G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Dings/Scratches/Dents: Which one(s) do you have??

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 07:28 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry Dings/Scratches/Dents: Which one(s) do you have??

I just went to my car during lunch and noticed some rock chips on my hood. Actually, there were four of them, which are very close to each other, almost like in a cat paw formation (highly doubt it was a cat). Anyway, I was just thinking of all the damage on my car...

- Four rock chips on the hood (could've been prevented with a clear bra )
- One medium sized door ding on the passenger's door (paint removed)
- One tiny sized door ding on the passenger's door (paint is OK)
- One scrape mark on the right corner of the rear bumper from dumb valet parking (paint removed)
- Scratches on the right rear quarter panel near the wheel base (don't know where that came from)
- Scratches on the left rear quarter panel near the wheel base (don't know where that came from either)
- Light scratches on the top of my trunk (very noticeable, but no paint removed)

Damn, I feel like my car has taken a beating over the past couple years. I keep it garaged all the time too.

Anyway, I was just wondering what sort of damages everyone else in the G community has. Rant away!
Old 01-28-2010, 07:40 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I just got mine used w/ 11K Miles.

- Noticeable scratches near the passenger door handle.
- Longish hairline one on front bumper, drivers side.
- Some annoying ones on the hood from previous owner carelessness.
- Ding on the INFINITI door trim/sill thing. I'll replace it with a lit one if I ever get around to replacing it.

I'm working on detailing/rubbing it out as I own it. Don't intend to scratch it anymore than it is
Old 01-28-2010, 08:58 PM
G Nack 37s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
some one side swept front and back bumper and a scratch on my passenger side rear mirror which should be able to rub out... taking it to the shop in two weeks..
Old 01-29-2010, 12:19 AM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no dings or dents. scratches yes. but thats why we detail
Old 01-29-2010, 12:25 AM
DaCePtak0n

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
1 Ding - Driver side (half size of a #2 pencil's eraser) - flippin milfs & their Escalades...
Old 01-29-2010, 03:53 AM
Arvig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been very lucky, but only starting into my second month of ownership too..well not even that, second month on Feb 1st. I found one small scratch, not very deep..I wanted to see if the self sealing clear coat worked so I just ignored it for about 3 or 4 days, now can't find it.

Hoping it just stays like that, things that will "heal' on their own and/or buff out easily.

My car before this had a big crease on the passenger side door..came out one day, saw the crease and saw the mirror folded against the side of the car. Either someone slammed a shopping cart into it hard or someone backed into the thing when I was in the store..ugh. But other then that it was fine too.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:27 PM
Xaran

I feel like my G is a rock magnet...........

I dove my M45s over 135,000 with no noticable dings or scratches but my G in about 5 months and 20,000 has 2 rock scratches on the hood (a little higher than a bra would have protected) a windshiels chip, rock chip at rt side at the base of the door and 2 on the splash guards.

I just got a chip repair kit from DR Colorchip on line and am going to try to touch it up using their product this week
Old 01-29-2010, 02:42 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
all the above
Old 01-29-2010, 03:03 PM
Namir
Registered Member

Drove from ohio to virginia. More rock chips than I can count on front bumper. Zero dents zero scratches zero curb rash but I'm over the whole "it has to be perfect" phase.
Its a car; use it, enjoy it, take care of it.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:08 PM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
swirls swirls and more swirl marks even after careful washing. rock chips in 4-5 places very small but still noticeable to my eye, must have happened during one of my high speed runs.