G37 Sedan

G37 Sedan Spoiler Install

Old 03-01-2010, 09:43 AM
ttboy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G37 Sedan Spoiler Install

I tried doing a search but can't find a DIY on the OEM spoiler install. Has anyone attempted this on the sedan? I know there is drilling involved which i'm okay with. Just wanted to get some instructions and recommendations on what type of drill bit to use etc etc.

Thanks
Old 03-01-2010, 10:25 AM
TomieG

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
DIY: G37 Sedan Spoiler Install
Old 03-01-2010, 09:51 PM
pulsar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OEM spoiler install

Originally Posted by ttboy
I tried doing a search but can't find a DIY on the OEM spoiler install. Has anyone attempted this on the sedan? I know there is drilling involved which i'm okay with. Just wanted to get some instructions and recommendations on what type of drill bit to use etc etc.

Thanks
Just installed an OEM spoiler (K6030-JK6, smaller lip spoiler) this weekend on my 2009 sedan. You do have to drill 5 holes, 3 of which are under the original trunk lid chrome trim piece and 2 are out toward the corner of the trunk lid so your committed once you drill those 2. Final drill size is 5/16 (center punch, then drill 1/8 pilot hole first). The spoiler comes with needed templates and my spoiler seemed to match up just fine with the drilled holes. I took my time and measured twice and cut once and took about two hours total from start to finish with vacuum clean-up for the drill chips and such from the trunk carpet.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:52 PM
6mtgearhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pulsar
Just installed an OEM spoiler (K6030-JK6, smaller lip spoiler) this weekend on my 2009 sedan. You do have to drill 5 holes, 3 of which are under the original trunk lid chrome trim piece and 2 are out toward the corner of the trunk lid so your committed once you drill those 2. Final drill size is 5/16 (center punch, then drill 1/8 pilot hole first). The spoiler comes with needed templates and my spoiler seemed to match up just fine with the drilled holes. I took my time and measured twice and cut once and took about two hours total from start to finish with vacuum clean-up for the drill chips and such from the trunk carpet.
I just finished my install. I noticed right away that my trunk button is slightly to the left (drivers side) and I took the thing apart and centered the button and put the entire thing back on and it's now again a little to the left. I asked a buddy that also did his and he confirmed it. Can anyone else confirm? Any way to fix this? It shouldn't bother me but I'm so picky and I spent so much time. Oh well. If I get one other confirmation I'll let it be.

Thanks!!
Old 03-17-2012, 12:26 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Check this thread, I posted a DIY on toward the end of the thread. You don't need to drill the two outside holes (the ones outside the current chrom trim piece) if you don't want to. These utilize snap plug/clips, the spoiler w/ the inner 4 bolts and double sided tape, along w/ the structural fit of the spoiler against the trunk keeps it very solid.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...5-on-ebay.html