G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Would you buy a G37 again????

Old 10-08-2010, 12:28 AM
robxc80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it all depends on budget for me and what my 4-5 year plan will be at that point. if i was able to drop 50K and didnt have an engagement ring and wedding to plan in the next 5 years, i would've definately picked up the 335 no doubt or stretched myself and waited to pick up the new 535 back in July of this year.

that being said, i forecast family, a home, and fishing trips during the 5 years after my loan on this G is up and i see my "CAR INCOME" staying flat. So I'll probably step into something more like a SUV. Also, who knows what will be out there then.

the G is a great car...but my expectations haven't been met...
Old 10-08-2010, 01:22 AM
Gazan37
Banned

I love my G but I saw this beast the other day named the 335is. Just WOW!

It all depends on my situation when my lease is over and what the 2012/13 Gs are like.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:11 AM
beattyG37

I have been a long time Nissan / Infiniti man and bought my first G37 coupe S (2009) last may. There are minor disappointments like the fragile paint that are a little irritating, but I would definately buy it all over again. It offers a lot of performance, fun, and aesthetics that most others do not, and certainly not in that price range. I have had no issues with my car fortunately (other than when the dealer changed the oil they cracked the drain plug washer causing a slow leak). Have also owned a few BMW's and love them but do not like the maintenance (or cup holders!)
That being said, if Infiniti makes a bad move with the design of the next G, I will not be buying one, and certainly will try to avoid the first year of the new body style.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:30 AM
paulg37

I'd buy one again, especially if Infiniti produces some of their concepts... but I figure they'll introduce a hybrid model when I decide to buy something new again since the price of fuel around here is getting out of hand again.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:17 AM
kacelka

thanks guys
Old 10-16-2010, 10:21 AM
Pgr1990

My next car will not be another g37 I'm leaning more towards German and awd. If the golf r comes to America I would totally get that or if I have enough money I'd get the new s4.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:07 AM
sportsdude512

unless prices or idk something changes its hard to say because the g's competitors are 335i, a4, a5... all these cars equipped equally are not in the same price range at all. the audis and bmw's go for 10k+ more than the g. so i think its really a matter of how much your willing to spend on very comparable cars...
Old 10-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Danny Boy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I feel sorry for those 2008 owners who have experienced problems. There are always problems with the first model year for most if not any cars. Infiniti is no exception as we have learned.

As a 2009 owner I don’t have any issue.
<O</O

I have not own any Audi or BMW recently and therefore can’t offer any first hand experience. My understanding from reading Consumers Report etc is that Infiniti is at the top of the reliability category relative to other brands.

<O</O

While I was waiting for my car being repaired from the deer accident, I looked at Audi A5 and BMW 335ix with comparable equipment. They are both very interesting but the price tags are 15%-20% higher in addition to possible higher long term maintenance costs. I am not convinced that they offer addition value or reliability over the G.
<O</O

BTW I drove a Lexus E350 rental for over a month. That car has no power and goes around corners like a boat. Smooth and quiet I must admit.
<O</O

For the time being I will stay with the G and wait for the next generation and see.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:24 AM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I did buy another G (my first was an 08 6MT) and do not regret it at all. The car is one of the best luxury/sport bargains in the world. It has plenty of power, lots of features, and offers 99% of the BMW driving experience for $10k less. All in all, the G37 has been a great car for me both times.

That being said, I will almost certainly go with a German car next time, if for no other reason than I have never had one before (not counting my '85 325e). I want an E92 M3 so bad I can barely stand it!
Old 10-17-2010, 12:48 PM
hoofhearted

Originally Posted by LuckyLuke
My next car will be Porsche Cayman. If me wife lets me get it..
Great minds think alike. Unfortunately, so do their wives.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:54 PM
JanSolo

If I do luxury performance, I'd get a CTS-V or an AMG C63. Otherwise, if I go strictly performance, I have to admit that I want V8 power so even though it's a completely different class of vehicles, I am leaning towards a Corvette for a daily driver and track toy.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:34 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AndrewDDS
I have not had one single major issue with my G37S 6MT in over two years that I've owned it. That said, I still wouldn't buy another Infiniti. I've just been "underwhelmed" by it at every turn. While it's a damn sexy car, and it's not as common as most of it's competitors, I just think Infiniti needs to sink another $5k into the fit & finish and make a more refined overall product. As someone said before, the G doesn't compete with the 335 or the A5 in quality or cost. But why not? With higher quality interior materials and a little bit of a closer eye to details, it certainly could compete, and maybe even excel, for a similar price. Case in point, the clutch in the 6MT could be so much smoother. How much would that cost? Maybe $1k? It should have been addressed before the car was released.

If Infiniti is content undercutting Audi, BMW, and MB on both price and overall refinement, then that's their brand identity and I respect that. But I personally won't buy another one.

As much as I love my 6MT G37s Coupe for the price, I gotta agree with everything you said here, Andrew. After having owned my G for about 2+ years now, I must say that while I love the vehicle, I definitely see the shortcomings in it that could be attributed to the price undercut versus Audi/BMW. No "major" issues here either, but a handful or so of quality shortcomings, fit & finish shortcomings, and kinks here and there.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Brent72

To answer the OP's question, I did buy another G37s. Just traded my '08 on a 2010 and couldn't be happier. All the minor problems and issues I had with the '08 have been rectified on the new model and I am very impressed with all the improvements Infiniti has made on the car in such a short period of time. Considered an Audi S5 and a BMW M3, but I already have one expensive, high powered German car(Mercedes SL55) and still like the G37's styling better than the Audi or the BMW so I decided to stay with Infiniti.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Sha37

as far as Japanese goes, if you wanna performance car I would go with the 370z the G is refined but not really, still really noisy, but definitely looks better than the 370z, thats why I bought one. I wouldn't buy a G again, I have owned other cars and my 328 coupe felt like it has more torque than our G37s. Not big fan of germans, but nothing to this day really has the feel of BMWs.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:31 PM
silverg37

it really depends i like my car but, i feel like it not as good as a bmw 335 . plus bmw has everything freee

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Would you buy a G37 again????