement with this and a code is thrown and you end up taking the car to Infiniti -- will they know you pulled a fuse and caused a problem.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:50 PM
bocaytomas

PeterUbers:

You cannot remove the AWD fuse in the 37's as it does not exist, that's why i cut power directly. Second if you ever throw a code which you don't, but lets say you do, you can simply reset the ECU. The error code is gone and dealerships have no idea of what you have been doing.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:50 PM
slanehar

well played with that "throw some d's on it" video sir.......well played...lol
Old 10-27-2011, 12:01 PM
xceebeex

PeterUbers:

You cannot remove the AWD fuse in the 37's as it does not exist, that's why i cut power directly. Second if you ever throw a code which you don't, but lets say you do, you can simply reset the ECU. The error code is gone and dealerships have no idea of what you have been doing.
So did you get the DIY done? I am still interested to see what exactly it is that you did.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:13 PM
bocaytomas

Sorry, I ended up not going home this weekend from school. I promise this coming weekend, nov 4th, I'll get it up! I can guide you through it if you want it done this weekend, Feel free to PM me
Old 10-31-2011, 09:38 PM
D_Nyholm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im interested in seeing this mod, especially if it may help with mpg! I am taking a large trip south next summer and it would be nice to get 1-2 mpg more on that trip as i guarantee i wont see any snow!
Old 08-10-2015, 12:58 PM
Chances

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Kinda interesting... Any idea how to cut the power to the AWD, and have rear only for burnouts and drifting...
Old 08-10-2015, 04:22 PM
WolfSongX

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
PeterUbers:

Actually on some ECUs there is a protected memory that stores information regardless of the "ECU reset". For instance my Porsche keeps track of the amount of ignition cycles above 7000 RPM, and this is a permanent record, it cannot be wiped by anyone including the factory without physically replacing the ECU. A number of manufacturers have taken to doing this and storing information that might indicate abuse and use it to void warranty claims, so in the case of my Porsche, if I downshift into 2nd and over-rev, and then bend a valve as a result, Porsche will discover the bent valve, correlate to the over-rev event tracked by the computer, and happily say "Mr. Western, we'll need $21K to replace your motor."

So keep this in mind if you think that an ECU reset will eliminate certain codes. I've not played with or researched a modern Nissan ECU lately, but I know that most major brands have some sort of protected memory that does not get reset when the battery power is removed.