What did you do to your coupe today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 03:20 PM
skrolz
Registered Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by iddqd
Thanks guys!

I'm really happy I went with these wheels. I got the advice from here since initially I was thinking of going all black, happy I went with gunmetal. I'll be shipping off my headlights soon once my oemassives arrive. It'll be satin black painting for the shrouds + housing and smoking side reflector then adding dummy projectors for the quad halos. Really excited for this one!
Car looks amazing, bro. Damn.

And question... how are you getting smoked reflectors in the oemassives? Is that an option?
Old 10-21-2018, 05:00 PM
iddqd
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by skrolz
Car looks amazing, bro. Damn.

And question... how are you getting smoked reflectors in the oemassives? Is that an option?
Thanks a lot dude! It's pretty cool with what a few mods can do.

Ohh, so what I'm doing is taking my current headlights and shipping them off to a company. Then I'm going to just use the oemassives as they are until I get my headlights back which will be customized. I'll then swap them back in. Then I'll either just keep the oemassives as a cheap back up spare or just return it through eBay for my full money back (60 day return policy with them). For my headlights I'm getting that amber strip on the side smoked out so it'll just be a nice clear look on the outside, inside parts like the housing/shroud will be satin black so I can just visibly see the quad halos. Well that's the goal, haha.
The following users liked this post:
skrolz (10-23-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 06:05 AM
W Brett Heald
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Big time lurker here. I've had my g coupe for a couple of years now. So far I enjoy everything it offers! Earlier this year I've just been adding cosmetic/aesthetic mods to enjoy looking at her even more! I added a VIS Racing ams carbon fiber hood the other day. Fitment seems almost spot on so far besides getting the washer fluid hose clips back in so I just used 3m double sided tape to keep it intact. I'm really digging it. So far I've added: OEM rear spoiler, midnight grille, Depo eBay tail lights, carbon fiber element steering wheel + shift ****, gunmetal nismo wheels, IPL side skirts, gtr push to start button + carsmo *****, carbon fiber mirror covers and last week I had eibach pro-kit springs + hotchkis f&r sway bars installed so I'm letting them settle before an alignment and spc f&r camber kits installed. Autokits x v2 rear diffuser should hopefully arrive within two weeks and I just ordered the oemassive headlights to temporarily use while I ship off my headlights to get retrofitted - I think it'll really set off the front of the vehicle. After that, possibly the last big cosmetic mod I'd want is to do something with the fenders. I think the MFendz look really nice as well as the liberty walk/OC Garage fender flares but don't think I can pull off the latter.

I'm pretty content with the stock exhaust sound and don't want to be super loud at all times. I may look into just adding an axle back or see what black friday promos are going on for CBE. I also may look into getting my calipers powder coated. From searching on older threads here I think the burnt copper looks beautiful and may contrast well with my black g and gunmetal wheels. I'm fairly new to modding in general and will have to measure if I want to add wheel spacers to my front side since they are slightly sunken in compared to rears which are poking a little out after lowering.

Well, back to lurking but thank you very much to these forums for having a plethora of knowledge for these cars!
Awesome car.
Regarding oem spoilers for these, I did a search here but it wasn't conclusive, so i have a question, since you said it was one of your mods.
I want to change from having the chrome lip to oem color coded spoiler. I asked this company and they said the oem spoiler will not fit my 370gt coupe (aka g37) with chrome spoiler. Im not sure why. they said their customers had told them it wont fit.
Can you shed any light on this?
I assumed from my forum search that it was a matter of removing the chrome lip and drilling extra holes to fit the oem (or oem styled) spoiler.
I like this comoany's one because i want to retain my parcel tray high stop light and have the oem spoiler look but without having to reroute the light wiring and without having to have the light inside the spoiler.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/281745756339?ul_noapp=true
Old 10-22-2018, 10:46 AM
puttster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bled the brakes. Funny thing, on my 2008 the rear bleeders take a 8mm and the fronts take a 9mm. I did not have the latter so I grinded the open end of the 8mm wrench to make it fit.
Also, the 90 degree fitting that came with my Mity-Vac had to be held on to the fitting with one hand, not a simple thing while pumping with the other hand and probably a reason why the brakes, while improved, are still kind of spongy.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:10 AM
BigGfam

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Those the stock S model 19" wheels lol but thanks

Originally Posted by blnewt
Very clean coupe, great choice in wheel shade, excellent match there!
Lllllllll
Old 10-23-2018, 07:47 AM
iddqd
Registered Member

Originally Posted by W Brett Heald
Awesome car.
Regarding oem spoilers for these, I did a search here but it wasn't conclusive, so i have a question, since you said it was one of your mods.
I want to change from having the chrome lip to oem color coded spoiler. I asked this company and they said the oem spoiler will not fit my 370gt coupe (aka g37) with chrome spoiler. Im not sure why. they said their customers had told them it wont fit.
Can you shed any light on this?
I assumed from my forum search that it was a matter of removing the chrome lip and drilling extra holes to fit the oem (or oem styled) spoiler.
I like this comoany's one because i want to retain my parcel tray high stop light and have the oem spoiler look but without having to reroute the light wiring and without having to have the light inside the spoiler.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/281745756339?ul_noapp=true
Thanks Brett! The rear deck lid spoiler was my first mod I wanted to change since I didn't personally like the chrome lip. Do you think they had it mistaken with the 370z by any chance? That's weird. I personally went with the oem rear deck spoiler myself via parts.infinitiusa.com I used the 25% promo they always have going (ESTORE2018) to get it for a little over $400 shipped. Knowing now, I would have just waited and gotten a carbon fiber duckbill spoiler off of eBay.

At the time I didn't like the idea of myself drilling holes into my car so I took it down the street to a custom car shop. They knocked it out real quick for me so the installation is exactly liked you described and very straightforward. The spoiler I ordered came with instructions and all. Sorry I don't have more insight on that particular spoiler though.

W Brett Heald (11-03-2018)
Old 10-23-2018, 09:42 AM
Calg37USMC
Premier Member

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Wrong thread.

Last edited by Calg37USMC; 10-23-2018 at 04:32 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 12:46 AM
kon17
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Sorry skrolz, only have a few on my phone haha. I'll try taking some more later on for you. Here's one after a wash.
I have a black G37s and was considering wrapping it and changing it to pearl white or graphite but your car made me love my black G even more. Car looks sick enjoy it man! I just purchased some Truhart Coilovers, Eibach F&R sway bar, and PowerStop Z23 Evolution Brake just waiting to put them on hopefully this upcoming week or the next. Then save up to repaint my car and remove few scratches the previous owner did on it.
W Brett Heald (11-03-2018)
Old 11-03-2018, 02:31 AM
W Brett Heald
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Added factory 19" Enkeis (it previously had the 18" Enkeis) - they are painted in gun metal grey

370GT Coupe
Old 11-03-2018, 02:17 PM
iddqd
Registered Member

Originally Posted by kon17
I have a black G37s and was considering wrapping it and changing it to pearl white or graphite but your car made me love my black G even more. Car looks sick enjoy it man! I just purchased some Truhart Coilovers, Eibach F&R sway bar, and PowerStop Z23 Evolution Brake just waiting to put them on hopefully this upcoming week or the next. Then save up to repaint my car and remove few scratches the previous owner did on it.
Thanks man! Black is so beautiful when it's clean. The trick is just keeping it clean! Haha. Sounds like you have some nice mods coming up. I love my drop and sway bars. I see why it's so highly recommended.

Yeah I have a couple of door dings myself on passenger side but I won't fix it until after I settle on getting a house. Once you fix her up she will look beautiful.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:56 AM
Gaspeed

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Changed my manual transmission fluid and differential gear oil. Didn't realize how difficult it was until I started pumping oil back into the transmission. All good tho, it wasn't too bad.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:55 PM
Poulton002

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Poulton002
Removed headlights , baked in oven to separate and open...painted the inner housing semi gloss black.

​​​​Been wanting to do this for a long time , finally had the ***** to get it done .Took me around a day to complete. Wasn't too too hard, the hardest part was prying the headlight open. Tough but not impossible. Project was a pain In the A$$ but super happy with the results so I'd say it was worth it.

ALTHOUGH NOW I CANT CLOSE MY HOOD ALL THE WAY. GOTTA FIGURE THAT ONE OUT.

2011 INFINITI G37 IPL

BTW I'm too lazy to black out my liscense plate number. So if any dork out there doea anything fishy with it like a real WEIRDO.. I will find you and I will kill you (in my leam neesons voice)
Old 11-12-2018, 10:00 PM
Crazy_Guy
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I had that issue once check the clips on the hood on each side the latch on mine one fell out before I think. Im not 100% but I know it involved one of those plastic push pin things and once I lined it up and replaced it closed just fine. Also good job on the headlights Im too nervous about not resealing them correctly to pull mine apart yet.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:01 PM
Poulton002

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kickintheglass
Finally finished the wrap on Saturday! I drove about 200 miles this weekend to enjoy the hard work spent on the project

How realistic is this to get done? Around how much this cost? Looks AMAZING

Old 11-12-2018, 10:08 PM
kon17
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Today i got my coilover, eibach (front and rear) sway bar, and brake rotors and pads. Tomorrow im going back to adjust the height its way too low and didn't have enough time to adjust it and get my wheels aligned. I have a long list of mods to come, but next on my list is change my catalytic converter (mine is very rusty) and hopefully paints my wheels, calipers, wrap interior trim, and repaint my car.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your coupe today?