Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Car beeping

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Sarah Brown

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car beeping

I am new to my 08 G37S and am wondering why the car beeps every time I shut it off and get out. Although occassionaly it doesn't. Can anyone shed some light onto this?
Old 05-08-2012, 02:05 PM
reVx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you manually unlock the doors before you turn off the car, I've noticed it does it. Also when you leave the keys in the key holder (bottom left of steering column) after you turn your car off and open the doors it will do it as well. It's basically making sure you don't leave your keys in the car or keep it unlocked on accident.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:28 PM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
If your headlights are on and you turn off the car, it will beep at you as well, but will stop once you close the door and the light turns off.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:05 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
I've noticed if you open the door too quickly after shutting it off it will beep. Wait a second or two until it all powers down and locks the steering before opening the door (and take the key with you).
Old 05-08-2012, 09:41 PM
hywel

Originally Posted by Sarah Brown
I am new to my 08 G37S and am wondering why the car beeps every time I shut it off and get out. Although occassionaly it doesn't. Can anyone shed some light onto this?
Mine does the same thing too and I'm damned if I can figure out why! I'll check out the waiting thing...thanks for asking, glad I'm not on my own!
Old 05-08-2012, 10:07 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
Does the steering even lock on the manual cars?
Old 05-08-2012, 10:27 PM
SkylineAWD

Originally Posted by Jsolo
Does the steering even lock on the manual cars?
It can, because mine has done it.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:53 AM
jesse550

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I believe if your headlights are on auto and you open the door it assumes they are "on" and beeps until you get out and shut the door. I'll do some experimenting and comment back on this.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Mayu

Correct, if you have something ON, you will get an alarm.

However, if the OP is certain that nothing is ON, I too have experience this and was unsure to cause until a recent issue of Car and Driver had an article on "Why your Car Does that".

For theft reasons, the IIHS mandated anytime the driver opens the Drivers door with the keys in the ignition an alarm must sound. This obviously does not apply to Push Button ignition systems, however the IIHS has not revised this law and manufacturers must have an alarm. So, with Push Button equipped vihicles, if you open the drivers door and then turn OFF the ignition, the alarm will sound. I have tested this on both my G and IS both with Push Button. If I shut the ignition OFF then open the door, no alarm. Open the Door then shut her down, Alarm... voila.

C&D does not explicitly state this in their article, I am reading between lines here... anyone can correct me.

Cheers.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:02 PM
jmueller

Also, if you are working on your car, and the beeping is driving you crazy, try closing the door and opening it again. The beeping will stop.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:48 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Mayu

However, if the OP is certain that nothing is ON, I too have experience this and was unsure to cause until a recent issue of Car and Driver had an article on "Why your Car Does that".

For theft reasons, the IIHS mandated anytime the driver opens the Drivers door with the keys in the ignition an alarm must sound. This obviously does not apply to Push Button ignition systems, however the IIHS has not revised this law and manufacturers must have an alarm. So, with Push Button equipped vihicles, if you open the drivers door and then turn OFF the ignition, the alarm will sound. I have tested this on both my G and IS both with Push Button. If I shut the ignition OFF then open the door, no alarm. Open the Door then shut her down, Alarm... voila.

C&D does not explicitly state this in their article, I am reading between lines here... anyone can correct me.

Cheers.
If you shut the car off and open the door as things are winding down it will sound, if you wait a second or two for everything to completely shut down it won't sound. There is a fine line between the time you push the ignition button and the time everything is truely off.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:33 PM
DashKid
Banned

Originally Posted by Mayu

Cheers.
That is correct. Totally forgot about that, if you turn off the car with the door open it will start beeping so that you won't forget your keys in your car.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:17 PM
G37S-OONER
Banned

Chicks man......
Old 05-09-2012, 05:37 PM
DashKid
Banned

Originally Posted by G37S-OONER
Chicks man......
I don't know man. The OP has been asking some weird azz questions and that's all she did was ask questions. Not posts no thing and my gut feeling is telling me this might be a dude just acting like a girl. AKA troller like you sooner .
Old 05-09-2012, 06:07 PM
G37S-OONER
Banned

Originally Posted by DashKid
I don't know man. The OP has been asking some weird azz questions and that's all she did was ask questions. Not posts no thing and my gut feeling is telling me this might be a dude just acting like a girl. AKA troller like you sooner .

Quick Reply: Car beeping