Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

HELP! Shell gas station screwed me!

Old 03-16-2011, 09:35 AM
ImStricken
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1NEETO
Knee dragging is always fun but for real, you're wasting your money with race gas. I bet it's making your bike slower.
you know what is making me slower? the 10extra pounds i picked up the past year LOLOL
Old 03-16-2011, 10:01 AM
s2ktoEvo

If you had 500whp turbo, you might be in trouble, as it is

If it bugs you that much, you can buy octane booster at pep boys.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:05 AM
Dimitry6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by csnpsu
I can't believe this is a question, I have never put super in my car. I have put 87 in since the day I bought it and it drive beautiful.
NO RESPECT TO THE CAR AT ALL!!!....i wouldnt have the heart to do that lol
Old 03-16-2011, 10:36 AM
csnpsu

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
Why wouldn't I? It's what the cars require. Just becuase it's not my car doesn't mean I'll treat differently then I would my own.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA

Comments like this are the reason this stupid thread is still going.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:50 AM
ImStricken
Former Sponsor

i love how people think 87 is dirtier or worse quality then 92/93.
92/93 IS 87 + SOME ADDITIVES!!

so with this same mentality, every single one of you runs ester oil too? (BECAUSE YOU WOULDN'T HAVE THE HEART TO USE REGULAR OR SYNTHETIC?)

engines adjust to 87. they dont adjust to oil. so if your going to blow money away at making your car run better- or longer; take to a better quality oil versus being so **** about fuel.
your piston rings, seals, cylinders, the variable valve event and lift, etc will thank you for it.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:08 AM
roots4x

Originally Posted by ImStricken

so with this same mentality, every single one of you runs ester oil too? (BECAUSE YOU WOULDN'T HAVE THE HEART TO USE REGULAR OR SYNTHETIC?)

engines adjust to 87. they dont adjust to oil. so if your going to blow money away at making your car run better- or longer; take to a better quality oil versus being so **** about fuel.
your piston rings, seals, cylinders, the variable valve event and lift, etc will thank you for it.
I don't see how anyone indicates that 87 is dirtier or worse. If you're talking the general public, maybe. However, I think most people here know what the octane rating is. While some fuel companies have a more thorough additive package for their premium fuels, some do not. So there can be an advantage in detergent qualities in premium fuel, though that would not justify the extra cost.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:23 AM
ImStricken
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by roots4x
I don't see how anyone indicates that 87 is dirtier or worse. If you're talking the general public, maybe. However, I think most people here know what the octane rating is. While some fuel companies have a more thorough additive package for their premium fuels, some do not. So there can be an advantage in detergent qualities in premium fuel, though that would not justify the extra cost.
the OPer went into a frantic panic over regular being dispensed into his car- like someone poured sugar down his tank.
this kid called the dealership, he is meeting with the station manager seeking to get financial compensation for any 'damages'. lol- so yes, someone on here does think that 87 is dirty,bad,poor quality, or in other words a 'damaging' fuel.

.... im going to go as far as saying that; he called the dealership, wanting his car towed into the dealership from the station to have the "evil" fuel siphoned out hahahahaha.DOMO
Old 03-16-2011, 11:37 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think most people are suggesting 87 is "dirty or worse" it's just that premium is required as per the manual. Octane rating has to due with the fuel's resistance to pre-detonation not it's quality.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:40 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by csnpsu
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA

Comments like this are the reason this stupid thread is still going.
Not sure why it's funny. Why wouldn't you fill the car with the recommended/required fuel?
Old 03-16-2011, 02:40 PM
y3chen86

the OPer went into a frantic panic over regular being dispensed into his car- like someone poured sugar down his tank.
this kid called the dealership, he is meeting with the station manager seeking to get financial compensation for any 'damages'. lol- so yes, someone on here does think that 87 is dirty,bad,poor quality, or in other words a 'damaging' fuel.

.... im going to go as far as saying that; he called the dealership, wanting his car towed into the dealership from the station to have the "evil" fuel siphoned out hahahahaha.DOMO
It's not the fact that 87 was put in the car. It's the fact that I hit the 91 button, only to have it dispense 87.

How would you feel if you bought a new 2011 G37, only to find out it had a Honda Civic engine swapped in?
Old 03-16-2011, 02:43 PM
csnpsu

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
Not sure why it's funny. Why wouldn't you fill the car with the recommended/required fuel?
Because who cares??? There is nothing wrong with 87, I have put it in every car that i have ever owned. Also, it is a loaner, the 100 other people that drove it before you put 87 in it so all you are doing is wasting your money.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:47 PM
ImStricken
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by y3chen86
It's not the fact that 87 was put in the car. It's the fact that I hit the 91 button, only to have it dispense 87.

How would you feel if you bought a new 2011 G37, only to find out it had a Honda Civic engine swapped in?
wtf are you talking about? what does an engine swap have to do with wrong fuel?

if your so concerned about getting your money back, why call the dealer? why blog about it asking questions about damage to your car?
you know you were more worried about damages, then the cost difference- dont try and play it off now that you realized how silly this big deal was.

oh by the way... i just bought a bag of dorito's and it didnt have enough flavoring on it. i called my DR to see if any damages occurred to my taste buds... and I'm meeting with the quickie-mart store manager tomorrow and bring the situation to light and hope to put Dorito's responsible for any possible damage to my taste buds that may occur from this.

Last edited by ImStricken; 03-16-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:11 PM
y3chen86

wtf are you talking about? what does an engine swap have to do with wrong fuel?

if your so concerned about getting your money back, why call the dealer? why blog about it asking questions about damage to your car?
you know you were more worried about damages, then the cost difference- dont try and play it off now that you realized how silly this big deal was.

oh by the way... i just bought a bag of dorito's and it didnt have enough flavoring on it. i called my DR to see if any damages occurred to my taste buds... and I'm meeting with the quickie-mart store manager tomorrow and bring the situation to light and hope to put Dorito's responsible for any possible damage to my taste buds that may occur from this.
Obviously, principle means nothing to you. Enjoy your flavorless chips.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:18 PM
ImStricken
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by y3chen86
Obviously, principle means nothing to you. Enjoy your flavorless chips.
you can let go of your pearls mam, the threat is over lol...

and principal does mean something to me, i just wont start issues over nothing.
you busted the employee's *****, the manager's *****, involved the dealership(you know they hung up and laughed their a55es off right?) and even blogged about it.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:27 PM
y3chen86

you can let go of your pearls mam, the threat is over lol...

and principal does mean something to me, i just wont start issues over nothing.
you busted the employee's *****, the manager's *****, involved the dealership(you know they hung up and laughed their a55es off right?) and even blogged about it.
Correction: I busted the employee's *****, the manager's *****, AND the district manager's *****? Why? Because I could and they should've taken responsibility for it. A mistake was made (doesn't matter how big or small) and they should be reprimanded for it. Business is business.

Doesn't matter if the dealership people laughed their a55es off. They'll still be the ones kissing my *** if and when I buy another car from them.

Mock me all you will. At the end of the day, I'm the one that got a $50 gas card out of it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP! Shell gas station screwed me!