Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

E370 Ticket!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Only4theGnme

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
E370 Ticket!!!

I'm sure this will possibly cause a stir, especially amongst those of us who love our Motordyne E370 exhausts. 2am Sunday morning coming back from a friends house after watching the MMA fights, I was pulled over on Rte 1 in Fairfax County VA and ticketed...no I was NOT speeding. Anyone familiar with Rte 1, knows that they "hawk" it religiously and thus you should know better than to speed while driving on it...

I saw the police officer driving on the opposite side of the road, pass me, throw on his lights to make a U-turn and then run up on my back like I just robbed a liquor store...

He drove behind me for a short while and then threw his lights on and pulled me over...I was pissed because I knew for a fact that I wasn't speeding so what could possibly be the problem?! He walked up and asked for my license and reg...I asked why I was pulled over...he said that I had the most annoying exhaust he ever heard.

Yes I was ticketed. Yes I had a few choice words for him (but I will refrain from that negativity). I don't yet know the cost of the ticket...apparently you have to call in to find out the fee if you choose to pay the ticket and not take it to court.

Since having this exhaust installed I have many times had police officers ride behind me or beside me and not once before that morning had I been "sweated" about the sound of my exhaust.

Word for word...the ticket reads: "exhaust makes exccessive"...
Thats it.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:22 AM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
He didnt have to put your exhaust down like that. It's not too professional when the law gets personal. I do have to agree though the MD exhaust is very loud! but not the most annoying I've ever heard.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:24 AM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
No need to draw unwanted attention to yourself............But I am sure he was just looking for a reason to pull you over. Anytime you put a loud exhaust people will notice. Mine on the Z is not very loud at all but it draws too much attention.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:52 PM
OB G

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I have a non resonated FI exhaust and definitely worry sometimes about getting pulled over. Yes it sounds amazing but this is one the reasons why I've decided to switch it up to a resonated version.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:52 PM
GotAir523

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
back in the day on my old car, i put an exhaust on it and used to get pulled over for the exhaust (no it wasn't a honda), and they cop put it down as a noise ordinance since he could hear it over 25ft away (in west palm there was a big stereo problem with people playing them loud so cops pull people over at night for disturbing the peace, according ot the cop my exhaust fell in that category). personally i've heard the MD exhaust and while its loud, i don't think its obnoxious and excessive enough for that.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:58 PM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 271 Likes on 232 Posts
Sucks man, I was stopped for my CF Fast Intentions CBE long ago and paid around $150 for the ticket, it was late i had got off work and driving normal, same thing cop pulled a U-turn and gave me a ticket for a modified exhaust.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:07 PM
Only4theGnme

Originally Posted by GotAir523
back in the day on my old car, i put an exhaust on it and used to get pulled over for the exhaust (no it wasn't a honda), and they cop put it down as a noise ordinance since he could hear it over 25ft away (in west palm there was a big stereo problem with people playing them loud so cops pull people over at night for disturbing the peace, according ot the cop my exhaust fell in that category). personally i've heard the MD exhaust and while its loud, i don't think its obnoxious and excessive enough for that.
I agree...I have heard trucks and motorcycles with louder exhausts!
Old 10-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Kevalteam

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts
I got one on 267. cop followed me for 2 + miles through a toll booth and pulled me over....he told me $25 for the ticket but after court processing and other fees it's around $98 or so.... VA cops really suck.... got pulled over twice within 24 hours for tint (36%) and front tags and they were doing a check point at a toll booth.... enough of state troopers ordered front tag brackets and removing tint very soon....
Old 10-15-2012, 01:48 PM
Can'tGme

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Wow I'm glad I don't live in the bigger cities like you guys do. I used to have a 03 Z with Berk HFC's, Stillen Y-pipe and an Agency Power single 3in. exhaust. With the 4.08 gears I installed I was doing almost 4k rpms at 60mph. It was HELLA loud. Like set off car alarms easily loud. And I never once got pulled over.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Kevalteam

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts
^ lucky..... I have changed my exhaust set up 5 times now.... I have oem 370z y pipe and muffler and a g37 mid pipes with fast intention resonated TP.....
Old 10-15-2012, 01:54 PM
cribbsjy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Virginia law states that it is illegal to modify a vehicle from it's factory specifications. If you mod a car in VA, then you are accepting the risk of getting ticketed. When I was in VA (moved to TN about 3 months ago), I received 5 tint tickets on my last car (Scion tC), and was threatened with a ticket for the exhaust on the car -- the cop was convinced not to write the ticket when I showed him it was a TRD exhaust, which is a factory option, thus making it a manufacturer speced exhaust.

Sorry for the luck, but you should expect more tickets in the future if you have a modded car in Virginia.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:05 PM
Only4theGnme

Originally Posted by cribbsjy
Virginia law states that it is illegal to modify a vehicle from it's factory specifications. If you mod a car in VA, then you are accepting the risk of getting ticketed. When I was in VA (moved to TN about 3 months ago), I received 5 tint tickets on my last car (Scion tC), and was threatened with a ticket for the exhaust on the car -- the cop was convinced not to write the ticket when I showed him it was a TRD exhaust, which is a factory option, thus making it a manufacturer speced exhaust.

Sorry for the luck, but you should expect more tickets in the future if you have a modded car in Virginia.
...Yeah...thats cool...but I don't live in VA!!!! The cop told me about that law...but I don't live in VA!!
Lol
Old 10-15-2012, 03:07 PM
cribbsjy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Only4theGnme
...Yeah...thats cool...but I don't live in VA!!!! The cop told me about that law...but I don't live in VA!!
Lol
Drive in their state, play by their rules... Sucks, but that is life lol
Old 10-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Dark Sarcasm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess there are no Harley's up that way???
Old 10-15-2012, 08:50 PM
Topher9425
Premier Member

Received 122 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by Kevalteam
I got one on 267. cop followed me for 2 + miles through a toll booth and pulled me over....he told me $25 for the ticket but after court processing and other fees it's around $98 or so.... VA cops really suck.... got pulled over twice within 24 hours for tint (36%) and front tags and they were doing a check point at a toll booth.... enough of state troopers ordered front tag brackets and removing tint very soon....
LOL.....I was pulled over in Ashburn by Giant plaza by not one, not two, but "THREE" police cars when I had my CL-S. I was still registered in Florida tags at the time, and they threatened to give me a ticket for every modification on my acura!

* Rotora BBK
* HKS dual exhaust
* 8% limo tint
* Tinted tails
* CAI
* headers

LOL, i was like WTF....im up here on business! So they let me off with 6 warnings. LMAO

Quick Reply: E370 Ticket!!!