Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G37 gives me wood

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 06:28 PM
teh slab

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up G37 gives me wood

I've read that getting the dealership to install a spoiler to one of their existing fleet usually isn't a problem.

Anybody have any success getting a dealer to install wood on a sport package or on any car they already had in stock? How about trying this out yourself or with a 3rd party custom shop?

I may be just a few days away from my purchase! Been haggling like crazy all over the country. I'm still trying to decide whether to complete the deal over the phone or to wait until I fly in and complete the deal in person (will have the agreed out the door price with VIN, signed and faxed). Hate to complete any deal without seeing the goods, but on the other hand they kind of have you by the ***** once you've flown there and haven't made plans to get home other than by driving back with a new car.

Old 11-23-2007, 06:31 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
From your title, I was thinking this thread was about something else.

Thank god I was wrong.

Old 11-23-2007, 06:39 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
From your title, I was thinking this thread was about something else.

Thank god I was wrong.

+1... But it does.

I'm sure putting the wood in is possible, but I doubt a dealer would go through the trouble unless you are paying bucks for them to.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:47 PM
teh slab

Hah, I thought the title might draw some folks in quickly!

I think Houssein said he'd do it for a grand. Or maybe he said a custom order would cost a grand over whatever his current internet special on current inventory was (but wood on sport wasn't possible from the factory yet). Anybody follow through with getting wood installed by any means?

I just heard back from one of my several potential buys that the car I've been haggling over has well over 1000 miles on it. That left a bad taste in my mouth. Why would buy new with that kind of mileage on it? Who knows how it was driven? Would that be a deal breaker for you? I think they'll need a serious discount to compete with my other potential buys.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:56 PM
go4gr8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having wood installed was discussed before and we came to the conclusion it would definitely cost to have it done.

Kind of dumb of Infiniti not to have this available in 6MT!!
Old 11-23-2007, 09:11 PM
teh slab

Anybody know of the thread where this was already discussed? Anybody actually have wood installed after market or get their dealer to cooperate?

What do you think of a car being offered as new having over 1000 miles?
Old 11-24-2007, 12:00 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by teh slab
Anybody know of the thread where this was already discussed? Anybody actually have wood installed after market or get their dealer to cooperate?

New car being offered as new with over 1k??? More like a "demo" car and should be sold like that. In addition, I would never own a "demo" car as you know it has been trashed to show prospective buyers the performance. I would stay away. Whatever discount they give would not be worth it.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:24 AM
fcarpio

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by teh slab

Stay away from the "demo". Make sure you pick a car that it is still wrapped, I did.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:13 PM
teh slab

Thanks very much for the feedback. Your wisdom confirms my suspicions. I don't think I even want a discounted car with over 1000 miles on it (in the "new car" price ballpark). I'm having a hard time finding a "still wrapped" car from any dealership with a configuration that I like in stock and is willing to haggle.

One of my other options showed up as having a less than ideal record in their local Better Business Bureau. I'm willing to give them a chance, but I want to cover my a$$ (especially since it would be an out of state purchase). Any tips? I was thinking about paying cash, but maybe I should finance it, so my bank will help defend their collateral.

Last edited by teh slab; 11-24-2007 at 03:17 PM. Reason: removed pg-13 text
Old 11-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by fcarpio
Stay away from the "demo". Make sure you pick a car that it is still wrapped, I did.
+1. I got mine the day it came off the truck.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:08 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Man, I wish I got mine with only 2 miles on it. I had to have mine delivered from another dealership and they said it cost too much to have one car sent here (around $500), so they sent someone to drive it over here. So I got it with 65 miles on it.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:39 PM
cyberjock4hire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got mine with 12 miles and a card signed by someone who test drove it at the factory. I hope he did not beat on it. I have less that 100 miles to go before I hit 1200, then I will open it up and see how well this car can do a burn-out.