G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

USB to 3.5mm plug, 2011 G37

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 12:39 AM
jjlee206

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you are desperate enough you could always buy an older used iPhone and get a data plan for it through your wireless company. Might seem kind of drastic but if I didn't use an iPhone myself or have the bluetooth audio option I would do this. I know adding my iPad onto my data plan is only an additional $10 and I assume it would be the same for a phone with no voice service.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:05 PM
ross7778

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jjlee206
If you are desperate enough you could always buy an older used iPhone and get a data plan for it through your wireless company. Might seem kind of drastic but if I didn't use an iPhone myself or have the bluetooth audio option I would do this. I know adding my iPad onto my data plan is only an additional $10 and I assume it would be the same for a phone with no voice service.
I've thought about keeping an iPod Touch permanently connected to the USB port and using my iPhone as a wi-fi hotspot.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:32 PM
adminicrater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know this thread is a bit old but I was successful in listening to my iphone (like Pandora, etc.) through the USB jack with a standard charging (lightning) cable. This is the USB jack located underneath the armrest. The trick is to put at least one song into your iPhone library. You add the one song to the APP called "Music" and your G37 will now recognize your phone properly and suddenly all the audio APPS start working.

To add the song I just signed up for a free 3 months to what Apple now calls "iCloud Music" - so it is free.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:11 PM
Jlee

Walmart

Walmart has a piece for this i got it today for my 2011 G37 it works great! Connects to the radio and phone
Old 05-03-2017, 03:37 PM
Ginthe6MT

Qyestion

Originally Posted by Jlee
Walmart has a piece for this i got it today for my 2011 G37 it works great! Connects to the radio and phone
What is it exactly that you got from walmart?
Old 06-24-2017, 06:59 PM
adminicrater

Originally Posted by adminicrater
I know this thread is a bit old but I was successful in listening to my iphone (like Pandora, etc.) through the USB jack with a standard charging (lightning) cable. This is the USB jack located underneath the armrest. The trick is to put at least one song into your iPhone library. You add the one song to the APP called "Music" and your G37 will now recognize your phone properly and suddenly all the audio APPS start working.

To add the song I just signed up for a free 3 months to what Apple now calls "iCloud Music" - so it is free.
To revise my post...

Don't sign up for iCloud Music... after the trial is up, it deletes all the music (you got from them) from your phone. Instead buy 1 song (69 cents and up) in the iTunes store. This will let you use your phone with any app to listen via the USB jack under the armrest (in my case). If, for example, Spotify will not play just use the cars center console display to "Play" the one song you have purchased.. it will start playing Spotify as you had intended. It take a bit getting used to but it works. Every once in a while I have to unplug the lightening cable from my phone and plug it back into my phone if I can't make it work initially - but that does not happen all that often.

Car: 2013 Infinity G37 Sedan with the Bose upgrade (I do not have the GPS)
Phone: iPhone 5
Operating System: iOS 10.3.2