Sponsored By:

Looking to buy intake for my g37 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 04:55 PM
Matt.contii
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to buy intake for my g37 coupe

Hey there, new to the g scene, had a few other cars now and decided to get a g just because a few of my friends have had them and said all good things, looking at buying a long tube cold air intake to start, I have already purchased DC 3-1 headers, bark resonated test pipes, fuel injectors etc, just wondering what the best intake would be as many of you have great experience in the g series and also if anyone is currently selling their intake if you would please lmk. Also if this is posted in the wrong section I am very sorry
Old 07-04-2020, 02:38 PM
Oakenfire
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I would say that depends on what you want it for. Track or daily? Performance or looks/sound? The best options would be 3inch intakes which need a tune. To get the most out of it you would need to get bigger throttle bodies etc. I've seen a few people make their own 3.5 inch intake as well, but with mixed results. Most people go for the stillen gen 3s or z1 or takeda, due to budget/not needing a tune to run.
Old 07-04-2020, 02:43 PM
Matt.contii
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Oakenfire
I would say that depends on what you want it for. Track or daily? Performance or looks/sound? The best options would be 3inch intakes which need a tune. To get the most out of it you would need to get bigger throttle bodies etc. I've seen a few people make their own 3.5 inch intake as well, but with mixed results. Most people go for the stillen gen 3s or z1 or takeda, due to budget/not needing a tune to run.
okay thank you, I’m looking for it to be a daily but I am going in for a tune from my local guy once I install my headers, test pipes, fuel injectors and fuel pump, as well as I’m not much of a guy that cares purely on looks and sound. I want the car to have that horsepower gain but also doesn’t become unreliable.
Old 07-04-2020, 03:28 PM
Oakenfire
Registered Member

If you want real hp gain then just boost it, otherwise the $$ per hp isn't worth it for a couple NA mods(pre-boost). It's sad that these platforms are so difficult and costly to really do anything with because I love the G coupe look so much(and I'm not rich heh).
Old 07-04-2020, 03:35 PM
Oakenfire
Registered Member

A great source of knowledge besides this site is Moncef from Admintuning. Go to youtube and watch his his videos. Between this site and those videos is a great way to start building some knowledge about these cars.
The following users liked this post:
ljlovecars (07-18-2020)
Old 07-04-2020, 03:50 PM
Matt.contii
Registered Member

If you want real hp gain then just boost it, otherwise the $$ per hp isn't worth it for a couple NA mods(pre-boost). It's sad that these platforms are so difficult and costly to really do anything with because I love the G coupe look so much(and I'm not rich heh).
A great source of knowledge besides this site is Moncef from Admintuning. Go to youtube and watch his his videos. Between this site and those videos is a great way to start building some knowledge about these cars.
okay thank you for the hep, i'm mainly looking for around 350 to the whee nothing crazy, have an old is300 I was going to boost once I have the time to do it.
Old 07-04-2020, 03:54 PM
Oakenfire
Registered Member

I would go for the 3 inch intake then probably get you closer to 350 with all your parts and a tune.