ImStricken
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any specific years?
Old 03-23-2011, 08:45 PM
Topher9425
Premier Member

Received 122 Likes on 115 Posts
Yep, Mine is peeling aswell.......gotta just get off of my ****, and go to Tampa and drop it off for the day. Need the following fixed on mine under warranty:

Dash correction
Interior trim peeling
steering wheel plastic peeling
Door handles peeling (interior)
Rattling Exhaust
Old 03-23-2011, 10:47 PM
AKG37
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ImStricken
Any specific years?
So far, Infiniti has used the same part and design since the 2007 G sedan and 2008 G coupe, this includes new 2011's.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:04 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by D_S_CUSTOMZ
Yep, Mine is peeling aswell.......gotta just get off of my ****, and go to Tampa and drop it off for the day. Need the following fixed on mine under warranty:

Dash correction
Interior trim peeling
Rattling Exhaust
What do u mean by interior trim peeling?
Old 03-24-2011, 02:01 AM
chasemyaccord

I had mine replaced a little over a year ago after I noticed ticking noises coming from my dash. I didn't have a TSB, but I managed to make a video recording of what I witnessed and after a ride-along with a technician, he managed to identify where the problem was coming from and took apart the dash to apply adhesive to it again. Since then, I haven't heard a single tick noise come from my dash. I think it's a common problem across all G's (at least the earlier models) and as long as you address it appropriately at your dealership, they should take care of you.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:30 AM
audtatious

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by D_S_CUSTOMZ

Dash correction
Interior trim peeling
Rattling Exhaust
Yow...

I've had some light tapping from the dash and will look at the cowl sometime over the next couple weeks. I get more rattles from the passenger side seat belt than anything else.

I have some light peeling and may take my '08 coupe in for it. My '07 sedan has similar issues but the warranty expired a month ago

Anyone successful in getting the cracking drivers seat replaced? The leather looks like azz.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:59 AM
Topher9425
Premier Member

Received 122 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by myk1013
What do u mean by interior trim peeling?
THE BRUSHED ALUMINUM TRIM PIECES....the finish is peeling off of them on the door handles, door trim. And that cheap *** steering wheel bezel, OMG! is there any permanent fix for that thing?
Old 03-24-2011, 10:07 AM
SteveATL

Originally Posted by fastlane45
for those of you with the "Styrofoam/grinding/tapping noise does it sound like this? was it replaced under warranty? i was just at the dealer today for it.. tech made it less noisy by replacing the spiral cable in the steering wheel but its definitely not fixed. should i ask if its possible to get the whole thing replaced under warranty? whole thing is ridiculous the tech took the little covers for the screws off the steering wheel and didnt replace them; one i found on the floor on the passenger side and the other is gone. if i didnt care about the interior i would have got a 370z not an infiniti it really is embarassing. if this keeps up i will never consider another

<IFRAME title="YouTube video player" height=390 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SEyX4b1olyc" frameBorder=0 width=480 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
fastlane45,

that sounds like what I had just experienced. I fixed it myself, however, since I didn't want the dealership to screw something else up. Mine was the windshield cowl on the outside. The plastic-on-glass popping noise, especially during cold temperatures. I have a post on a thread about that here:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/3085228-post184.html

After I did that (it was actually fun to do) I haven't had that noise AT ALL and the car sounds more solid than ever before.

Hope that's your issue and you can get it resolved.
The following users liked this post:
hywel (05-24-2013)
Old 05-22-2013, 08:56 AM
cribbsjy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Reviving this from the dead.

Does anybody know if an official word has come from Infiniti on this dash peeling issue? My 08 has it, and the service department wants to charge me $700 just for the parts to fix it...

Otherwise, has anybody attempted a DIY to fix this issue and succeeded?
Old 05-22-2013, 09:34 AM
YellowJacket

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Mine was recently replaced under warranty on my 09 coupe. However, I was not able to get them to replace the steering wheel bezel that is peeling really bad. The called it "normal wear and tear". yeahhhhh... right.

Cribbsjy, Look in the TSB section of this forum and you will find a reference to the TSB about the peeling instrument cluster pad.

David
Old 05-22-2013, 10:29 AM
BLAIR'N G372012

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by RichG
I know it sounds bootleg but if its peeling bad enough you can get some glue under...glue that bad boy down! i only say this because it seems the solution is to take it to the dealer and have them replace it again, and again,and again. And if not numerous times getting it replaced then you have to deal with a annoying sound you didn't have before, and still have the possibility of the dash popping up again I know superglue is anti "the infiniti way" but it does work
I wouldnt use Glue or anything ... if its under warranty get it replaced... I know from experience that Stealerships see any mods from damage even if its the car not the owner they will void it and no warranty... my chrome spoiler started to peel... I used a small amount of Glue to keep the chrome from lifting... they said since I did that I voided my warranty ...wth! Told the Service manager to kiss my **** walked into parts and ordered the factory lg spoiler and the following week installed and took the chrome one to the manager and left it on his desk....he was p!!ssed told him here's your new paper weight... walked out and used a different Dealership now... anything for a excuse to not fix it...

What a rip!
Old 05-23-2013, 07:29 PM
ciddx

As above, same here. I went to get it fixed almost a year ago and the service manager told me it wasn't covered and would cost almost a grand. I didn't see this thread before going there.

Are they clueless or just don't want to do the repair?
Old 05-24-2013, 02:24 PM
cribbsjy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by YellowJacket
Mine was recently replaced under warranty on my 09 coupe. However, I was not able to get them to replace the steering wheel bezel that is peeling really bad. The called it "normal wear and tear". yeahhhhh... right.

Cribbsjy, Look in the TSB section of this forum and you will find a reference to the TSB about the peeling instrument cluster pad.

David
Jacket, I tried looking in the TSB section and search, but I didn't see any reference to a TSB for the peeling instrument cluster. Think you could hook me up with a link?
Old 05-24-2013, 02:35 PM
GenX~G37S

I have ticking noises coming from my dash as well. The noise seems like its coming from the top of the navi and audio system screen. What could cause this? Should I take it to the dealer or is there a way I can fix it myself?
Old 02-24-2016, 07:04 PM
rctstdroid1
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
here my DIY. by my self https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...rior-dash.html

Quick Reply: Dash Recall