Sponsored By:

What Vehicle to Replace G37S?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 09:42 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by cruzmisl
I switched to a GTI autobahn after looking at the Rs. 95% as happy paying about 8k less.

As far as being too old for a car, it's not like it's an STI or Civic Type R ricer boi mobile.
I drove a '17 Autobahn back around Thanksgiving, mostly to get a feel for the interior, which I really liked and consider comparable to the G37s, albeit lacking memory seats and power wheel. Apple car play, functional cup holders, rear HVAC vents and the hatchback offset those a lot though.

I didn't like the driving experience compared to my G. I'm hoping the AWD, summer tires and extra horsepower help.

If not...I could live with a STI limited with the wing delete
Old 01-17-2018, 09:53 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
I could dig an sti hatchback. Don't care for the 4 dr though.
Old 03-24-2018, 11:55 PM
DbestiZG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the ISF but if you want something with a warranty the most fun cars are pricey.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:11 AM
jrbhorn
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
If not...I could live with a STI limited with the wing delete
Just moved from an 08 G37S to a 17 STI Limited. Very happy with the decision. Interior has come a long way in the STI and it has so many more features with the electronics compared to the G. Granted, my G was 10 years old, but there's really nothing I feel like I'm missing in terms of creature comforts now.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:33 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jrbhorn

Just moved from an 08 G37S to a 17 STI Limited. Very happy with the decision. Interior has come a long way in the STI and it has so many more features with the electronics compared to the G. Granted, my G was 10 years old, but there's really nothing I feel like I'm missing in terms of creature comforts now.

And the 2018 received additional interior upgrades, thicker glass and additional sound insulation.

I'd miss the power adjustable steering wheel and memory seats the couple times a year someone else drives my car, but I'd gain the boxer rumble
Old 03-27-2018, 09:28 AM
Sig6MT
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Randy Johnson
I've had my 2010 G37S for 4 years now. It's been a good car but I am jonesing for a new car with more advance features. I think I have everything option except Nav but cars today have so much more. I always buy used cars and am looking at 2015-2017 for under 30k out the door. I don't mind haggling or waiting. I don't plan on buying till the end of 2018. I just can't figure out what I want. I really want a four door after have a coupe for 4 years. I like the Q50S but would want the Red Sport option and doubt it will be in my price range. Other cars I have looked at are:

BMW 335 or 435 Gran Coupe
Audi A/S/RS 5/6
Acura TLX

Any other suggestions? Domestics need not apply....
We have a 2013 6MT that came with all options including NAV, rear camera, etc. It has been a joy with no trouble at all.
The only thing missing is internet, which I solved with an portable device form Verizon.
Having more HP and torque is always nice but got enough as is.
Suggest a similarly equipped coupe from 2013 or 2014.

Last edited by Sig6MT; 03-27-2018 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-27-2018, 01:09 PM
jrbhorn
Registered Member

And the 2018 received additional interior upgrades, thicker glass and additional sound insulation.

I'd miss the power adjustable steering wheel and memory seats the couple times a year someone else drives my car, but I'd gain the boxer rumble
The lack of power adjustable steering doesn’t bother me. It’s a set and forget thing, along with memory seat. We have 2 vehicles and the wife rarely drove the G unless I needed her car (SUV). I only used the memory settings in the G to move the wheel up and seat back to make entry/exit easier. Thankfully I can slide under the wheel of the STI without needing to adjust anything. I’d surely miss the memory settings if I needed them, though. Small concession for everything else gained.

Old 03-27-2018, 01:27 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jrbhorn

The lack of power adjustable steering doesn’t bother me. It’s a set and forget thing, along with memory seat. We have 2 vehicles and the wife rarely drove the G unless I needed her car (SUV). I only used the memory settings in the G to move the wheel up and seat back to make entry/exit easier. Thankfully I can slide under the wheel of the STI without needing to adjust anything. I’d surely miss the memory settings if I needed them, though. Small concession for everything else gained.

Yeah, I suppose the flat bottom wheel makes ingress/egress easier.

My wife can't drive MT, so the only way the seating position gets messed up is annual rip off, er, inspection and if I have to go in for warranty work.

I'm about 98.5% sold on getting a STI Limited with the wing delete next summer as my G will be 7 years old.

Resale value on the STI is disgusting. If I had got the white STI hatch I was looking at when I got my G, I'd be sitting on a 25K trade in instead of 15K
Old 03-27-2018, 01:30 PM
turbo_dreams
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I came from a 2012 GTI Autobahn that I LOVED. Unfortunately it was totaled because of a weather-related incident. It was my first car with heated seats, leather, and an upscale feel. I can't go back now.

I've toyed with the idea of trading in my G37xS. There's a few cars that really interest me, not enough to justify being car poor with an astronomical payment, but it's good to have dreams. The following would be used, of course.
  • Golf R
  • GTR
  • ISF
  • IS350
  • ATS-V
Old 03-27-2018, 02:54 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
am i the only one that thinks the isf is fugly? esp the front
Old 03-27-2018, 02:59 PM
Джон
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Go with an m3 or m4. It's like a much better version of a G imo
Old 03-27-2018, 03:04 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

^but without the reliability lol
Old 03-27-2018, 03:06 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Джон
Go with an m3 or m4. It's like a much better version of a G imo
Of course it's better Base price is $66K, which is $25,000 more than the G's original base price. Even a lightly used M3 is in the low 50s.

I can't swing an M3 and max out my 401K, and I'd rather max out my 401K than drive an M3, so it's a moot point for me
Old 03-27-2018, 08:29 PM
jrbhorn
Registered Member

Yeah, I suppose the flat bottom wheel makes ingress/egress easier.

My wife can't drive MT, so the only way the seating position gets messed up is annual rip off, er, inspection and if I have to go in for warranty work.

I'm about 98.5% sold on getting a STI Limited with the wing delete next summer as my G will be 7 years old.

Resale value on the STI is disgusting. If I had got the white STI hatch I was looking at when I got my G, I'd be sitting on a 25K trade in instead of 15K
I don't think you'll be disappointed. I love it so far. Low spoiler option is awesome. Can always trunk swap with another STI if you decide you want the wing.
The following users liked this post:
Lego_Maniac (03-27-2018)
Old 03-27-2018, 09:34 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

does subaru offer the option of rice wing or not? they really should not a lot 30+ year olds would want to be rocking a wing that big that have the money to buy the car. its a little embarrassing. i saw a dude look close to 60 with a big wing subaru. not sure if he liked it or not lol

Quick Reply: What Vehicle to Replace G37S?