G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield Tint

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 03:16 PM
BLKG37X

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks very very nice, but dangerous. You can clearly see headlights and tailights of other cars, no problems there. But from my prev experience having 20% on my prev car, it's very easy to not see a pedestrian at night. When making turns onto a dark block, once in a while I had close calls with almost hitting someone (even though I have perfect vision). And if I had the front tinted also.... I don't even know what I'd do. On the G I put 40%. I think 40 - 50% is perfect to have it dark enough to look good and provide shade, and not putting yourself at risk and attracting attention from cops.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:27 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
That's very nice to look at, very tough to drive though.. good luck
Old 07-09-2010, 04:40 PM
DmfG37sTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do be honest i have 35% on my front windsheild and I can see just fine out of it. At nights its a little tough but nothing the bright lights cant take care of!
Old 07-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by DmfG37sTT
Do be honest i have 35% on my front windsheild and I can see just fine out of it. At nights its a little tough but nothing the bright lights cant take care of!
I’m not sure what you mean. Are you saying that you leave your brights on all the time, thereby blinding all oncoming traffic, just so you can see a bit better out of your tinted windshield? Or do you just turn them on when you” think “there’s something out there you didn't see?
Old 07-09-2010, 05:09 PM
CAPCO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is no way you could drive at night safely, looks great if it was just a show car. God help you though if you get in an accident and hurt or kill someone like a child and it may not be your falt and it may not be due to the tint but in most peoples eyes you will be automatically guilty. Sorry don't mean preach.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:32 PM
ShyTown91
Premier Member

Looks great man congrats!!
Would you mind telling us how much it cost?
Old 07-09-2010, 05:34 PM
kevshiau
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
looks amazing. I love my windshield tint too, but I only went 70%
Old 07-09-2010, 09:18 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Ladies and Gents,

Granted I was expecting some harsh opinions, I still appreciate those of you that "preach." I understand your concerns and appreciate the wealth of information - good and bad. I was not aware that a tint could jeopardize my accountability when and if I am in an accident. I won't be taking it off anytime soon however, and in all honesty, the picture gives too much justice in my opinion. It isn't as dark as it looks in the picture. Pitch dark outside and going for a drive isn't too much of a problem - I actually had my girlfriend pretend to run across the street in all black; seeing her was not a problem and I am confident that IF a similar scenario were to arise, I would have no visibility issues.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:20 PM
eksigned

Originally Posted by ShyTown91
Looks great man congrats!!
Would you mind telling us how much it cost?
$80 with a buddy, buddy deal. Should have been $60, but I felt bad because he had to redo it 3 times to make it absolutely "perfect." His words, not mine.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:22 PM
eksigned

Originally Posted by BLKG37X
Looks very very nice, but dangerous. You can clearly see headlights and tailights of other cars, no problems there. But from my prev experience having 20% on my prev car, it's very easy to not see a pedestrian at night. When making turns onto a dark block, once in a while I had close calls with almost hitting someone (even though I have perfect vision). And if I had the front tinted also.... I don't even know what I'd do. On the G I put 40%. I think 40 - 50% is perfect to have it dark enough to look good and provide shade, and not putting yourself at risk and attracting attention from cops.
I can see that happening. Having had tinted vehicles in the past however, I don't ever make a turn onto a dark road without rolling down my window. but again, I hear ya sir
Old 07-09-2010, 10:11 PM
rokuss

Originally Posted by eksigned
Ladies and Gents,

I was not aware that a tint could jeopardize my accountability when and if I am in an accident. I won't be taking it off anytime soon however, and in all honesty, the picture gives too much justice in my opinion.
The tint looks great but a good lawyer could definately use the tint against you in court if you had an accident or hurt/killed someone.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:00 PM
indycase

If you want to see what it feels like, why not try driving with sunglasses on at night it's the same effect! lol It actually reduces the oncoming headlights believe it or not.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:10 PM
4rnr

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rokuss
The tint looks great but a good lawyer could definately use the tint against you in court if you had an accident or hurt/killed someone.
It wouldnt have to be a "good" lawyer, any lawyer could... In most states if not all, it is illegal to tint the windshield lower than the stamped mark.
It does look FREAKIN SWEET
Id never tint the whole windshield.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by indycase
If you want to see what it feels like, why not try driving with sunglasses on at night it's the same effect! lol It actually reduces the oncoming headlights believe it or not.
Not to repeat an old post, but in response to those zealots who say “I can see just fine at night” with a tinted windshield in spite of the laws of physics and human anatomy being against them, I went out one night with sunglasses on.

After destroying two trash cans on the side of the road, taking out the rear bumper of a parked car and nearly running over an old lady crossing the street, I took them off and vowed never to do anything that stupid again.

(j/k but the point is made.)
Old 07-10-2010, 07:13 PM
kevshiau
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov
Not to repeat an old post, but in response to those zealots who say “I can see just fine at night” with a tinted windshield in spite of the laws of physics and human anatomy being against them, I went out one night with sunglasses on.

After destroying two trash cans on the side of the road, taking out the rear bumper of a parked car and nearly running over an old lady crossing the street, I took them off and vowed never to do anything that stupid again.

(j/k but the point is made.)
I dunno about everyone else but i always wear my stunner glasses at night so i can, SO I CAN! go open all doors at the stop light. never had a problem, AND my windshield is tinted.

jk bout the stunner shades but I havent had any trouble with my tints. Love them and ill probly do it to every car I own from now on. Takes away glare and looks amazing. Im actually thinking about redoing mine to make it a couple shades darker

Quick Reply: Windshield Tint