G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Next time you think about spending 45-50k on a G37, don't forget...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 04:45 PM
XCoop

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
thanks for the link, now I can have my GT-R and save a quarter million dollars.

I've heard the carbon fiber driveshaft breaks, what would that cost?

As fun as it would be to drive, the maintenance and insurance would be astronomical. It's a nice thought, but not practical whatsoever.

I'm in the used market anyway, and my two year old G cost $26,250. Let's see a supercar go for that.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:03 PM
DashKid
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by XCoop
thanks for the link, now I can have my GT-R and save a quarter million dollars.

I've heard the carbon fiber driveshaft breaks, what would that cost?

As fun as it would be to drive, the maintenance and insurance would be astronomical. It's a nice thought, but not practical whatsoever.

I'm in the used market anyway, and my two year old G cost $26,250. Let's see a supercar go for that.
Sure got for a used NSX. =).
Old 06-15-2012, 06:32 PM
AnJing408

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tazicon
68,000 miles, no way in hell would I take that over a new car. Around 70k is when I get rid of mine.
that is just plain stupid and waste of money. I don't even consider buying a car until they reach around at least 65k miles....that way i won't loose too much money when i decide to sell it at around 100k. I wouldn't even consider buying a brand new car even if i was filthy rich and have tons of money to burn.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:12 AM
blackvr4tt

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by rabbit
I was at the Nissan dealer the other day and the guy I was talking to about the GT-R said a brake job is 6k.... I would consider that truly expensive.
If someone even considers paying 6k for a brake job, they should have their head examined!
Old 06-17-2012, 02:42 AM
blackvr4tt

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DashKid
No sir. Why would you do that? For 50K get a M Tree, used c63 amg or wait till they officially release the next gen G. Just hope they put a twin turbo for the IPL series for the G for about 50k. =).
I'm surprised at many of the responses. I would take a used GT-R hands down over a G. I love my car but they're not even in the same league. A GT-R is a supercar platform that will lap Nurburgring in 7:30, faster than a Porsche 911 Turbo....that's serious performance!

In terms of the cost of mods, all you need is an intake, exhaust, and a tune and you're over 600hp! If you did want to spend more money, you always have the option to upgrade turbos, fuel, intercooler, etc later.

For maintenance, keep in mind you're buying very reliable japanese engineering. Very solid engine and transmission. Stay away from the dealer and your general maintenance will be fairly reasonable.

A few posts mentioned the wear and tear off using launch control. I agree, the good news is the 2012 cars only allow 4 launches in a row (now called 'R Mode Start') before the car forces you to cool down the transmission. So you'll have to wait a few years for the prices of these cars to drop, but you'll have peace of mind the transmission is likely in better condition.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:45 AM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
^ what? Why can you only launch 4 times in a row, what if you're having fun at a 1/4th track.
How long do you need to wait before the car can race again???
Old 06-17-2012, 04:42 PM
Wyldfyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by blackvr4tt
I'm surprised at many of the responses. I would take a used GT-R hands down over a G. I love my car but they're not even in the same league. A GT-R is a supercar platform that will lap Nurburgring in 7:30, faster than a Porsche 911 Turbo....that's serious performance!

In terms of the cost of mods, all you need is an intake, exhaust, and a tune and you're over 600hp! If you did want to spend more money, you always have the option to upgrade turbos, fuel, intercooler, etc later.

For maintenance, keep in mind you're buying very reliable japanese engineering. Very solid engine and transmission. Stay away from the dealer and your general maintenance will be fairly reasonable.

A few posts mentioned the wear and tear off using launch control. I agree, the good news is the 2012 cars only allow 4 launches in a row (now called 'R Mode Start') before the car forces you to cool down the transmission. So you'll have to wait a few years for the prices of these cars to drop, but you'll have peace of mind the transmission is likely in better condition.
FINALLY!!! A man after my own heart. I just stopped posting after a while because CLEARLY G37 drivers (at least some on this site) aren't typically the kind of "car guys" that I'm used to being around. People are talking about taking a car to the DEALER for a BRAKE JOB. SMH.

To each his/her own of course.