G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Hello guys! Looking to purchase a G37-S coupe! (Need your help!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 09:30 AM
RaphTheTurtle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G37SBS
i'm not talking about the navigation itself but the whole screen is HD.. that's the screen that you will be looking at the whole time while you are in the car.
Wait...you don't look at..the road?
Old 04-26-2012, 09:32 AM
RaphTheTurtle

I wouldn't plan on doing that many performance mods on the car. Unlike your old WRX, to get serious gains you have to go FI, which is quite pricey.

On the other hand..the Bose system sounds terrible IMO. You'd be better off spending money on a good aftermarket stereo.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:57 AM
DashKid
Banned

My post was kinda short yesterday cause I was on the last minutes on my break and I was packed with work. I will make out a chart for you.

Same
Both have 330hp
Both have similar performance time
(like 0-60 is 5.1 to 5.3 for all models
expect IPL. IPL does it between 4.9 to 5.2)
Both have the center console with the Screen.

Difference
Gears (5AT for 08, 7AT for 09+)
Gas Mileage (26 for 5AT, 27 for 7 AT. But trust me you will not notice the difference.)
Screen on the center console 08's are LCD. 09 + are LED screen.
Seat warmers, 08's have a button 09+ have a dial.

I can go on and on but the biggest difference is if your into tracking your car. 5AT is the way to go. But let me say our G's are not meant to be tracked but that's another whole different subject.

Once again just test drive both. If you want a newer car just get the 09 if you want a car and don't worry about minor differences than get a 08. Like some one said you can get a 08 save money and mod your car.

Oh BTW FYI the G is not going to make easy power like the WRX did.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:00 AM
nbast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The '09 with Nav will have a back up camera. I don't think the '08 without Nav would have the camera.

It seems like a novelty item until you have one. I use mine every day parking at work.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:21 AM
King_Stee

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by G37SBS
i'm not talking about the navigation itself but the whole screen is HD.. that's the screen that you will be looking at the whole time while you are in the car.
Ohhh I gotcha! The screen itself is much clearer and cooler looking...

Originally Posted by jesse550
^^^^^^^^

+1 The screen is the one thing I would change about my car (08) but I'm a huge tech guy, dunno about you; maybe tech isn't so high on your list.

Maybe just shoot for one with the color combos you're looking for regardless of year! Also I love the '11 sport bumper.
I'm not big on tech products although I wouldnt mind having an HD screen...

Originally Posted by DashKid
My post was kinda short yesterday cause I was on the last minutes on my break and I was packed with work. I will make out a chart for you.

Same
Both have 330hp
Both have similar performance time
(like 0-60 is 5.1 to 5.3 for all models
expect IPL. IPL does it between 4.9 to 5.2)
Both have the center console with the Screen.

Difference
Gears (5AT for 08, 7AT for 09+)
Gas Mileage (26 for 5AT, 27 for 7 AT. But trust me you will not notice the difference.)
Screen on the center console 08's are LCD. 09 + are LED screen.
Seat warmers, 08's have a button 09+ have a dial.

I can go on and on but the biggest difference is if your into tracking your car. 5AT is the way to go. But let me say our G's are not meant to be tracked but that's another whole different subject.

Once again just test drive both. If you want a newer car just get the 09 if you want a car and don't worry about minor differences than get a 08. Like some one said you can get a 08 save money and mod your car.

Oh BTW FYI the G is not going to make easy power like the WRX did.
Thanks for the write up man! Yeah Im going to go with the deal that falls in best, whether it's an 08/09/10 I'm going to see who offers me the best out the door prices..

Originally Posted by nbast
The '09 with Nav will have a back up camera. I don't think the '08 without Nav would have the camera.

It seems like a novelty item until you have one. I use mine every day parking at work.
That's good to know.. I really like/need a back up cam since i reverse into my driveway and reverse at work
Old 04-28-2012, 12:23 AM
King_Stee

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RaphTheTurtle
I wouldn't plan on doing that many performance mods on the car. Unlike your old WRX, to get serious gains you have to go FI, which is quite pricey.

On the other hand..the Bose system sounds terrible IMO. You'd be better off spending money on a good aftermarket stereo.
I dont plan on going too out on performance, just an exhaust.. Im aware its not a tuner car on the EVO/WRX level, but I love the luxury that comes with it. Im 25 so I'm kind of over all of that... Plus my brother lets me drive his GTR from time to time so I can enjoy that lol... I'll definitely invest in some pioneer speakers if Im not happy with the Bose..

Im going car shopping this weekend so wish me luck guys!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 02:02 AM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The 7AT will be moore fun to shift with the paddle shifters, but when normal driving tou might get annoyed with the constant gear hunting. If you find an 08 in Ivory Pear the. Get it because that's the only year that color was available. 09+ are moonlight white which is not as nice as IP.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:14 AM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
lol, 2008 and 2009 are basically the same except for washi trim on the door handles and scratch shield paint
Old 04-28-2012, 11:23 AM
betterdayz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have a 2008 and bone stock it ran a 13.7 and has had no problems 37k miles auto love it, great car