G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Does Your G37 Instigate Road Rage???

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 11:28 AM
Xenolith666

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I guess you guys are just lucky.. never had anything like this happen in Orlando.. but of course it's mostly tourists down here.. just gotta watch out for them.

I will drive aggressively if I have too.. but I don't just cut people off for no reason like a minivan did today in traffic. I will say that down here I get passed by more minivans going 90 than anything else. Soccer moms got places to be!
Old 02-18-2012, 11:59 AM
ColesAircraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jjasonSU
People don't pull on side and yell at you for no reason.... Im just saying.
I agree. But after that incident I spent all day trying to identify whatever I'd supposedly done to provoke it. Was I too fast? Too slow? But I came up empty. When these things happen with my wife in the car I'll ask her, "Did I do anything to provoke that???" But, no, and believe me she'd tell me if I had!

I remember my M3 getting spat on by a guy on a Harley in Colorado. I was just sitting in the turn-only lane at a stoplight. The guy roared up. Spit! And motored away like he'd just delivered me my mail.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:34 PM
Seraphix

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Lol, what part of orlando is that? you must be on the west side, every civic, g35, and mazda want to race here in the airport area, good to see some orlando guys on here
Old 02-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Xenolith666

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Seraphix
Lol, what part of orlando is that? you must be on the west side, every civic, g35, and mazda want to race here in the airport area, good to see some orlando guys on here
I know what you're talking about there.. if you're near colonial or obt, around the east/west expressway. I work near Universal.. so just lotsa tourists here. But in the more residential areas.. I think Florida is the Civic capitol of the world.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:22 PM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
People will be people (read: obnoxious, annoying, stupid etc.) No matter what you do, what you drive or where you're driving, you will always get some dumb@ss somewhere that doesn't like something about you. It's a fact of life. I don't think it's whether or not you drive a G37. In fact, I actually slow down to admire cars that I think are nice...even when I drove a POS. I think it's more that people are just people.

And one more thing, people that race on the streets are idiots that belong on the receiving end of my boot. People don't understand that you prove NOTHING by out gunning someone at a red light. They also don't understand that a loss of life can easily occur from a stupid person trying to compensate for the size of their manhood. They just need to get over. Make lemonade...or something like that. Just had to get that off my chest. haha
Old 02-18-2012, 02:24 PM
Mysticalism

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ColesAircraft
I never considered the age-appearance factor. I'm 42, but from a distance through tinted windows and my hat . . . I can appear a lot younger.

I suppose it's something of a psychology study.
maybe you should come to vancouver, our car is considered as mid-range in this city. You have 18-19 new driver FOB kids driving lambos and ferraris u definitely will not have your problem here!
Old 02-18-2012, 02:49 PM
GotAir523

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Xenolith666
I know what you're talking about there.. if you're near colonial or obt, around the east/west expressway. I work near Universal.. so just lotsa tourists here. But in the more residential areas.. I think Florida is the Civic capitol of the world.
understatement, come over by the ucf area, and the antagonizing is crazy. having gone from a 95 corolla to a 05 chevy impala, to a tC, to now this, i can definitely see i get messed with more in this car. all the kids see it and i don't know what exactly goes through their head but they feel the need that tbey have to floor it and rev at me at lights or while normally driving around. on the highway around here though its not soo bad, only time i really get messed with is late at night on my way home from work or girlfriends place who lives downtown orlando and its only been by mustangs, vettes, a mazdaspeed3 and a genesis.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:03 PM
ColesAircraft

Originally Posted by Mysticalism
maybe you should come to vancouver, our car is considered as mid-range in this city. You have 18-19 new driver FOB kids driving lambos and ferraris u definitely will not have your problem here!
Yeah, I imagine. Since starting this thread I've been recalling more incidents from back in LA when I had my BMW, and I suppose I was naive to be surprised.

Out there, when my car was stock, it was ignored. As I dumped more money into tricking it out that started to change. By the time I'd dropped an M5 motor in it and had the wheels pushed out under the extended fenders . . . I watched this poor guy on the I-5, in an older M3, get so distracted gazing at my car in traffic that he plowed full-force into the SUV in front of him. And in the end someone torched that car in the parking lot of my work - burned it into the asphalt. Never solved. There was this big pile of glass fibers on the ground after they towed it off, from all the custom body work that otherwise evaporated.

I've been way more conservative with the G37, in part because here in Ohio a car too jazzed-out just doesn't look right - in my opinion. But I have done custom paint work and other mods that obviously are not stock. That probably makes it worse.

I've concluded that trouble is to be expected, but probably won't escalate unless I escalate it. Hopefully, though, there are no arsonists 'round here!
Old 02-18-2012, 04:33 PM
CaptainObvious
Banned

Hi Ron,
You should get a dash cam for your protection and to share some idiots on video with us, it'd be awesome.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:43 PM
ColesAircraft

Originally Posted by CaptainObvious
Hi Ron,
You should get a dash cam for your protection and to share some idiots on video with us, it'd be awesome.
Yeah - if you've got lemons, make lemonaid!
Old 02-18-2012, 06:50 PM
g37 IPL

thought this only happens to me lol
Old 02-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Devildog37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Just today, I drove about 35 min down to Wilmington, NC where I usually don't get messed with much, today was different.
Some 05 stock mustang convertable with three dudes in it tried to race me. Next, an alright looking civic pulled up next to me then gunned it down the road ahead. Finally a newer camaro ss was stopped at a light when i pulled up next to him. He decided to gun it off the line thinking I'll follow...I didn't.
Getting messed with is rare around here, but when it does happen, its usually enlisted Marine's in mustangs or camaros thinking they're hot sht.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:56 PM
ayarj12
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm 17 and I got a 08 G37, bone stock, and people treat me like I'm a punk kid who wants to race all the time. My exhaust is stock, but loud like normal, and people with mustangs or suped up little toyotas think that I want to race them and start taunting me. Whenever I'm on the freeway and I'm approaching someone's tricked out 2001 Subaru, or something like that, at an average speed, they speed ahead a little bit and slow down, then speed ahead a little bit and slow down to taunt me.

I definitely feel you ron. I have the same problems! Coming from a 2002 Lexus RX 300, I had no problems like this at all. Within a week of getting my car, someone tried to race me on the the freeway at 11:45 at night...people are crazy now!

Last edited by ayarj12; 02-18-2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:23 PM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
People seem to believe Infiniti = "Inspired Performance".
Old 02-18-2012, 10:26 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Wow, this thread. never had a problem. I think its the location and what's in the water. I dunno .

Quick Reply: Does Your G37 Instigate Road Rage???