G37 Sedan

Sedan friends, talk about why do you wanna get sedan instead of coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 12:41 AM
Gunit37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Because my last car was a coupe and I prefer smaller doors
Old 10-12-2011, 12:44 AM
devil2k
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How many guys with coupes ended up trading theirs in for a mini van after getting married and having kids? At least I get to keep my sedan if I do get married and have kids.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:59 AM
2011G37JOHNBEST

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by devil2k
How many guys with coupes ended up trading theirs in for a mini van after getting married and having kids? At least I get to keep my sedan if I do get married and have kids.
TRUE,

I dont need flame suit, Coupes are nice, and Sedans are nice as well.

it's just a personal preference, and age matters, if you are 20-26 then coupe is what for you; if you are 27 - 30 above and have a SOLID job income, and ready for a family, then Sedan is what you need.

I need a sedan, I need get married soon, so it's my choice.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:40 AM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
lol awesome thread. i actually had some of the same reasons behind getting the sedan over the couple, as most of you already put. it was cheaper, freshly refinished in 2010, quicker than the coupe, more practical (although at the age of 23, one would assume otherwise), more rigid (one piece rear seats), and a bit more aggressive (although i do like the newer coupes as well with their new sport bumper). plus, i love how the sedans a bit more "unusual." people don't expect a whole lot out of the sedan. to this day, i've yet to see a sedan g37 on the road that looks anywhere near what mine looks like (aesthetically anyways). the underdog, coming out on top, so to speak. lol
Old 10-12-2011, 02:47 AM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Im 20, but I have been driving G sedans since I was 15. It is what I am familiar with, its what I like, and its what fits my lifestyle at my current point in time. Age has nothing to do with it, I just like the more mature, professional look of the sedan.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:03 AM
crazjayz
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011G37JOHNBEST
TRUE,

I dont need flame suit, Coupes are nice, and Sedans are nice as well.

it's just a personal preference, and age matters, if you are 20-26 then coupe is what for you; if you are 27 - 30 above and have a SOLID job income, and ready for a family, then Sedan is what you need.

I need a sedan, I need get married soon, so it's my choice.
Just turned 24 last month. No kids. Solid job. Don't need an ugly* looking coupe. That's the reason that I put the flamesuit on. Most people think that the g37 coupe LOOKS better than the sedan. Personally, I don't. Hence, I got the sedan. I will say though, the older G35 coupe still looks awesome after all these years. Much better than the sedan for that generation.

Regardless, I didn't settle for a sedan. I WANTED one.

*The term ugly here is relative. I think that the coupe looks "okay" at best.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:13 AM
WannabeSport

Call me nuts, but I still think a properly set up first gen sedan looks better than a stock first gen coupe...

Maybe I am just a 4 door guy?? Every 2 door out there, I'd just rather have the 4 door... in fact, the only 2 door I want to own is either a Bentley Continental, or a 911 Convert. Every other car I own will be a 4 door.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:52 AM
Hayabusa02

I personally think all Coupes looks better...especially when dropped and good wheels, but I had to go with the Sedan because I have two young kids and it is a pain getting in and out of the back of a 2DR car.

I fall into the 30 something category, but I also have my play toys too that the kids can't come in.... Like my Hayabusa and GTM (2 seat mid engine exotic). You early 20's guys can have your coupe...I'll take the best of both worlds

Old 10-12-2011, 10:03 AM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
I am among the many that feel Infiniti messed up with the appearance of the 08 Coupe. I'm speaking mostly with regard to the base model and X. They don't look right to me. The Sport model and IPL's or just adding the Aero definitely improve my opinion of the new coupes. Unfortunately, most of the new coupes I see where I live are plain-Jane base models. If I ever find myself looking for a G coupe it will be the 07 and older.

JOHNBEST, you have repeated that the coupe is for the young guys. My age doesn't impact which I buy, circumstance does. I'm 46, on my second G sedan, but I chose them over coupes for practicality. I still have my 11, 14 and 16 year old children to transport. I'm just the chauffeur with hockey bags in the trunk
The day the children have moved on (at least 2 out of 3) I will own a MT coupe again. It may be a 2 or 2+2 seater.

The truth is I probably wouldn't bother with the G coupe in the future either. Something like a 370Z, S2000, Vette, or older 911 would be my preference for coupes. Who knows, maybe even a GT-R, the used prices are not too bad.
If the 2014(?) G coupes are sweetened up, in looks and performance, then they might be back in the running for me.

We are a 2 (soon to be 3) vehicle family. Having a 2 seater will be fun and not an inconvenience with 2 other vehicles in the stable.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Yosemite Dan

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by WannabeSport
Call me nuts, but I still think a properly set up first gen sedan looks better than a stock first gen coupe...

Maybe I am just a 4 door guy?? Every 2 door out there, I'd just rather have the 4 door... in fact, the only 2 door I want to own is either a Bentley Continental, or a 911 Convert. Every other car I own will be a 4 door.
Ok you asked for it. You're nuts.

The 1st gen coupe is a classic design that still looks amazing today and better than the current gen. I think's that's more of a testament of how good it looked rather than how bad the new one looks (unlike the Acura TL) It does not look dated at all. The 1st gen sedan was OK but from certain angles it looked hideous and cheap and looks very dated and certainly inferior to the coupe's looks.

I know it's just opinion but I have a difficult time thinking anybody would find the sedan back then more attractive than the coupe. Kinda like someone finding Snooky more attractive than Mila Kunis.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:43 AM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
I've seen a few 1st gen sedans that are ok, they need to be absolutely perfect to be so though. As stated above, if I were to get a 2 door might as well make it a 2 seater too
Old 10-12-2011, 11:46 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
110lb. Alaskan Malamute.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:57 AM
jdg37

Two words... child seat! More words... I'm a sedan guy. I've never owned a coupe. I just like 4 doors cuz I hate the idea of people climbing in the back seat of a coupe. That's just me though.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:41 PM
WannabeSport

Originally Posted by Yosemite Dan
Ok you asked for it. You're nuts.

The 1st gen coupe is a classic design that still looks amazing today and better than the current gen. I think's that's more of a testament of how good it looked rather than how bad the new one looks (unlike the Acura TL) It does not look dated at all. The 1st gen sedan was OK but from certain angles it looked hideous and cheap and looks very dated and certainly inferior to the coupe's looks.

I know it's just opinion but I have a difficult time thinking anybody would find the sedan back then more attractive than the coupe. Kinda like someone finding Snooky more attractive than Mila Kunis.
To me, this car is just plain sexy.

or this one

Or maybe this one

I rest my case.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:54 PM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
++++++++1 on the black and white one. Do not like champagne though

Quick Reply: Sedan friends, talk about why do you wanna get sedan instead of coupe?