Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

How much will they do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 02:02 PM
G35byteme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much will they do?

I just purchased a new G during the night hours and while i tred to look it over as much as possable its finally not stroming and I found a lot of things that should not be on a new car. I have everything from a couple deep scratches in the paint, to a scratch in the leather, and even factory paint on the rims.

I called the dealer and they said bring it in, but I only notice the scratches at the time. So my question is this, will they just give me some song and dance about how I must have done it, and quick cover up or will they actually try to fix the problems and make it look like new.

What would you expect for a scrape in the leather that cant be oiled out? Replace or is there a fix? Scratch in the paint that cant be rubbed out, repaint or filled? Will factory paint on the rims remove the clearcoat?
Old 12-22-2007, 02:28 PM
G37RacerX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If they sold you a new car with 500 miles on the odometer and you picked it up at night, they should take care of all the defects/damage if you point out the damage you found right after. If they have good customer service they should take care of you. The key word here is should. A scratch that can't be buffed out needs to be repainted.
What do you mean by paint on the rims?
Old 12-22-2007, 03:05 PM
G35byteme

The rims look like they have a factory clear coat on the, but on top of that, there seems to be what looks like pea sized spots of colored paint on them that have been dried on for a long time. Dont want to use a paint thinner because it will eat away at the new clearcoat. Just a few spots but there on several rims. I am assuming it might have happend at the factory.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:18 PM
dmkozak

Originally Posted by G35byteme
The rims look like they have a factory clear coat on the, but on top of that, there seems to be what looks like pea sized spots of colored paint on them that have been dried on for a long time. Dont want to use a paint thinner because it will eat away at the new clearcoat. Just a few spots but there on several rims. I am assuming it might have happend at the factory.
Those spots indicate heavy and light spots on the rim. The factory applies the dots to make it easier to balance the wheels and tires. The dots actually belong on the wheels.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:28 PM
DetroitG37Joe

yeah the pea sized paint spots were on my wheels too, my sport 19's they were blue paint i believe, i knew it was supposed to be on there when i saw that all 4 rims had it...at first when i saw it on one rim i thought i slightly curbed it against a blue painted curb at a gas station or something haha
Old 12-22-2007, 10:24 PM
G35byteme

Really? So all of you have thoses dots? Did any of you try to remove them?
Old 12-22-2007, 10:32 PM
G37RacerX

I removed mine with a plastic tool I have that has different edges, some round, some with more of an edge, like about as sharp as your fingernail in its natural state.
It took a lot of rubbing/scratching but I got it all off without leaving any scratches in the clear coat on the wheel. You can do the same with your fingernail but it'll take longer and possibly hurt...
Old 12-22-2007, 10:33 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

Get another car. that sucks. it will never be the same. fixed paint work sucks. also theyh going to send it to their crap body shop. I would take it elsewhere and send them the bill ro just get another car. Thats BS. i would be pissed.