G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sedan friends, talk about why do you wanna get sedan instead of coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 01:41 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kaoticdemize
I've seen a few 1st gen sedans that are ok, they need to be absolutely perfect to be so though. As stated above, if I were to get a 2 door might as well make it a 2 seater too
Yep, if you're gonna get a two door, might as well have only 2 seats. That's why I had a 350Z...but then I got a G sedan for business purposes.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:01 PM
buckets

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I agree that the 1st gen coupe still looks amazing and the 2nd gen sedans are much better looking. Also I didn't like the hump in the backseat in the coupe plus I have my 130lbs and still growing Newfoundland and his german shepard buddy to tote around.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:34 PM
gbest03

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I've been having this debate with myself since May of 2002, when I bought a G35 sedan, loved it.
Then in November of 02, I happened to see one of the first G35 coupes up in Quebec, LOVED IT.
Traded in the sedan in December for the coupe and drove it for 3 or so years.
Wanted something a bit bigger, so traded it in for an 06 FX35 (OK, a lot bigger), didn't really like driving the FX all that much, so when I saw the 08 coupe, I was in love again and bought one as a summer car, and picked up a Saab 9-5 Aero for my winter car.
I found that the 08 coupe was very tight on the inside and the driving position was poor, I got tired of storing it every winter and just traded it in for an 2011 G37Xs sedan, overall I'm happy with the choice.
Smaller doors make getting in and out easier in parking lots, the driving position is higher and more comfortable, the sound system sounds better, and the car tracks better on the highway.(18's instead of 19's)
Old 10-12-2011, 03:15 PM
2011G37JOHNBEST

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by gbest03
I've been having this debate with myself since May of 2002, when I bought a G35 sedan, loved it.
Then in November of 02, I happened to see one of the first G35 coupes up in Quebec, LOVED IT.
Traded in the sedan in December for the coupe and drove it for 3 or so years.
Wanted something a bit bigger, so traded it in for an 06 FX35 (OK, a lot bigger), didn't really like driving the FX all that much, so when I saw the 08 coupe, I was in love again and bought one as a summer car, and picked up a Saab 9-5 Aero for my winter car.
I found that the 08 coupe was very tight on the inside and the driving position was poor, I got tired of storing it every winter and just traded it in for an 2011 G37Xs sedan, overall I'm happy with the choice.
Smaller doors make getting in and out easier in parking lots, the driving position is higher and more comfortable, the sound system sounds better, and the car tracks better on the highway.(18's instead of 19's)
im happy you made a right choice
Old 10-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Yosemite Dan

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by WannabeSport
To me, this car is just plain sexy.

or this one

Or maybe this one

I rest my case.
Sorry I find none of those attractive in any way. If you put big *** rims and a body kit on a Corolla many people will think it looks hot. I have never been a fan of the Fast and the Furious look especially with luxery cars. I personally find it tacky and having it lowered several inches makes it look out of proportion and weird looking. My brother in law lowered his Porsche a couple of inches and to me it just cheapened the look of the car because it had no symmetry. Putting big fart cans in the back is even worse. Just my opinion.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:17 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Sedans are more practical than coupes.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:04 PM
2011G37JOHNBEST

Originally Posted by Yosemite Dan
Sorry I find none of those attractive in any way. If you put big *** rims and a body kit on a Corolla many people will think it looks hot. I have never been a fan of the Fast and the Furious look especially with luxery cars. I personally find it tacky and having it lowered several inches makes it look out of proportion and weird looking. My brother in law lowered his Porsche a couple of inches and to me it just cheapened the look of the car because it had no symmetry. Putting big fart cans in the back is even worse. Just my opinion.
Dan, I gotta admit I'm on side of yours. I've found many mods on sedan makes the car looks cheap and ricey. In fact, stock look on sedan is just as good as, or better than many other luxary class. i dont find any Audi or Bimmers drop low or tryin to be that F&F car.

IMO for a $40K+ car, no need to mod it at all exterior look unless performance

"Flame suit took off"
Old 10-12-2011, 06:27 PM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011G37JOHNBEST
Dan, I gotta admit I'm on side of yours. I've found many mods on sedan makes the car looks cheap and ricey. In fact, stock look on sedan is just as good as, or better than many other luxary class. i dont find any Audi or Bimmers drop low or tryin to be that F&F car.

IMO for a $40K+ car, no need to mod it at all exterior look unless performance

"Flame suit took off"
You won't see too many lowered Audi or BMW cars because they are already properly setup at the factory with about 1/2" to 3/4" wheel gap. My G sport is 2" gap (OEM) and just looks wrong. A subtle drop to the G improves the look dramatically.
I agree that some guys don't draw the 'mod' line where I would but that's their choice. I wouldn't go nearly as far as some in changing the appearance of my G.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
i wanted to get a sedan cuz i was always a big sedan guy. i like the 7 series, the a8, the tl and so forth.

i need the space to lug stuff like my turntables and all. i dont do it that often. but when i do, it is very handy.

plus packing girls in my ride is easy :P
Old 10-12-2011, 06:46 PM
tejasg37x

Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
You won't see too many lowered Audi or BMW cars because they are already properly setup at the factory with about 1/2" to 3/4" wheel gap. My G sport is 2" gap (OEM) and just looks wrong. A subtle drop to the G improves the look dramatically.
I agree that some guys don't draw the 'mod' line where I would but that's their choice. I wouldn't go nearly as far as some in changing the appearance of my G.
I think a 1" drop from stock looks good without looking ricey.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:55 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
Audi have one of the biggest wheel gaps I've seen. My last Audi was lowered 1.5 in and it looked like how my G is stock. Well, maybe just a TAD lower than a stock G, like .5 in.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:03 PM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by sniper27
Audi have one of the biggest wheel gaps I've seen. My last Audi was lowered 1.5 in and it looked like how my G is stock. Well, maybe just a TAD lower than a stock G, like .5 in.
I'll admit the A6 wheel gap is ridiculous but it's still about the same as the G sedan at 2" and 2 1/2" on the X. I mainly see A4's around and they are about an inch of wheel gap. Maybe they are all lowered.

On topic, the sedan looks better, is more practical and just as quick as the coupe...so why not have the extra space if you need it.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:24 PM
jorwick

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts
To each his own without a doubt. I agree there is a line to cross to "ruin" the look of a luxury car but I definitely have done things to mine that come across that way to one person but I feel have made it into what I am looking for.

As far as bmw and audi they do a better job with m series and s line on having a lower and tighter suspension, bigger wheels, and body kit but there are tons of bmw's out there especially at car shows all of the time.

My only question is, and I really am not trying to put this out the wrong way, what is the point of spending time on an aftermarket based forum if there is no love for the style and parts that are discussed and shown off on here?
Old 10-12-2011, 07:31 PM
2011G37JOHNBEST

Originally Posted by jorwick
To each his own without a doubt. I agree there is a line to cross to "ruin" the look of a luxury car but I definitely have done things to mine that come across that way to one person but I feel have made it into what I am looking for.

As far as bmw and audi they do a better job with m series and s line on having a lower and tighter suspension, bigger wheels, and body kit but there are tons of bmw's out there especially at car shows all of the time.

My only question is, and I really am not trying to put this out the wrong way, what is the point of spending time on an aftermarket based forum if there is no love for the style and parts that are discussed and shown off on here?
Nice wheels! Concaves always my fav mod which doesnt decrease the luxary factor of the sedan

the point is, as long the car doesnt look like a F&F type, keep it original is always good.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:46 PM
tejasg37x

Originally Posted by jorwick

Modding is one thing...but taking a nice car like an Infiniti and making it look like kid's toy is another...like everything else, it should be done within reason-tastefully. Just my opinion...

Last edited by tejasg37x; 10-12-2011 at 08:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Sedan friends, talk about why do you wanna get sedan instead of coupe?