Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G37 Recall?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 04:02 AM
Andyrox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 Recall?

I got a call from infiniti of Cerritos today telling me to bring my car in asap. I bought it about 2-3 weeks ago and he said there has been a recall by infiniti and they have to inspect my car. He said it has to do with the passenger seat and he has no other detailed information. Well, im going to take it in tomorrow and update u guys. if you have any clue what it can be feel free to post.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:08 AM
D-Loc_-

hmm thats like when i got mine...

i hope i don't get this call :/
Old 06-14-2008, 04:46 AM
dannbla
LA G Club

Havn't heard anything like that
do you think it's for the airbag sensor for the passanger side
because when you don't have anybody as a passanger the passanger airbag is turned off
maybe there's a bug in it so when there is a passanger the sensor doesn't engage it
let us know
Old 06-14-2008, 06:48 AM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Yeah, keep us updated.
I bought mine about the same time.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:52 AM
J.Oh

just let us know if its around TSB worthy
Old 06-14-2008, 10:17 AM
notalk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there is a recall for the 2008 EX35 relating to passenger seat software malfunctions which can drain the battery (NHTSA campaign number 08V066000). There are no 2008 G37 recalls.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Pennsylvania-G

Too bad they won't/can't take the passenger seat occupied sensor, and use this to fully enable all the nav and phone book functions while driving. I'd bring mine in tomorrow (Sunday) if they would fix this design flaw. There is no reason my passenger can't program the nav while I drive.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:26 PM
dannbla
LA G Club

Originally Posted by Pennsylvania-G
Too bad they won't/can't take the passenger seat occupied sensor, and use this to fully enable all the nav and phone book functions while driving. I'd bring mine in tomorrow (Sunday) if they would fix this design flaw. There is no reason my passenger can't program the nav while I drive.

maybe they think someone would just put something on the passenger seat that has a little weight to it (books etc.) and use it while driving. I know what you mean though.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:47 AM
Achilles

Originally Posted by Pennsylvania-G
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't make sense to me. BMW does it but Infiniti does not??? How can you claim to compete with the 335i and yet your interior systems fall short?? It's such a shame cause the interior of the BMW is butt ugly but at least the passenger can use the NAV while in motion.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:08 AM
Andyrox

hey guys i went in this morning at 11am and got out at 3 pm! it turns out that there was something wrong with my passenger sensor that they needed to replace even before i bought my car. They sold me the car without realizing that they had to replace a part, so they said come back with an empty gas tank and they will fill it up for me.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:36 PM
dannbla
LA G Club

Originally Posted by Andyrox
hey guys i went in this morning at 11am and got out at 3 pm! it turns out that there was something wrong with my passenger sensor that they needed to replace even before i bought my car. They sold me the car without realizing that they had to replace a part, so they said come back with an empty gas tank and they will fill it up for me.

What exactly was the problem with the sensor
Old 06-15-2008, 07:14 PM
Andyrox

Originally Posted by dannbla
What exactly was the problem with the sensor
they wouldnt tell me, however they will mail me the documents. ill let you guys know.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:58 PM
soldier9599
Registered Member

I never understood why they have those stupid censors. Why is it so bad if your passenger airbags deploy when there is no passenger? I'd rather just have it always deploy rather than take the risk of it malfunctioning and not deploying when someone is in there.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:26 PM
G2Envy

Originally Posted by soldier9599
I never understood why they have those stupid censors. Why is it so bad if your passenger airbags deploy when there is no passenger? I'd rather just have it always deploy rather than take the risk of it malfunctioning and not deploying when someone is in there.
I think it's a safety concern regarding baby seats. If there is a baby seat there you wouldn't want the airbags to deploy.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:43 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by soldier9599
Because if they deploy unnecessarily when they're not needed, it will cost a few thousand bucks to fix when they didn't need to deploy in the first place. The sensors are extremely reliable. If they weren't and they malfunctioned and didn't deploy when they were supposed to they would get sued for a gazillion dollars. They work.

Quick Reply: G37 Recall?