G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:
View Poll Results: What are your new car buying plans?
I own a G35, and I'll be getting a G37
12.50%
I own a G35, but am happy with it for now (at least a year)
44.59%
I own a G35, and will be buying a different car
10.47%
I own another car, and will be getting a G37
19.59%
I own another car, and I'm happy with it for now
2.36%
I own another car, and will soon be buying yet another non-G
1.35%
I don't really fit any of these options, but I'm a poll-whore who always has to vote.
9.12%
Voters: 296. You may not vote on this poll

hate it, like it, love it...

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 07:41 PM
likwidfuzion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by eminem
Who says i refering to everyone in the forum or the world population? I was refering to the people who has voted in this poll as in "almost everyone who has voted in this poll do not like the G37."

Once again, before you start calling people idiots, get your facts straight first and stop assuming things.
My point exactly.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:49 PM
RoCkY86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You cant base how a car will sell with such a little poll. Even if this poll had 500 people on it still isnt close to the total population of people buying a car.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:03 PM
vj518

Originally Posted by Gchick35
Yimbie, to the untrained eye, someone who isn't as excited about the G37 as much as you are, those 2 cars do look simular. the side windows looks simular, side view looks simular. It even looks simular to the old G35.

I mean, you probably wet yourself every night staring at the G37 hoping to pick one up as soon as mommy buys you one.

But not every is excited as you are and the G37 is not a pretty car. This is my opinion and I saw a Blue Slate roll by me last sunday. Again, not a pretty sight.

But it does looks nice in black form some of the pictures. In any case, hope you do enjoy the ride and I will be waiting for a review from you.

Will you opinion change after 3+ months? Probably because my feelings changed about the G35 and 3 months. "All the interior noises, poor acceleration, poor gas, etc etc."

Everyone here cracks me up!

I'm a Z owner and of course I thought it was the greatest car when I got it as well. But as Gchick35 put it, your opinion will change in time. I have plenty of rattles, a lot of wind noise, and the interior is subpar. Not to mention the paint easily chips. Despite those things I still love driving it and it still looks great, but perfect? Not even close.

As for the G37, I think its a very nice car...and it is actually very similar to the G35 in a lot of ways, especially some of the exterior lines. And since its so similar with a little performance increase, why get the new one when you have an (almost) paid off G?? There are so many reasons not to get a new G37 if you already have a G35; financial situation (up or down), mods, family, etc....who really cares!?!? Does that mean the car is a failure? No...

And for all of you that say you aren't as excited as when you got your G35, theres an obvious reason. There was nothing like the G35 out when it or the Z came out (especially in that price range). It was basically the resurrection of the Japanese sports car/coupe. I couldn't wait to get my Z, just like some of the new (young) drivers here. If I do get a new car it will be a G37...is it exciting, ya, but not like when I got my Z. It's always somewhat exciting to get something new that you enjoy anyway.

And yes the Altima and G37 have similar profiles...Identical, no...but they are similar enough where the general population may not be able to tell the difference. I just find it funny how people come out full force against or for a car. It's always entertaining to read posts here...lol. Nothing is perfect and to you that do or don't like it, hey, thats your opinion...

pros: Refreshened exterior, new engine, interior, tech features
cons: not the concept, heavy, not as fast as expected and can't beat a 335i

The G37 is still my first choice. The BMW is just plain looking inside and out, despite its great performace. The IS350 doesn't come in manual. A5 and TT are overpriced and their performance is subpar.

Obviously this is all my opinion...but if I do get a new car I will upgrade from my Z to a G37 because of the nicer interior, solid performance, and imo it looks good despite everything.

Ok I'm done ranting...just had to put my .02 in

Anyway, for whatever you guys get (or keep) Good Luck!
Old 08-16-2007, 08:38 PM
Gam3

i think the G37 is a pretty nice car. But after im done with the G35 coupe (havent finished modding lol), which will probably be not for a long time (maybe around 5 years), im going to jump to a different company. Why stay with infiniti? I mean i didnt even care for the company before the G35 coupe came out. The G35c was the perfect car for me since it looked much more advanced than the e46 330ci, way cheaper, better exhaust note Etc etc the list goes on, but next car i think ill be going for is an E92 USED m3, (i went brand new with the g35 coupe) and i think there really is no point to going brand new. But yeah this is, i believe, the last infiniti car ill go with unless the "G39/G41/G69 " is absolutely mind blowing
Old 08-16-2007, 08:39 PM
RoCkY86

Originally Posted by vj518
Everyone here cracks me up!

I'm a Z owner and of course I thought it was the greatest car when I got it as well. But as Gchick35 put it, your opinion will change in time. I have plenty of rattles, a lot of wind noise, and the interior is subpar. Not to mention the paint easily chips. Despite those things I still love driving it and it still looks great, but perfect? Not even close.

As for the G37, I think its a very nice car...and it is actually very similar to the G35 in a lot of ways, especially some of the exterior lines. And since its so similar with a little performance increase, why get the new one when you have an (almost) paid off G?? There are so many reasons not to get a new G37 if you already have a G35; financial situation (up or down), mods, family, etc....who really cares!?!? Does that mean the car is a failure? No...

And for all of you that say you aren't as excited as when you got your G35, theres an obvious reason. There was nothing like the G35 out when it or the Z came out (especially in that price range). It was basically the resurrection of the Japanese sports car/coupe. I couldn't wait to get my Z, just like some of the new (young) drivers here. If I do get a new car it will be a G37...is it exciting, ya, but not like when I got my Z. It's always somewhat exciting to get something new that you enjoy anyway.

And yes the Altima and G37 have similar profiles...Identical, no...but they are similar enough where the general population may not be able to tell the difference. I just find it funny how people come out full force against or for a car. It's always entertaining to read posts here...lol. Nothing is perfect and to you that do or don't like it, hey, thats your opinion...

pros: Refreshened exterior, new engine, interior, tech features
cons: not the concept, heavy, not as fast as expected and can't beat a 335i

The G37 is still my first choice. The BMW is just plain looking inside and out, despite its great performace. The IS350 doesn't come in manual. A5 and TT are overpriced and their performance is subpar.

Obviously this is all my opinion...but if I do get a new car I will upgrade from my Z to a G37 because of the nicer interior, solid performance, and imo it looks good despite everything.

Ok I'm done ranting...just had to put my .02 in

Anyway, for whatever you guys get (or keep) Good Luck!
True if you have a G35 keep it. This car isnt suppose to be get rid of the G35 and hop into a G37. Infiniti is attracting more customers so it can have the upper hand on the segment thats why there promoting there cars to older people and both genders. Im personally trading my G35 in for one but everyone has there opinion. I highly doubt this car will be a failure. I mean all the people that been putting deposit for this car even before it was revealed at the New York auto show.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:28 PM
MissLydia

Sorry, but I saw an Altima coupe the other day and it looks cheap and cheesy and like a high school girl's car. It is VAUGELY similar to the G37 but I don't think they will be mistaken for each other.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:56 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You are the idiot. The purpose of having a poll is so that people can come to a generalization. The poll consists of 7 categories, 1 category has 110 votes while remaining 6 categories average around 19 vote each. If you compare 110 (people who stay with the G35) vs 19 (people in any other category), don't you think it is reasonable to say that almost everyone in this poll do not like the G37.
I am not following your logic whatsoever. The category of the poll that you are referring to that currently has 117 votes is "I own a G35, but am happy with it for now (at least a year)" Just because someone is currently happy with their G35C doesn't automatically mean they don't like the G37. People might be happy with their G35 for a multitude of reasons. Where in the world do you make the correlation that members automatically dislike G37?
Old 08-16-2007, 10:59 PM
stefanzo911

Funny, while people here are calling each other ignorants and idiots, I just returned from the dealership with a full stomach, a couple of free gadgets and a good impression of the G37. I still stick with my 03 for various reasons I won't elaborate on, my point: each individual is entitled to their choices and opinions.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:44 AM
stefanzo911

It's official almost everyone do not like the G37 according to the poll 110 (people who stay with G35) vs 108 (6 categories combined).

This car is a flop. Get the last G35s while you can because Infiniti won't make another cool looking car for a very long time.
Buddy you're jumping to conclusions a little fast - Let's wait and see how many they sell after a year and then revise your judgment. Personally I predict less sales than the original which was a huge hit. The new G is a more complex car: design a tad controversial, exterior looks agressive and interior rather civilized and comfortable. Improvements are significant at all levels. I keep my old G for now and keep a watchful eye on future models.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:04 AM
bostonmerlin

It's official almost everyone do not like the G37 according to the poll 110 (people who stay with G35) vs 108 (6 categories combined).

This car is a flop. Get the last G35s while you can because Infiniti won't make another cool looking car for a very long time.
so let me figure this out.. your posting on a forum about a car you hate.. dont own and dont want to own. Very sad.... though. you did get your 10 seconds of fame.... recess is over.. time to go back to school junior lets let the grown-ups talk now.

Last edited by bostonmerlin; 08-17-2007 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:26 AM
ttrank
TIMMAHH!!

I'm very happy with my car and don't plan to change it.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:52 AM
bostonmerlin

Originally Posted by ttrank
now that's a post i can respect. If i were to still own my g35 coupe i'd probably stick with it...
Old 08-17-2007, 12:13 PM
stefanzo911

Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
so let me figure this out.. your posting on a forum about a car you hate.. dont own and dont want to own. Very sad.... though. you did get your 10 seconds of fame.... recess is over.. time to go back to school junior lets let the grown-ups talk now.

Hey bud,
Do you have more pics like that one? That chick is really fit man!
I think she's my type!
Do you have her number?
Old 08-17-2007, 12:15 PM
RBull

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
I am not following your logic whatsoever. The category of the poll that you are referring to that currently has 117 votes is "I own a G35, but am happy with it for now (at least a year)" Just because someone is currently happy with their G35C doesn't automatically mean they don't like the G37. People might be happy with their G35 for a multitude of reasons. Where in the world do you make the correlation that members automatically dislike G37?
+1.

There isn't any logic to follow.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:20 PM
speedraver
wassupMyNinjas! (^_^)

Originally Posted by ttrank
Please don't change it.... I'm happy with your car too!

Nice ride!

Quick Reply: hate it, like it, love it...