G37 Sedan

My one year review on the 2010 G37

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 09:14 AM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by maxfinity
I've had my g37 for about a year now and I must say I love my car. The A/C is cold and cools the car quickly. For those of you complaining about the auto air, try pointing the A/C vents towards the headliner. This helped alot for me. I find my factory remote to be too in-sensitive(If thats a word). I like the screen resolution for our Back-up cameras. My back-up monitor has basically spoiled me. Now when I drive cars without one I feel like a drivers ed student learning to back up. Our GPS system may not be as user-friendly as a portable unit but Its a hell of alot more user friendly than some of the other OEM Nav systems. I rented an Escalade and the Nav systems in those SUV's are straight GARBAGE. Screen resolution sucks and trying to find an address is a major P.I.T.A. I have the non-sport model because of the softer suspension and I'm not a fan of the sport seats. My next mod will be the Paddle shifters though. I absolutely hate the manual lumbar adjust even though I probably will never use it anyway. But my biggest gripe with this car is the soft paint. Everytime I wash my car I find another nick or scratch.
I also love the G, but as I stated I'm just nit picking certain things.
The air is very cold which is great when you live in FL like we do, but on all my other vehicles with auto air you didn't have to constantly change the temp setting or find ways to work around it by redirecting the vents.
We will be driving along with the cabin temperature just right, then all of a sudden it feels like you are going to get frost bite. To my thinking you might as well not have auto air. It would be just as easy to maintain the cabin temperature with a manual system.
Since I have the clear bra, I don't get chips. I also showed the wife the way to open the doors without sticking her fingers around the handle, so she wouldn't scratch the paint with her nails or rings. My biggest concern is her purse, it's as if she purposely drags it against the car when she's getting in or out.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:18 AM
volnedan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^ My biggest complaint is when my wife drives my car too. I'm not allowed to bring my shoes in the house, yet when she drives my car to work for 1 day there is coffee spilled all over the cupholder, used napkins on passenger seat, gum/candy wrappers on the floor, Wolverine like claw marks under the door handle, and my gas mileage average drops about 5mpg. Its like my car was leased to a student driver for the day...
Old 06-24-2011, 11:31 AM
cvroom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by movinon
My biggest concern is her purse, it's as if she purposely drags it against the car when she's getting in or out.
+1 lol yea i make sure i park the car on the other side of the garage. that way nobody has to walk in front of the G with their purse dragging across the hood.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:41 AM
MACS

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by volnedan
^^^ My biggest complaint is when my wife drives my car too. I'm not allowed to bring my shoes in the house, yet when she drives my car to work for 1 day there is coffee spilled all over the cupholder, used napkins on passenger seat, gum/candy wrappers on the floor, Wolverine like claw marks under the door handle, and my gas mileage average drops about 5mpg. Its like my car was leased to a student driver for the day...
I've had my car for 6 months and my wife has yet to sit in the driver's seat, never mind drive it.

She says I'm too strict because I won't let her drink coffee in it. When I traded in my '04 G35, the interior was pristine... there's a reason for that.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:43 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by MACS
I've had my car for 6 months and my wife has yet to sit in the driver's seat, never mind drive it.

She says I'm too strict because I won't let her drink coffee in it. When I traded in my '04 G35, the interior was pristine... there's a reason for that.
^ lol, i hear that. luckily my wife is not a big fan of the 6MT in the G so she doesn't like driving it. i have a strict no food/drink policy (except water) in my car. she lives with it and does whatever she wants in her car. her car, her rules. sounds reasonable.