Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

*FIX for high-pitch frequency noise*

Old 02-20-2010, 06:28 PM
atlantag37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine had that step listed for the steps taken. Accelerator pedal released position learning. Throttle valve closed position learning & idle air volume learn. And register the keys.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:36 PM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by beerme986
Wonder why my dealer couldnt figure this out and I could. oh i know, cause were better then them. I bet that 70% of the members on this forum know more than a 'service advisor'. Will update if this light comes on again,
I feel the same way you do. IMO, a service advisor is just another salesman. They sell you services.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:20 PM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
+100 to that! ^^
Old 02-20-2010, 11:28 PM
Silver37
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by atlantag37
Mine had that step listed for the steps taken. Accelerator pedal released position learning. Throttle valve closed position learning & idle air volume learn. And register the keys.

Atl...which dealer did you use???
Old 02-21-2010, 08:12 AM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
omg the light came back on again. drives me crazy i paid 40K for a POS. transmission making funny noises now too on start up. Replacing this ECM caused a whole world of other issues. Time to call consumer affairs again
Old 02-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Silver37
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ozzy...is yours holding up, or do you have the same issue?
Old 02-22-2010, 08:01 AM
t8er

I've had a new ECM for about two weeks.....no "check engine" lights so far.....fingers are crossed.

I think I'm gonna take a pass at trying to make it come on by restarting, like an earlier post suggested......leave well enough alone.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Feld

Those that have the new ECM, please keep the feedback coming. Some of us are still not sure whether we're going to the dealer for the fix.....
Old 02-25-2010, 11:46 PM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Silver37
Ozzy...is yours holding up, or do you have the same issue?
Haven't had it done yet - made an appointment to drop it off this wednesday. I'll definitely keep this thread posted. I'm willing to take the chance of having to go through several ECUs to get rid of the eeeeeeeeee...
Old 03-01-2010, 04:11 PM
BlueFlash

I've had my fix for a few weeks now and all is perfect, no noise and no ecu problems, sometimes i wish I did though so that I can lemon this car and get rid of it
Old 03-01-2010, 04:44 PM
worldcrafter

i dropped my coupe off today so that the dealership can confirm that the sound is coming from the ecu. i have a 2010 g37 sedan loaner in my possession. it does NOT have the high pitch frequency noise, so i'm guessing this problem is fixed in 2010 models. the last loaner car i had (09 g37 sedan) had the high pitch frequency noise.

also i'd like to mention that i (surprisingly) don't like the new aluminum trim, seeing it in person makes the car feel cheaper.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:35 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by worldcrafter
i dropped my coupe off today so that the dealership can confirm that the sound is coming from the ecu. i have a 2010 g37 sedan loaner in my possession. it does NOT have the high pitch frequency noise, so i'm guessing this problem is fixed in 2010 models. the last loaner car i had (09 g37 sedan) had the high pitch frequency noise.

also i'd like to mention that i (surprisingly) don't like the new aluminum trim, seeing it in person makes the car feel cheaper.
I have a 2010 sedan, and can confirm that I hear no high pitched frequency. I would definitely notice it, as I've had tinnitus since I was a kid and high pitched noises are very noticeable to me.

I love the aluminum trim. It looks artfully done compared to the previous version, IMO.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:13 AM
Infiniti Guy

Just to let everyone know, I have had this high pitch frequency issue since April 09. I have made numerous attempts to have Infiniti fix the issue. They told me it was in my head as well. Well my head could not take the noise and the run around of the service center or Infiniti consumer affairs. I contacted BBB in Dec. and filed a complaint. In February, I went to arbitration against Infiniti and today in the mail received the verdict. I won the case against Infiniti and now they are required to replace the vehicle or do a buyback. BBB does listen, and they were my last resort. Infiniti is the worst manufacture I have ever had dealings with. They bullied me around and told me that the high pitch noise was a "characteristic of the vehicle and I needed accept it. Well, Infiniti, When you manufacture a vehicle with a characteristic that is "ear piercing" you have to fix it or deal with the wrath of unsatisfied customers. I hope that all prospective Infiniti owners will read these posts and think twice before purchasing an Infiniti.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:18 AM
Infiniti Guy

Another issue with Infiniti is the prehistoric Navigation. The voice recognition is worthless. I say Oregon and it says Florida. Infiniti is going to have to do a lot of work to earn my business back if ever.
Sincerely, " The owner you though would be quiet and go away without being heard"
Old 03-02-2010, 12:29 AM
worldcrafter

well i got my car back today, the service advisor said that they think it is the transmission that is making the noise. i tried to convince him that the ecu is the actual culprit, but for some reason he and the tech guy said that they replaced a transmission on another owner's car who made a similar complaint about a noise, and the noise went away. so i am getting a replacement transmission. i did notice that my transmission is now making a funny noise that i didn't hear before i brought it in... maybe they tweaked something in the trans while they had it, and are trying to fix something they may have messed up?

without a doubt the ecu whine will still be there even after the replacement tranny... but i guess one step closer to solving the issue

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *FIX for high-pitch frequency noise*