MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   G37 Coupe (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-coupe-239/)
-   -   What Vehicle to Replace G37S? (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-coupe/286187-what-vehicle-to-replace-g37s.html)

Randy Johnson 01-12-2018 02:05 PM

What Vehicle to Replace G37S?

I've had my 2010 G37S for 4 years now. It's been a good car but I am jonesing for a new car with more advance features. I think I have everything option except Nav but cars today have so much more. I always buy used cars and am looking at 2015-2017 for under 30k out the door. I don't mind haggling or waiting. I don't plan on buying till the end of 2018. I just can't figure out what I want. I really want a four door after have a coupe for 4 years. I like the Q50S but would want the Red Sport option and doubt it will be in my price range. Other cars I have looked at are:

BMW 335 or 435 Gran Coupe
Audi A/S/RS 5/6
Acura TLX

Any other suggestions? Domestics need not apply....

RMB5190 01-12-2018 03:41 PM

RS not in price range but mention cars in the 2015-2017 range that are more expensive...

Silver sport is available...not sure if you've seen the monster Z1 has created but I have to say, I'm impressed.

Not sure how dedicated you are to luxury only cars but there's whispers of the next generation MazdaSpeed line-up coming out. I'd be very interested in that if I was shopping. If not :

Audi TT RS

MB C63

Lexus RC F (Vicious looking)

Lego_Maniac 01-12-2018 03:54 PM

If I needed to get a new car tomorrow I'd get a 6MT Golf R.

I hope I don't need to get a new car tomorrow.

slartibartfast 01-12-2018 04:29 PM

I guess you coupe guys forget half the G37s are sedans.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...t-is-time.html

If you can consider sedans, this is a good thread.

JSolo 01-12-2018 06:51 PM

Use this link https://www.myg37.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew

Covers all the subforums without having to open each on individually.

xxg00w0 01-13-2018 04:12 AM

trying to save up for a panamera S

Landshark 01-13-2018 09:47 AM

if you're buying used, i'd stay away from German stuff. i'd make an exception for Porsche.

i don't have much to choose from - my requirements are AWD, performance, decent looks. maybe a Q60 RS in the future if they ever get Android Auto, because i like my music and don't want to deal with that BS audio system they have in it now,

Rollo 01-14-2018 09:28 AM

I am 2 years from replacing my 2013 coupe and I am already wondering what I will get next. The new infinitis don't handle well if you believe the car magazines so they are out for me.

I shop in a similar price range to the OP and feel like it is going to be difficult to replace this car.

Randy Johnson 01-14-2018 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Rollo (Post 4177293)
I am 2 years from replacing my 2013 coupe and I am already wondering what I will get next. The new infinitis don't handle well if you believe the car magazines so they are out for me.

I shop in a similar price range to the OP and feel like it is going to be difficult to replace this car.

It's the price range that is killing us. But I think ~30K is a nice chunk of money. Probably have to wait for something really good or go a little older. Still leaning towards the 4 Series BMW's but only if I can get it equipped the way I want.

Rollo 01-16-2018 09:21 PM

I started looking at bmw's and found some really nice ones in the 20s. Just make sure you get one with a warranty or buy a warranty for it.

I would like one of the newer WRX limiteds but for the money they go for I could get a well equipped manual 2 or 4 series bmw--with the 4 cylinder turbo.

I may keep this car 4 more years instead of 2. As long as gas doesn't get back to the $4 plus range again.

xorbitman 01-17-2018 12:48 AM

What I would buy to replace my 2012 G37xS Japanese/Canadian edition with Paddles

Honestly, I asked myself the same question. First off I like the new Q60s but I find it tries to hard to compete with the BMW 4 series. I looked at the following cars:

1. Audi TTRS 2018
2. Mercedes C63 AMG & C43 AMG 2017
3. BMW 240M 2017
4. VW Golf R 2 door 2017
5. Audi S5 2017
6. Subaru STI without wing 2018

Audi - I find them over priced especially in Canada. Even 2nd hand and parts are expensive.
I have a friend that is a manager of a major body shop here that is part of a large group that owns many dealerships. She refuses most BMW's except the odd 5 or 7 series. She insists that the others are very badly assembled.
The Golf R....I'm a bit too old for this even though I had a GTI in the past; A long time ago.
Subaru is a sedan...
The car that I like the most is the C63S and it's close relative the C43 AMG 2 door coupes. The go to car is obviously the C63S. In fact I find that the C63S and the G37 coupe have the same profiles when viewed from the side.
I even considered a used F-Type Jag but you never know what you're going to get...reliable or not and the parts are expensive...as are used Jags.
I don't like the front of the Lexus while the Infiniti Q60s is competing too hard against the BMW 4 series coupe and the Lexus IS-F Coupe and other Lexus Coupes. in the end I will keep my car and add a Motordyne exhaust.
I would never but a Camaro or Corvette StingRay...I can get in to the Corvette but even though I'm only 5'7" and average weight, I can't get out.

JSolo 01-17-2018 12:50 AM

No ATS-V? It's almost like a 4 dr camaro. Not sure about buying new, but maybe 1-2 yrs old.

Ryne 01-17-2018 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by xorbitman (Post 4177727)
...I have a friend that is a manager of a major body shop here that is part of a large group that owns many dealerships. She refuses most BMW's except the odd 5 or 7 series. She insists that the others are very badly assembled.

I've heard a lot of bad things said about BMWs, but this is a first. I've definitely never heard of a reputable body shop refusing to work on BMWs for the mere fact that they are badged BMW. :bowrofl:

saywat? 01-17-2018 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by xorbitman (Post 4177727)
Honestly, I asked myself the same question. First off I like the new Q60s but I find it tries to hard to compete with the BMW 4 series. I looked at the following cars:

1. Audi TTRS 2018
2. Mercedes C63 AMG & C43 AMG 2017
3. BMW 240M 2017
4. VW Golf R 2 door 2017
5. Audi S5 2017
6. Subaru STI without wing 2018

Audi - I find them over priced especially in Canada. Even 2nd hand and parts are expensive.
I have a friend that is a manager of a major body shop here that is part of a large group that owns many dealerships. She refuses most BMW's except the odd 5 or 7 series. She insists that the others are very badly assembled.
The Golf R....I'm a bit too old for this even though I had a GTI in the past; A long time ago.
Subaru is a sedan...
The car that I like the most is the C63S and it's close relative the C43 AMG 2 door coupes. The go to car is obviously the C63S. In fact I find that the C63S and the G37 coupe have the same profiles when viewed from the side.
I even considered a used F-Type Jag but you never know what you're going to get...reliable or not and the parts are expensive...as are used Jags.
I don't like the front of the Lexus while the Infiniti Q60s is competing too hard against the BMW 4 series coupe and the Lexus IS-F Coupe and other Lexus Coupes. in the end I will keep my car and add a Motordyne exhaust.
I would never but a Camaro or Corvette StingRay...I can get in to the Corvette but even though I'm only 5'7" and average weight, I can't get out.

why does it matter to u if the q60 competes with 4 series?

cruzmisl 01-17-2018 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac (Post 4177087)
If I needed to get a new car tomorrow I'd get a 6MT Golf R.

I hope I don't need to get a new car tomorrow.

I switched to a GTI autobahn after looking at the Rs. 95% as happy paying about 8k less.

As far as being too old for a car, it's not like it's an STI or Civic Type R ricer boi mobile.