Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

IPL Mod Setup

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 03:39 PM
G Nepal

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Darkstar752
I/TP/E + Tune would put him at 330whp, 40hp+ is a decent amount.
I have ART TP, e370 full CBE, Still gen3 along with Uprev tune and I pulled 294whp.

330whp is being very generous. It's good to be hopeful but too hopeful will lead to disappointment. BUT I really hope you do pull 330whp
Old 10-23-2013, 11:39 AM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Received 105 Likes on 75 Posts
Only 294. Seems light for what you have. Do you know your baseline before any mods?
Old 10-23-2013, 11:48 AM
IPL 370GT

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
I don't know much about modding IPL's but... Stop dreaming about Dyno numbers.

Look into the KW V3 over the V1. Otherwise stick with the swift springs. I also wouldn't recommend the Stillen Gen 3. Your stock air box is more than adequate. No need to cut your car for a couple HP. Enjoy your IPL and when you get bored get you some boost!
The following users liked this post:
GTLAW (10-23-2013)
Old 10-23-2013, 11:53 AM
G Nepal

Originally Posted by sobeIPL
Only 294. Seems light for what you have. Do you know your baseline before any mods?
Yeah I know.. I was expecting at least 310. Baseline was around 260ish I think. .
Old 10-23-2013, 12:08 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Originally Posted by BeefMaster
You're losing the IPL tune. I honestly wouldn't expect to make much power more than what the IPL already provides.
That's what I was thinking, Isn't the only difference with the IPL is the tune is more aggressive? With those parts and tune should be right around 305WHP is what I was thinking,
Old 10-23-2013, 02:23 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Received 105 Likes on 75 Posts
Are these numbers a fluke? It seems this guy's IPL went from 293 stock to 310 w/ Stillen g3 and uprev tune. Suspension aside, I'm basically thinking of doing same thing except also maybe test pipe too. (Not sure if the chance of smell is worth it tho). But these gains/totals are exactly what I am after.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-...en-3-tune.html
Old 10-23-2013, 03:50 PM
Darkstar752

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by G Nepal
I have ART TP, e370 full CBE, Still gen3 along with Uprev tune and I pulled 294whp.

330whp is being very generous. It's good to be hopeful but too hopeful will lead to disappointment. BUT I really hope you do pull 330whp
That's just what I've seen most dyno at. But keep in mind their baseline was around 280-290. What matters is how much power is gained, I'm sure the car felt much better in the end.

Going from 255 to 295 is the exact same as going from 290 to 330. Dyno numbers don't really matter in the end. That's just what local G37's pull at the dynojets around here, all of them start at about 285-290whp. I find it comical for the lack of engine and modding knowledge in general around these parts and the amount of people that say the IPL doesn't need any more HP and is perfect in stock form, bolt ons barely do anything, etc.

For those who don't know, there's a 350Z running around with 400WHP+ N/A on a DE engine bored to 3.7L. I'll be happy with a 40-50whp gain on my G37 along with lightweight driveshaft/flywheel/rotors/rims. Should keep me happy for a year or two until I'm seated in an e92 or GT-R.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:17 AM
G Nepal

Originally Posted by Darkstar752
That's just what I've seen most dyno at. But keep in mind their baseline was around 280-290. What matters is how much power is gained, I'm sure the car felt much better in the end.

Going from 255 to 295 is the exact same as going from 290 to 330. Dyno numbers don't really matter in the end. That's just what local G37's pull at the dynojets around here, all of them start at about 285-290whp. I find it comical for the lack of engine and modding knowledge in general around these parts and the amount of people that say the IPL doesn't need any more HP and is perfect in stock form, bolt ons barely do anything, etc.

For those who don't know, there's a 350Z running around with 400WHP+ N/A on a DE engine bored to 3.7L. I'll be happy with a 40-50whp gain on my G37 along with lightweight driveshaft/flywheel/rotors/rims. Should keep me happy for a year or two until I'm seated in an e92 or GT-R.
One thing I can tell you is... The car feels much much better after the tune. The lag is gone, car is very responsive. It always amazes me how expensive it is to get power out of our cars.. it costs almost $100/hp.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:34 PM
Doubleminded

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by G Nepal
One thing I can tell you is... The car feels much much better after the tune. The lag is gone, car is very responsive. It always amazes me how expensive it is to get power out of our cars.. it costs almost $100/hp.
It's the Infiniti tax. If power is anyone's goal in this car then skip everything and turbo it, again expensive because of that Infiniti tax. Turbo or supercharger is the only way to go for real power in most cars. Sad when SRT4 add bolt-ons and turn up the boost and destroy us, with half the cost in parts.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:32 PM
Pnrymmf
Premier Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
This was a very interesting thread. i have a 2013 IPL Convertible. I traded a 05 G35 in and got a great deal. Vert was an Infiniti corp car. (execs get a new car every 6 months) it had 12K miles and i got it for just under $44K. Feel i got a good deal and always wanted a Vert at least once in my life. I have been searching for some technical/mechanical info on what changes normal moding would do to the IPL overall. i know Infiniti did some things to produce the added performance and horse power so i didnt want to just spend money and not get much in return. i love the red interior, the car itself looks amazing especially with the top down. im never going to probably take it to the track but know i want a car that looks like it performes and im not too far from the mountains so im sure it will get some driving like it deserves. i would appreciate it if any of you guys can give me mechanical info on if the following would or would not add to the performance of the IPL. I know it would make it look different/better to me and possibly sound different.
I have done the Gen3 CAI and Stillen Cat back (mostly because i did that to my last G) and i didnt think the IPLexhaust sounded as good as my old G35. It sounds much better but still just a little less than what iwould like with the top up.
I want to get the vert to sit down a little but not too much and move the wheels out a little. (do springs or coilovers or what)
Will HFCs and a tune help or not with current performance and anyone know if exhaust sound will be much different? (think im ok on Atl emissions )
Should i mess with the intake?
Should i also add a upgrade sway bars? (i had Stillen on old G)
Lastly, will a strut tower bar help in handling?
Appreciate it fellow IPLers. The last string i found only had a bunch of chatter around you should do what you want to your car and bashed a kinda A****** guy who somehow had a fake IPL. Where do you get a fake IPL?? Do you buy it at the car wash beside the guy selling gold chains and the other dude selling designer pocketbooks for half off??lol Anyway thanks for any help you can give in these questions. Anything i do i will be back to Z1 motorsports in carrollton. They did my CAI and seem like great people. Thanks
Old 05-16-2014, 09:40 AM
perez519

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sobeIPL
Time to say goodbye to my 350Z b/ I finally found a used IPL 6MT! Bought car yesterday (2011 graphite w/ 23k mi), tires are shot so ride is sub-par right now, but I couldn't be happier otherwise.

Buying a bunch of parts first thing tomorrow morning. Here is what's on the horizon:

-SPC full camber kit
-KW v1 (strongly considered going swift springs, just want to go a smidge lower (maybe that's a bad idea tho)
-Spacers (either 15mm or 20mm)

-Stillen g3 intake
-Res test pipes (still deciding on brand but FI seems to be forum consensus)
-Uprev tune

After reading everything I could find on the subject, I feel this mod setup gives you the best bang for the buck without overlapping with the extras you get from buying IPL over S. From what I have seen, stock IPLs are putting around 287 to the wheels. I'm expecting (hoping) I will be around the 310-315 mark when all is said and done; which although is a little ambitious, doesn't seem unreasonable from other members results. I'll post pics after I do suspension as well as before and after Dyno results for reference. Suggestions/Opinions welcomed...

Hey I know this is a late post, 315whp can be achieved with this mods. I have a 2011 IPL 6MT and last summer I only did (gen3 CAI, STD light weight pulley, FI resonated test pipe, using my IPL exhaust with upRev) The result was 316whp before upRev and finished with 323whp/247wtq. I don't have stock IPL dyno numbers from comparison how much I truly gain from this mods but if your saying 287-290whp depending which dyno machine. 33-36whp is not a bad gain for me from those simple mods. I have dyno sheet in my profile. I'm going to try Z1 upper manifold and headers this summer to see if I can get more. Based on there 09 370z NA with similar mods it made 342whp @ 400hp crank. I'm doing this for **** and giggles until I supercharge it next summer
Old 09-25-2014, 02:37 PM
XraidenX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by perez519
Hey I know this is a late post, 315whp can be achieved with this mods. I have a 2011 IPL 6MT and last summer I only did (gen3 CAI, STD light weight pulley, FI resonated test pipe, using my IPL exhaust with upRev) The result was 316whp before upRev and finished with 323whp/247wtq. I don't have stock IPL dyno numbers from comparison how much I truly gain from this mods but if your saying 287-290whp depending which dyno machine. 33-36whp is not a bad gain for me from those simple mods. I have dyno sheet in my profile. I'm going to try Z1 upper manifold and headers this summer to see if I can get more. Based on there 09 370z NA with similar mods it made 342whp @ 400hp crank. I'm doing this for **** and giggles until I supercharge it next summer
hopefully your still in this forum lol

i have a IPL and thinking about getting FI RTP for my IPL, how does it sound with the IPL exhaust? have any videos?