Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Key FOB battery question

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 07:06 PM
g37mke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
might be right?

I have no clue how this may happen but I have also had the low battery alert come on for both keys after synching my Galaxy S5... very strange..would never make the correlation but I landed on this page while searching for the battery type...
Old 07-23-2014, 03:31 PM
GORILLA GAINS

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by g37mke
I have no clue how this may happen but I have also had the low battery alert come on for both keys after synching my Galaxy S5... very strange..would never make the correlation but I landed on this page while searching for the battery type...

mine has been fine since the dealership cleared it out. not real sure. but glad its gone. it was annoying driving at night with that light blaring.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:38 AM
jsampsell

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by GORILLA GAINS
I had the key indicator light come on in my 2010 g37s 6mt. the key worked just fine but I figured the battery was about to die so I replaced it. the light stayed on. took it to the dealership and they cleared it and don't know exactly why it even came up. funny thing is it just started after I bought my galaxy S5 a couple of weeks ago. so I take my car home and it pops back up. I take it back to the dealership. they clear my phone sync off my car and tell me to drive around without syncing it for a couple of days and see if it comes back on. well its been a couple of days and im about to sync it back up today. if the light comes back what could it be? the dealership already told me if it comes back on they have no clue what to do. anybody have this happen to them?
Originally Posted by Jestered
I can't think of any possible way that the phone being paired over bluetooth could have any impact on how charged the car believes your fob battery is. It's not like the wireless transmission between the two could interfere with each other because the fob is transmitting radio, not bluetooth, which is what you're phone is transmitting. If it is indeed caused by the phone being paired with the car, it has to be some sort of bug with the software running in the car that is causing it.
Originally Posted by g37mke
I do not know for sure but the common theme here is the Galaxy S5 which has NFC (Near Field Communication). NFC is based on RFID standards so it could be that the S5's NFC signals are interfering with the RF communication between the car and the key fobs.