Sponsored By:

My G totaled

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 07:28 PM
used2xb
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Yikes. Scary stuff. Glad OP's okay.

Really is too bad about the car also. Reminds me of when I was a kid, and all my favorite toys ended up being the broken...
Old 04-25-2012, 02:23 AM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 1NEETO
I know you're playing the "women can't drive" joke but I personally know of women that will run circles around most people in this site. The average SUV driving woman you see on the street is by general terms a terrible driver. Now a woman that's into racing and truly cares about driving will hold her own against men. Sure the fastest man will be faster than the fastest woman, but that doesn't mean that women can't hang with the best of them at a track.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:45 AM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike
That's why i used the word most! Mike I'm sure you must've seen quite a few girls that can trade paint with the guys.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:40 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
I just like using that picture, but yes, I've been ran off the track by a woman before... she caught up to me so quickly that I got spooked and flew off at close to 125mph.

Twas quite scary.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:22 PM
King_Stee

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Sucks dude! As long as you're OK! You had such a NICE G37...I just had my Subaru WRX totaled 2 weeks ago as I was struck head on (not at fault) .. and the recovery process was not fun! I will be purchasing my G37-S this week/weekend and looking forward to owning the car..
Old 04-25-2012, 08:48 PM
GTLAW
Banned

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by 1NEETO
I know you're playing the "women can't drive" joke but I personally know of women that will run circles around most people in this site. The average SUV driving woman you see on the street is by general terms a terrible driver. Now a woman that's into racing and truly cares about driving will hold her own against men. Sure the fastest man will be faster than the fastest woman, but that doesn't mean that women can't hang with the best of them at a track.
All the women I have dated can't drive or they some how end up hitting something.

My current new GF, we went and picked out a 2012 off the truck with 3miles on it G37XS 4d. After only 2 weeks she hits a pole parking on the front end!

I live in the D.C VA. MD area and I can't tell you how many bad women drivers are around here. They be on the dam cell phone early in the AM doing 75mph in SUVBus! doing makeup and not even looking was to WTF they are doing!

I have yet to meet a hot Chick! with BMW or Audi that's super clean and can drive her add off.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:32 PM
G37_6MT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Danny, you are too nice!
I am pretty sure she knows that she does not have a case against you! (yet she still has the guts to threaten you? some ppl...)
Another fact is that if she can't afford to have a proper insurance... how can she afford to have a proper lawyer to represent her in court? That's another STRIKE against her.

Personally I would just let insurance handle it all the way (have her pay 22k and you pay zero) after being threatened.
It's just unbelievable that you are trying to help, but yet it's not being appreciated.

If you are not comfortable with that, an alternative is to take the second option but have her reimburse you on the deductible + maybe whatever else she can put on top... maybe an additional 2k to 3k?
The additional 2 or 3k can help you offset possible insurance premium increases... which I am pretty sure WILL happen if you take the second route. The insurance company will NOT eat up the cost without trying at least to get something from you.

To me, if I were her, and I know I have no case against you, and you are willing to opt for the second option... it's easy math! ... Should I pay 22k or 2.5~3.5k? Any person in their right mind would go with the second choice. If she refuse, fine. Try just asking her for $500. If she still refuse? I am sorry to say... then she actually deserves to DIE (because that is just trashy and low-life). The Earth will then be a nicer place to live for everyone else.

Last edited by G37_6MT; 04-25-2012 at 11:18 PM.