Driver's Window Won't Roll Up

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2022, 06:55 PM
rosscoupe
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driver's Window Won't Roll Up

Hi all,
So today I cleaned up some ground points on my 08 G37s Coupe and now somehow the driver's side window will not go up at all.

Some things that I tried are as follows:
- Holding the switch to go up, no dice
- Using the key in the door to roll them up, nope
- The relay clicks when I roll down, no click going up
- The fuse is not blown
- Resetting the auto rolling window did nothing (I had the battery disconnected, so it was needed anyway)
- The grounds I cleaned up were not attached to the door harness, as far as I know
- Passenger window works perfectly
- Nothing looked wrong inside the door panel or the switch panel (I went in there too)

What could the issue be? What else could prevent the window from closing? If the endstop is messed up, the relay would still click which it didn't. Did the switch go bad?

Any help would be appreciated as it's stuck fully open!! Thanks
Old 09-06-2022, 03:57 AM
Birdie
Registered Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Get in shut your door. Hold window switch down for about 8 sec. Roll it up and continue to hold for another 8 sec
Old 09-06-2022, 11:45 AM
rosscoupe
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Birdie
Get in shut your door. Hold window switch down for about 8 sec. Roll it up and continue to hold for another 8 sec
Hey Birdie, I appreciate your help but I already tried that. The window won't roll up at all
Old 09-06-2022, 02:56 PM
Birdie
Registered Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
I guess go back and make sure all your grounding points are and tighten securely. Especially your battery
Old 09-06-2022, 07:59 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,257 Likes on 1,018 Posts
Out of curiosity, what grounds did you clean? This may be important as the door components get the ground signal through the harness grounding points and NOT through the metal frame of the door. I learned this lesson the hard way trying to get some aftermarket LED's to work.

As Birdie suggested, go over all of your work and make sure that everything you touched/ cleaned is still connected properly and making a good connection. If you have a multimeter you can check continuity between the ground circuits in the door to the car frame.

If all else then you can suspect the switch... While I am not a fan of coincidences, this actually just might be one of those occasions.

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 09-06-2022 at 09:19 PM.
Old 09-07-2022, 04:11 PM
rosscoupe
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
Out of curiosity, what grounds did you clean? This may be important as the door components get the ground signal through the harness grounding points and NOT through the metal frame of the door. I learned this lesson the hard way trying to get some aftermarket LED's to work.

As Birdie suggested, go over all of your work and make sure that everything you touched/ cleaned is still connected properly and making a good connection. If you have a multimeter you can check continuity between the ground circuits in the door to the car frame.

If all else then you can suspect the switch... While I am not a fan of coincidences, this actually just might be one of those occasions.
I'm not sure what I can call them, but I cleaned the three grounds on the top of the timing cover (easiest to get at) and the one on the driver's side shock tower closest to the engine. They're definitely tight! It beeps again when I lock/unlock from the door button and the driver's door switch works solidly again. I'm thinking it might be the switch too. Somehow maybe I messed up the relay (which is soldered to the switch panel's circuit board) in the process. I might have to pull the door apart again and see if I can get the relay to click on my own. Thanks for your input
Old 09-10-2022, 12:41 PM
rosscoupe
Registered Member

All fixed

Fixed it! After deciding to take a look at the BCM, I jiggled all the connectors and just like that I have my driver's window rolled up again. Coincidence likely since I never touched those wires.