Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

A good experience at the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 05:15 PM
Xenolith666

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
A good experience at the dealer

So I dropped the car off at the dealership in Orlando to get the rotors resurfaced again due to the shimmy when braking. It was real bad coming back from the keys this weekend. I also mentioned there was a rattle in the muffler area, perhaps it was a heat shield.

Just got it back, instead of the resurface they replaced the rotors and replaced the entire muffler assembly. Needless to say I'm a happy guy as the car feels and sounds right again. So just a for Orlando Infiniti.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:25 PM
hinomura

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I gotta say I just had a positive experience at the dealership as well 2 days ago. I went in for an oil change (I got the maintenance package) and while I was there I figured I might as well buy a lug nut since I rounded one pretty good and didn't want to chance having it get stuck in the future. The parts guy comes back out with a handful of lug nuts and just says here we have a box of them in the back that are leftover, take 'em and hands me 5 lugs. Hellz yeah!!! Go Nalley Infiniti of Decatur. You guys made my day.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:45 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Good to hear guys! Make sure you fill out those surveys!!
Old 05-31-2012, 05:45 PM
Audi_2_G37x

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess I had a good experience the other day too. Needed a front license plate holder (stupid NJ laws), went to the parts department and they just handed me one for free. Pretty insignificant but I'll take it! Flemington Infiniti. I didn't even buy my car from them
Old 05-31-2012, 05:52 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Not all dealerships are bad, boils down to the mentality of the managers and/or owners.

BTW .... there is a TSB for the rotor out of round, some sort of heat shield needed to reduce heat (or something like that).
Old 06-01-2012, 02:57 AM
jon23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Xenolith666, if you refer to the dealership at Millenia, you are correct, they are GOOD. They treat you well and get things done. My local dealer in MLB stinks. They replaced my steering wheel for the scratches and all that, which was nice, but when they re-installed it they put it back on crooked. I took it back 3 times and they couldn't fix it. I had read about this known issue here at the forums, so I told them to check the steering wheel the very first time I saw it crooked...they looked at me as if I had asked them to repaint the car in order to fix my radio or something! So, tired of their approach, I took it to Orlando. They test-drove it and immediately they noticed the wheel crooked and FIXED it. They aligned it for free too. And they also replaced my muffler while they were at it. And they also gave my family and I a ride to the mall so we wouldn't get bored at the already nice-looking dealership, and picked us up when the car was ready. THAT is called good Customer Service.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:11 AM
DashKid
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah. Stealerships aren't always mean or bad, it's just once your warranty is up they will charge you a arm and a leg for the repairs. =P.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Xenolith666

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Jon23, yea ditto, they had actually ran out of loaner cars and gave me a lift to work and picked me up when the car was done. And yes it was the one at Millenia.

On a side note, I've noticed that the brakes have stopped squealing when braking in reverse. So an added bonus!
Old 06-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Tonewheel

+1 for the dealerships.

I've driven Infinitis since 1998 and have had great experiences with both dealership service departments I've bought from.

Shout out to Major Infiniti in Kansas City (who also hand wash the cars after service(, and Infiniti of Lisle in Lisle, IL. Always fixed the few problems I've had on the initial visit, always loaners, and my salesman (who I now know well) picked me up at home to bring me in to take delivery of my latest new car.

It sure contrasts with so many other brands. My sister-in-law went shopping last month for a Mazda SUV. She walked out of the first dealership when she was addressed as "sweetie" by the salesjerk.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:00 PM
defeated

I've only been a couple of times, but Sewell of Houston has always done more than right by me. They treated me like a queen when I took my G with Carmax badges and temp tags still on it and asked them to vet it before I finalized the sale. In retrospect, a shadier dealership could have made something up and suggested I return the car tout de suite and come back and buy from them, but they gave me a clean bill of health, no sweat. I'm always surprised by some of the horror stories I've read of Infiniti service departments; Sewell's set the bar as far as I'm concerned. I came away after my first visit thinking that must be the standard for an Infiniti garage vs GM, but maybe not.

I can't help but wonder if my usual old rule of thumb holds true now - in my GM days, I either loved the service department, or loved the sales, no dealership had awesome sales AND awesome service/parts.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:30 PM
lier200a

I never thought about how important service departments are until I moved to another city and got work done. I bought my Infiniti at Dilawri Infiniti/Nissan in Regina and there service department is amazing!! Any complaints I have is address for FREE regardless if its under warranty or not. Even tire swap is free. I only pay for maintenance. If they run out of loaners, they will give you a car from the lot (if you need a vehicle for the day). They just consider it a "test drive". If you come back because the issue wasn't resolved, they give you a free oil change.

Moved to Calgary and found out they charged you for EVERYTHING and their maintenance prices are much higher... Their customer service is nice probably because they have 4 guys sitting around with nothing to do (Regina only had 2 guys).

So definitely Kudos to Regina's Dilawri Infiniti!
Old 06-04-2012, 07:38 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Lending out brand new cars when loaners runs out is kind of odd. When all of our loaners out, we shuttle or if thats not possible or they need a vehicle, whatever the reason may be, we get enterprise to come bring them a car. Only trouble with that is the 10 minute wait, but its nothing too terrible.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:27 PM
lier200a

Originally Posted by TwoThree
Lending out brand new cars when loaners runs out is kind of odd. When all of our loaners out, we shuttle or if thats not possible or they need a vehicle, whatever the reason may be, we get enterprise to come bring them a car. Only trouble with that is the 10 minute wait, but its nothing too terrible.
Well, I'm not complaining. I had to get the roof leak fix for the convertible and needed to wait for the parts to come in. They gave me a G37 sedan from the lot. A few days later, they called me to bring it back and trade for another because apparently they sold it... I thought that was odd. But then again, the people who bought it would've only seen like 50km and would figure it was still brand new.

They do shuttle too if you don't need a car for the day (ie, work or school) but if you have errands to run or other people to drive and such, they do their best to accommodate.

I know in Calgary, they gave me rental when they fried my ECU and took them 30 days to get it in. Went from a G37 convertible to Ford...
Old 06-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Exigent

Nothing but good experiences at mine. Took my car for an oil change and tire rotation this week. They charge me for the oil change and tire rotation/balance (which is $30 more). When I saw the invoice I simply said 'I only asked for the rotation,' the guy says 'ok no problem' and adjusted it.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Exigent

Originally Posted by TwoThree
ours does enterprise also. they gave me a durango to drive to my office 1 mile away