G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2 years with my g-coupe, my thoughts...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 07:38 PM
zesus-G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually I was mostly ripping STAFF and ****-like MODS on here mostly! No hard feeling though gents...

Last edited by zesus-G; 10-20-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:57 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Didn't know you had a history/rap sheet

I agree that the Euro market in general seems to be a little more mature and classier. The JDM scene seems to attract more of the "ghetto mod" crowd. Probably evolved from the Japanese tuners mentality to today's "fast and the furious". I'm sure a lot of fellow G owners share the same perspective as you about the community.

Speaking of Community, have you guys seen the new show Community on NBC? It's hilarious.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:22 AM
HP_John

I sympathize with you for all the problems you had, but every brand, somewhere out there someone has had a bad experience with. That includes BMW, in fact, more often than not you'll get more problems with a BMW than you would with a Infiniti. I had a Lexus that was unreliable, but I'm not going to judge the whole brand, as I know typically they're very reliable, I just got really unlucky.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:00 PM
kieranlavin

My wife has an 08 and the only issues we had were related to the alarm module when the dealer installed the remote start/alarm. One trip for weird electrical issues and another for the TPMS light on. The car is in storage for the winter now (we had our first snow last week) but we need to bring it back in the spring because the remote start works but won't turn off (it'll try to re-start) and also the tint is bubbling. No major issues and nothing related to Infiniti specifically. To each his own though. Good luck with the new car and fight the need like (most) other 335 owners to be a total douche
Old 10-21-2009, 05:03 PM
333 4 ME

No issues here....even my seats look perfect. Have had my G for almost 2 years and not a single complaint...ok one...soft paint.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:41 PM
chasemyaccord

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
Maybe it's just me, but why is there a slight bit of animosity towards you for sharing your personal experience?
btw I was giving my opinnion on how our G's should have been respected, and not ghetto'd out with headlight Ironman treatments, excessive l.e.d.s, cheap parts, or tinted tail lights.. when i got in trouble on here....

And I was also making fun of all the tarts that took like 50 pics of thier stock cars, posted pics, then oooooohed and aaaaaahed over a stock G....so rediculous...oh and that kid with the red painted front grill!!! OMFG he should still have his car taken and burned in front of him....

I can see how some people may get offended by how he articulates himself.

Like I don't get how tinting your tail lights is ghetto, especially since I've seen so many exotic cars do the same thing, but hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion. Again, good luck with your 335, it's definitely a nice car (I was torn between the two).
Old 10-22-2009, 11:20 AM
4DOORFUN

335i - very nice car. It may have already been said as I don't want to read through the entire thread, but it's very likely you will have HPFP issues (translation to G owners - high pressure fuel pump). These are way too common on the 335i, but the good thing is BMW knows the problem is real and is offering a crazy long warranty on the HPFP.

It's just crazy that BMW can't figure this HPFP issue out. I seriously crossed shopped the 335i. Could not justify the extra $10K for same features and performance I get in my G. Also, I was worried about the HPFP because I know if I had the 335i I would have it tuned which only puts additional stress on the fuel system. I also didn't like the electronic slip differential in 335i. Give me a mechanical one like the M3 gets!
Old 10-22-2009, 12:29 PM
PeterUbers

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry yer g (to the OP) sucked... my 2k2 Acura TL-S sucked as well, but the 2k4 totally redeemed the Acura badge for me.

Some cars are just junk from the factory -- but seems that in the Infiniti line it's pretty rare to have many problems with a G (major problems).

Our G's rattle here and there, but knock on wood have been reliable. They both have fresh warranties so we plan on using them if necessary.

Best of luck with the '08 335ci.. heard some of those had problems too, but i'm sure yours will be money.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:11 PM
jab23

Interesting topic as I'm just about at the end of my 2 year lease myself. Sorry to hear you've had so many issues. The car has been great to me. I have the seat issue (to a minor extent), but it doesn't jump out and bother me. I also have the windshield creaking noise which actually does bother me. It just came back with the cold weather and I probably won't bother to have it fixed at this point. Other than that, I've really enjoyed the car. As always, I'm looking forward to my next one. I went G35c to 330Ci to G37c and now I think I'm going back to BMW. Look forward to to seeing what the G39 looks like in a few years!
Old 10-22-2009, 10:58 PM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've had mine for going on 2 years and 34k miles. I have the seat bubble (which IMO is just normal wear), the exhaust replacement, the HD/nav reflash, rotor replacement (under TSB), the widshield creak (which has yet to be fixed), and thats about it. I've had it to the dealer twice for unscheduled repairs in about 21 months and the dealer (Atlantic Infiniti) has been every bit as courteous and upscale as our Lexus dealer. All in all I have little complaint about Infiniti or my G.

Now if they could just get that windshield creak fixed!
Old 10-23-2009, 08:43 PM
jeffyb

Is anyone having problems with the windshield creak on the 09 model? Just curious to know.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:54 PM
gthal

^^^ I had it... a little silicone spray around the exterior windshield trim and plastic and it's gone. Same thing fixed by 2008.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:19 PM
jjgarrot

I have a 2008 G37S/AT from Infiniti Tustin (SoCal). I had to have the exhaust replaced and I also get the squeaky brakes (the dealer says heat glazing) and maybe a little seat bubbling (gotta see if they'll replace that). Can't really complain about the brakes as I have 41K on the front pads and they still have 7mm left. I replaced the rear pads at juat under 30K miles. I also get some "creaking" from the moon roof when it's closed.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:59 PM
jleddo

I've had the seat issue twice as well. Second time around Infiniti denied the claim. Totally bogus!
Old 10-27-2010, 09:25 AM
zesus-G

hey guys....just dropping back in to see how things are going on give a recap of my experience to date with my 335!!!!!!

Well, Ive put about 20k trouble free miles on my car, just did EBC brakes and hawk pads, wheels, lowering cups in the front, (going with kw-v1's in a month or so) Was running an ecu tune for a little but took it out for regular service, going for the full JB3 tune and all the trinkets like the DP's, intercooler upgrade, diverter valves,exhaust....etc in the spring time....Very Very happy with the car....DO NOT MISS MY G37 at all!!!!! Here's a pick with my VMR wheels, Oem Mtech lip, brakes (if you can see), some reflector blanks, and matte grills.

My hpfp was replaced by that previous owner, but BMW has supposedly "fixed" the problem with upgraded software and pump...I've been good since I took ownership a year ago!!!!! But like most of you guys said, the HPFP is a very real problem....a national recall has just been issued this week for a permanent fix. The "limp" mode or protection function on my car is annoying (if it happens) but it really just prevents user from damaging the car if somthing goes. I got a limp for a temperature sensor on a 105 degree day running hard with my tune and ac blasting.....the tune wasnt related to the limp, so everything was fixed and that was that...no problems since. I really cant explain how much more solid this car is than the G....I would suggest you guys thinking about a 335 to actually go and drive one of the newer 335's or the 335is. Great cars.

I will be probably keeping this car for another year or so only....fortunately for me, I am in a better position career wise and financially as well....so I am shopping for an 08-09 e92 M3, or maybe even a 09 GTR if I come across something. I drove a coworkers GTR a few weeks back and jizzed my pants....lol (kinda miss the Nissans!!!)

Oh yeah, definately havent fallen into the douchebag category as most of the 335 owners so often do.....boy oh boy there are alot of *******'s in that e90post.com forum!!!!!!! Man miss the my350 and myg37 forums!!!!

Take it easy guys, thanks for reading!
Attached Thumbnails 2 years with my g-coupe, my thoughts...-bmw10.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2 years with my g-coupe, my thoughts...