Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2 years with my g-coupe, my thoughts...

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 07:33 PM
zesus-G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 years with my g-coupe, my thoughts...

Hey guys thought I would share a few things about my experience with this car in the last 2 years. I have a Black 08 6mt G37s....leased from Ray Catena Infiniti in Edison NJ.

I just want to say first that leasing this car was a waste of time and money....with that being said I let me then say that I sold my 04 M3 and my 03 350z right before I decided to get the G... I put down what amounted to about 5k (plus 2 rebates I got from infiniti at the time) and was paying $385 a month for my car....not bad at all, car looked classy and drove well. I did not know what car I wanted at the time, so i decided to lease, my fault....

Then a couple months later I began getting the dredded seat bubbles, which in total brought my car back to the dealership for service 5 times before they solved it. Then the car went back because apparently the exhaust needed to be replaced, no problem. A few months after that the seat bottom had to get done again. A few months after that the power window motor went on the drivers side. Following that the floormats had to be replaced because I wore a hole in the driver side...4 weeks later the steering wheel had to be replaced becasue of some cracking issues...Then the windshield started making the crackling noise that everybody gets...then the gas cap broke along with the cord that keeps it attached to the car. Then the low tire pressure lights were coming on....There are a couple other things that I forgot about, but the point is that i expect this from a KIA or HYUNDAI or some other garbage car, not from Infiniti...

Then to top everything off my front tires started experiencing unusual wear, which was reported to the dealership at least four times. Long story short, the tire blew out one night on the Turnpike, i damaged the wheel, and almost crashed... Ray Catena baught me two new front tires because I reported the wear and nobody paid attention to it....now today (10/19/09) I just made an appt. to bring the car back again tomorrow so they can try and fix the windshield noise, the seat bubbling again, and so they can maybe tell me what the knocking sound I have been hearing at idle is....

IMO, this car is garbage.....I feel that both my 1ST GEN MODEL 350z, along with my e46 M3 were both superior to this trash that can plausibly be called a 2 door maxima....Then to make matters worse, Ray Catena was jerking me around with prices on an 09 lease insisting that coupes were rare!!!!!!!!! I was trying to give INFINITI another chance, the 09's were supposedly a bit better, but then a member on here commented on how much I'd came out of the pocket for this POS and I really reconsidered...(thanks man)

So yeah.... on average, my car was back at the dealership almost every 7 weeks or so for some BS throughout the entire 2 year lease...if the dealership was not in between two my companies offices, it would have been a real issue actually getting the car there for the work performed.

I just baught an 08 BMW 335i coupe 6mt, fully loaded to the wall....I should have never even considered infiniti....Again, this is my opinion and my experience with this car so consider your options wisely people...

Last edited by zesus-G; 10-19-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:52 PM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like you had a heap of trouble with your G, In 2.5 years of ownership of my G, I've also had a few problems, but nothing serious. I'd just take my car in for oil change and have them fix most of the problems.

Only main problem I've had with my G were: 1) Both front windows roll up slow and makes creaky noise when cold. 2) Dashboard trim became loose one time. 3) Passenger side heated seat not working properly.

Other than those, I've had a couple more little problems that was replaced, but not a big deal at all. I have about 45k miles on my G right now and couldn't be happier with it.

I think you had a lot of problem with your coupe mainly because it was still new (first year model), and it could have been a lemon. As for you 335i, it had a ton of issue when it first came out, too. Now, lots of the issues have been addressed and that gives 335i great appeals for buyers. I'm sure G37s are improved quite a bit as well over the course of 2 years.

Hope you enjoy the BMW, good luck with it, and I hope you don't face the same problems everyone is experiencing with it.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:57 PM
AndrewDDS

Wow. I'll be dead honest when I say that I'm going on 19 months with my '08 G37S 6MT and I have only had it to the dealership once, and that was to replace the exhaust that everyone else had to replace as well. I'm almost two years and 40,000 miles in and this car has been, by far, the most reliable automobile I have ever owned (and I bought it used!) Maybe you got a lemon?
Old 10-19-2009, 08:03 PM
zesus-G

Thanks guys, I know it sounds bad, but it is exactly what I experienced with this car...I guess you get some good ones, and others get bad ones but in the end, having owed a couple BMW's, I feel as though the quality and workmanship, not to mention the warranty and service contract that was available, is far superior in those cars...again that was my story, thanks for reading.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:07 PM
09G37xCpe

I don't know a whole lot about Jersey lemon law rules...but I bought my 09 x in Jersey today (Flemington) and they did have me sign the NJ Lemon Law disclosure. It almost sounds like you'd have a case with all of the issues you had with this car.

My experience with Infiniti's (over 10 years...still have my 99 G20) is that they are well built and reliable. Of course every manufacturer is going to have its fair share of issues so Infiniti certainly isn't immune to problems.

Sorry for your troubles. I would consider writing a letter to Infiniti directly. I know they usually don't end up anywhere but it may be worth the time spent.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:27 PM
g37rider

I'm going on 17 months and have not had ONE issue. I've owned 2 VWs, 2 Toyotas, 1 Honda, 1 Acura, 3 Chevrolets, 1 Mazda (before Ford bought them). Other than my Honda, this is the only car I've had zero problems with. Best car I've ever owned.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:49 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Congrats and let us know how that BMW holds up
Old 10-19-2009, 09:04 PM
maxipad96

My sentiments on throwing money away with a lease as well. I'll be getting rid of my G once the lease is up too. Thinking serious about a 3 series or an IS350 as well. Good luck! Don't let it wear on you, enjoy the journey.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:12 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
It's interesting how the experience from one owner to the next is different. I've owned my car for about as long as you and the only two issues I have experience are:

-Seat bubble but it really doesn't bother me
-Squeaky break which new aftermarket pad will most likely cure

This is the first car that I purchase for myself and I couldn't be any happier with it. Congrats on the new 335i and I hope you have better luck with the it.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:14 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by maxipad96
My sentiments on throwing money away with a lease as well. I'll be getting rid of my G once the lease is up too. Thinking serious about a 3 series or an IS350 as well. Good luck! Don't let it wear on you, enjoy the journey.
I'd think twice about getting an IS with all the issues Lexus has been having lately.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:30 PM
NotUrG
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good luck with the BMW. Hopefully it isn't in the shop more than your G was.

I've had my car for 21 months and will say that is by far the most reliable car that I have ever had. I have had many Toyota's before this car, all of which have failed worse than my G has. I have had a couple of small issues, but I also own a first model year car too, so the bugs aren't worked out. I'll probably have my G coupe for 4-5 more years- its a great car!
Old 10-19-2009, 09:41 PM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had my car for 2 years 1 month and have had ZERO issues with it (except the ester oil change). I agree that it sounds like you leased a bad one and you are entitled to your opinion(s). G/L with the BMW. Your comment about the G37 being a 2-door Maxima however is stupid.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:18 PM
Rapture37

2009 Infiniti G37 Reliability - Best Cars & Trucks - U.S. News Rankings and Reviews

Old 10-19-2009, 10:18 PM
ratso000
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12 months and 24K miles no issues at all, I have driven this car hard but not abused. Not a lease I own it. Good luck with the BMW
Old 10-20-2009, 12:09 AM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
10 months owning my '09 G37 and not a single issue with it (except for the driver's seat bubble, but I'm going to take it to my dealer whenever I get free time to have it fixed). Other than that, hella reliable and I LOVE my G37. Granted it's not the most prudent car to own, but that's what makes it fun

Good luck with the 335i coupe. I hope you didn't get a BMW lemon (which has been known to happen quite a bit as well). The 335 is the car I had to tear myself away from, but I think Infiniti hit a homerun with the G37 for performance, reliability, and price. Just my $.02.

(I too disagree that this car is FAR from a 2 door Maxima)

Quick Reply: 2 years with my g-coupe, my thoughts...