Sponsored By:

spoiler wont come off!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 05:47 PM
Himalaya
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
spoiler wont come off!

I have the chrome spoiler. I got the screws out but there are those 2 clips. How do i pop it out? people said to use a screw driver and pry it out, i tried it with tape covered on the screw driver and it sort of scratched my car. not much but just a little. not noticeable unless you try to inspect it. after that scratch, i just stopped.

any help?
Old 02-26-2012, 11:24 PM
OB G

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Don't remember how many screws there were but once you remove them pull the spoiler off from both ends. I think there's some double sided tape on it so you'll need to use a little effort when taking it off.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:36 PM
BlueOut
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Open the trunk take off the liner and there 4 screws to take out then it's all muscle from there, it won't break si just give it a good pull
Old 02-27-2012, 12:11 AM
Himalaya
Registered Member

is it just tape or are there clips too? Its the chrome spoiler. and how do i pull as in what do i use to pull it out? i cant get my fingers in there and i tried using a flathead screw driver but it made a little scratch. I feel like its stuck on really good.

BTW i plasti dipped it black and now i just want to make it glossy black because plasti dip matte catches too much dirt.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:05 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Himalaya
is it just tape or are there clips too? Its the chrome spoiler. and how do i pull as in what do i use to pull it out? i cant get my fingers in there and i tried using a flathead screw driver but it made a little scratch. I feel like its stuck on really good.

BTW i plasti dipped it black and now i just want to make it glossy black because plasti dip matte catches too much dirt.
There is no tape for the chrome spoiler.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:50 AM
OB G

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Just tape around the the edges to prevent scratches. If you can't fit a flat head under there, pick up a panel removal tool similar to: Amazon.com: 5 pc. No-Scratch Tools for Removing Fastener & Molding: Automotive . You can usually pick them up at a local Lowes, Home Depot, or any Autozone, Pepboys, Advance Autoparts...You use the tool at both corners. Once you get it up enough to fit your fingers under there, just it a good tug and it comes off. You won't break it. And if you do, that just gives you a reason to get the spoiler
Old 02-27-2012, 05:30 PM
Himalaya
Registered Member

thanks everyone! I yanked and yanked and yanked and it finally came off!
Old 02-27-2012, 08:53 PM
apexi350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OB G
Just tape around the the edges to prevent scratches. If you can't fit a flat head under there, pick up a panel removal tool similar to: Amazon.com: 5 pc. No-Scratch Tools for Removing Fastener & Molding: Automotive . You can usually pick them up at a local Lowes, Home Depot, or any Autozone, Pepboys, Advance Autoparts...You use the tool at both corners. Once you get it up enough to fit your fingers under there, just it a good tug and it comes off. You won't break it. And if you do, that just gives you a reason to get the spoiler
this is the recommended method from the installation guide for the oem spoiler, on how to remove the chrome piece. tape the edges, and then use flat "removal tool" to push against the trunk.. Makes you worry when pushing it