G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

We all knew this thread was coming....

Old 06-26-2007, 01:12 PM
mantisG35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
people think about this.
at first this car had to do some serious grow-up-on-me BS, then it has to go thru some serious weight reduction. this car is just not right for us. it's "the" car. that's it!
there's a huge difference between looking at a car and going 'i want it' and 'let's see what i can do to make it more like the car i wanna drive'.

for instance i was at a bmw dealer last night, and i looked at the Z4 coupe. as soon as i laid eyes on it i said that's sexy. i'd like to be in that car. it's like a completely different feeling from what we're trying to do here
Old 06-26-2007, 01:13 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

Pull the huge calipers and rotors and use drum brakes on the front only. No brakes at all in the back...

Use space saver spares on all corners.

fill the tank with 1 gallon of gas and put 4-5 gallon conatiners in the trunk....oh, wait...nevermind.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:21 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by mantisG35
people think about this.
at first this car had to do some serious grow-up-on-me BS, then it has to go thru some serious weight reduction. this car is just not right for us. it's "the" car. that's it!
there's a huge difference between looking at a car and going 'i want it' and 'let's see what i can do to make it more like the car i wanna drive'.

for instance i was at a bmw dealer last night, and i looked at the Z4 coupe. as soon as i laid eyes on it i said that's sexy. i'd like to be in that car. it's like a completely different feeling from what we're trying to do here
Opinion! The car may not be for hardcore enthusiasts... but for the general luxury sport coupe market... it's great. It didn't grow on me at all. I saw the car and said to myself "I want it".

Last edited by Yimbie; 06-26-2007 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:28 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

off topic again! Just when we were having a good time shaving this G down to size!!!
Old 06-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37
off topic again! Just when we were having a good time shaving this G down to size!!!
Sorry... he started it. There has a be a yin and a yang. But anyways... on with the original topic...

I'm personally glad that Infiniti reinforced the doors even though it must add quite a bit of weight. I'd rather compromise performance more than safety because safety is so crucial in any car built today. It just makes me feel better than Infiniti added reinforcement to the doors; I feel safer. Kudos Infiniti!
Old 06-26-2007, 02:02 PM
bostonmerlin

people think about this.

speak 4 yourself.. never group others into your opinion. there are as many reasons to like or dislike a car as there are people in the world. if the z4 fits you.. go buy it then. If i didnt like the g37 i wouldnt be hanging around this forum all day.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:03 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
zactly.. speak 4 yourself.. never group others into your opinion... there are as many reasons to like or dislike a car as there are people in the world.
Thanks BM, you said exactly what I was thinking. No one should ever try to speak for a group.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:23 PM
mantisG35

okay i shouldnt speak for everybody but at least the majority did or still do have a problem with the G37 and almost forcing themselves to like it in a way or another.
im just saying be open minded and look for what YOU want, not for what infiniti wants you to have
Old 06-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

okay i shouldnt speak for everybody but at least the majority did or still do have a problem with the G37 and almost forcing themselves to like it in a way or another.
im just saying be open minded and look for what YOU want, not for what infiniti wants you to have
Who's the majority? The people on G35driver.com? lol. We're only a small %. Infiniti isn't forcing you to want something.... I don't get it. I know there are many people who are almost forcing themselves to dislike it in a way or another.

Why are you hanging around here anyways? Please help me understand... you seem to dislike the G37 so much... then don't buy it or even look at it. It's easy as that, look for a different car. Whining about a car that wont change doesn't help you with your car buying purchase. Are you hoping that magically some car magazine will come up with 5.0 second and 13.5 numbers?

Last edited by Yimbie; 06-26-2007 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:57 PM
skaterbasist

Eh, it is what it is. If the buyer doesnt feel content with ~3650 lb of weight, then maybe he should look another way.

Old 06-26-2007, 02:59 PM
mantisG35

Originally Posted by Yimbie
Who's the majority? The people on G35driver.com? lol. We're only a small %. Infiniti isn't forcing you to want something.... I don't get it. I know there are many people who are almost forcing themselves to dislike it in a way or another.

Why are you hanging around here anyways? Please help me understand... you seem to dislike the G37 so much... then don't buy it or even look at it. It's easy as that, look for a different car. Whining about a car that wont change doesn't help you with your car buying purchase. Are you hoping that magically some car magazine will come up with 5.0 second and 13.5 numbers?
are you like reading my mind?!
Old 06-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

are you like reading my mind?!
I dunno... am I? Anyways... I think the 5.0 and 13.5 numbers aren't possible with the current reviews in. You could always modify the G37... why not just do that?
Old 06-26-2007, 03:11 PM
trebien

First, it's a free country and people can express their opinion, be it positive or negative. And these are all valid points.

Secondly, discussing or pointing out the issues with the vehicle that people are considering helps give market research to Infiniti and let them know what consumers are thinking - you bet your azz they peruse these forums for insight.

Third, I agree... it's too heavy. And I want Infiniti to now that I feel this way, and that it's deterring my decision not to purchase a G37. Sure, it's a great value... but looks like it's getting too heavy and soft for my tastes... I was the core demographic for Infiniti for the previous gen G35.... and now they are losing a potential customer and should know why.

Fourth, from a logical perspective, I really don't understand why they could not have engineered this vehicle to be substantially lighter... at least 100 pounds... and why they didn't. Handling, acceleration, braking and fuel economy would have all benefitted. Seriously, if BMW can make the 335i 100+ pounds lighter, while stuffing 2 turbos, intercoolers and plumbing into it... then Infiniti should have been able to at least keep it around 3500 pounds. I've always been a big fan of Infiniti's engineering prowess in different areas... but really feel let down with this model. It's like they went all "Chrysler" and instead of engineering the vehicle better, just threw more power at it to compensate for the increased weight. Can't wait for the next even heavier G model... probably with a "hemi" but still running ~14 in the quarter. Shame.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:16 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Yimbie
I dunno... am I? Anyways... I think the 5.0 and 13.5 numbers aren't possible with the current reviews in. You could always modify the G37... why not just do that?
You can't try and talk someone into buying a car they don't love, it would be like someone trying to talk me into buying a G35, it's not going to happen. Everyone has to make their own decision. Not everyone will like the next generation of a car, but everyone has the choice to move on to another auto maker.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:36 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37
Pull the spare. Buy a can of fix-a-flat?
fix-a-flat is not good.. It will cause vibrations when you drive at certain speeds because the excess will bounce around inside of the tire. Only use fix-a-flat when absolutely necessary and ther are no other options.

edit- ok so perhaps you weren't serious LOL but just in case

Last edited by KAHBOOM; 06-26-2007 at 03:45 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: We all knew this thread was coming....