G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Best axle back exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 04:48 PM
taste1h

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I just noticed you have the exact same setup as me (based on your signature) - touche sir

Originally Posted by HotSawce
And now I love it
Old 04-27-2017, 11:00 AM
xnick101
Registered Member

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts

Topspeed axle back + Fast Intentions resonated test pipes. Always have loved this setup, will never change this setup.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:27 PM
xxg00w0
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
sport muffler with stock resonator delete (start from 1:00)

Old 04-27-2017, 10:49 PM
supreme
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Avid believer in doing research, and I have GREAT results with my TopSpeed Axleback. Love the sound, and amazed by the price I spent on it too. Besides the Tanabe is basically the same thing minus perfect fitment. I do not see the price difference really being worth it.

Whatever you do, do not do a muffler delete for the sake of drone that will drive you insane.

Do not expect to get gains out of an axleback - they are strictly for sound. And weight restriction if you want to really get into it lol.
Old 06-07-2019, 12:07 PM
josephwhan
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Teddy1213
Hi, I’m very new to the G world and the car scene in general, and I just got a 2008 G37s coupe a couple days ago,

Wanting to put an axle back exhaust on it to enhance the sound, without breaking the bank with easy installation cause I’m new to this. Could someone recommend some of the better quality ones, on the cheaper side? Also, was wondering about the resonated axlebacks vs the non resonated axlebacks, and the trade offs and pros and cons to those as well.
this whole post was literally what you just asked for. and also search is your friend. =) welcome.
Old 06-08-2019, 01:22 AM
Teddy1213

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by josephwhan
this whole post was literally what you just asked for. and also search is your friend. =) welcome.
Thanks! Sorry
Old 06-11-2019, 03:31 PM
Teddy1213

Top speed

New to the forum, I think this is the right spot

Would you guys recommend going with the top speed axle back with the built in mufflers? or the ones that are basically straight pipes? I want it to be a decent amount louder than stock, and I’ve read that the Topspeed axleback with the small mufflers on each side are about as loud as stock, but with the straight pipes I also don’t want my new G that I just picked up to sound like a fart can. I just want a louder sound that keeps the tone for the most part

Last edited by Teddy1213; 06-11-2019 at 04:24 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:38 PM
KoanGQ
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would you guys recommend going with the top speed axle back with the built in mufflers? or the ones that are basically straight pipes? I want it to be a decent amount louder than stock, and I’ve read that the Topspeed axleback with the small mufflers on each side are about as loud as stock, but with the straight pipes I also don’t want my new G that I just picked up to sound like a fart can. I just want a louder sound that keeps the tone for the most part
The topspeed ones with the built in resonators are DEFINITELY louder than stock.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:55 PM
Teddy1213

Originally Posted by KoanGQ
The topspeed ones with the built in resonators are DEFINITELY louder than stock.

Hmm, maybe I’m thinking of something else, thank you for clearing that up! Appreciate it!
Old 06-12-2019, 02:00 PM
axis.
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

The Topspeed axleback with resonators are louder than stock but it's a respectable loud that nobody will get annoyed over.

The TS axleback with no resonators is pretty loud and growly, sounds good IMO. Doesn't sound like a fart can as it retains the same VQ sound

My favourite exhaust set up so far was my TS axleback without res + HFC.

I'm currently running Ark CBE + ART pipes. Slightly too quiet and toned down in my opinion (and also smells horrible)

So depends on your taste

Old 06-12-2019, 03:00 PM
Teddy1213

Originally Posted by axis.
The Topspeed axleback with resonators are louder than stock but it's a respectable loud that nobody will get annoyed over.

The TS axleback with no resonators is pretty loud and growly, sounds good IMO. Doesn't sound like a fart can as it retains the same VQ sound

My favourite exhaust set up so far was my TS axleback without res + HFC.

I'm currently running Ark CBE + ART pipes. Slightly too quiet and toned down in my opinion (and also smells horrible)

So depends on your taste
Thanks! thats exactly what I was looking for! I appreciate your response. I think I’m leaning towards the TS axle back without resonators, my only concern is it being loud enough to get me pulled over every time I drive past a cop.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:49 PM
jcbone
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the topspeed axleback with the resonators on them on my G37S coupe 6MT. I've had it for a little over 2 years and love it. The sound is definitely louder than stock and keeps the VQ sound. I got it when I first bought my G because I wanted it louder than stock for a decent price but now I'm itching for the exhaust to be a little louder now and some gains so I ordered the Fast Intentions Catback exhaust with no resonators. If you want the exhaust on the milder side I'd say go with the resonators but if you want louder go with the straight pipes one. Can't go wrong with either really, just your preference. Great axleback for the price.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:43 AM
Teddy1213

Originally Posted by jcbone
I have the topspeed axleback with the resonators on them on my G37S coupe 6MT. I've had it for a little over 2 years and love it. The sound is definitely louder than stock and keeps the VQ sound. I got it when I first bought my G because I wanted it louder than stock for a decent price but now I'm itching for the exhaust to be a little louder now and some gains so I ordered the Fast Intentions Catback exhaust with no resonators. If you want the exhaust on the milder side I'd say go with the resonators but if you want louder go with the straight pipes one. Can't go wrong with either really, just your preference. Great axleback for the price.
Thanks man, I really appreciate the input. I think I’m going to do with the straight pipe ones
Old 06-18-2019, 02:26 PM
axis.
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Thanks! thats exactly what I was looking for! I appreciate your response. I think I’m leaning towards the TS axle back without resonators, my only concern is it being loud enough to get me pulled over every time I drive past a cop.
Honestly if you accelerate slowly past a cop, you'll probably fine. It's audible but not obnoxious. When you get on the gas and go past 3K+ that's when you really hear it.

However if you throw in some HFC in the mix....it is pretty loud whether you drive fast or slow haha

Just don't slap on test pipes with the non-resonated axleback...that is obnoxious lol
Old 06-18-2019, 02:31 PM
Teddy1213

Originally Posted by axis.
Honestly if you accelerate slowly past a cop, you'll probably fine. It's audible but not obnoxious. When you get on the gas and go past 3K+ that's when you really hear it.

However if you throw in some HFC in the mix....it is pretty loud whether you drive fast or slow haha

Just don't slap on test pipes with the non-resonated axleback...that is obnoxious lol
Awesome, thank you! I think i’ll go with the non resonated version, this feedback has been exactly what I was wondering !!

Quick Reply: Best axle back exhaust?