Retirement

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 10:02 AM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

Received 169 Likes on 151 Posts
Yep, I'm still 30 years away from retirement and definitely glad we bought a vert last week.
Same observations as yours - no trunk whatsoever. Handles very good for a stock car. And it's relatively quick, considering the added weight over the coupe.
I have a 2012 - bluetooth audio is far from perfect, but it works. Also, I'm not hearing any rattles from the roof. Read a few things about the car not being very quiet with the roof up, but it's definitely not the case. It's not a luxury sedan by any means, but it's amazing how much different a hard top makes vs the cloth one!

Did the car come with the rear seat cover? I saw the holes on the sides and was curious what that's for. If you bought it yourself, can you post a link? Since the back seat is pretty useless, I'm still debating on what I want to do with it.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:49 PM
Melfus Rufus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Photo of mesh wind break and seat cover

Here is a photo of the mesh wind break and seat cover. That's exactly what the holes in the sides of the rear seat area are for. The whole mechanism snaps in and out.
Attached Thumbnails Retirement-screeng37.jpeg  
The following users liked this post:
kiseliok (09-06-2016)
Old 09-05-2016, 11:51 PM
Melfus Rufus

I'll have to have the trunk checked. It kind of has a slight clunking noise if I hit a small bump in the road!
Old 09-06-2016, 07:31 AM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

Received 169 Likes on 151 Posts
Thanks for posting the pic!
Does it make a noticeable difference when driving? (I guess you wouldn't know until you drove without it..)
It's definitely a rare item so I'll have to keep a lookout for one (without paying $500+ to a dealer).

The potential roof issues is a major reason why we sprung for the extended warranty and since you have one as well - just take it in and see what they say.
Seeing how many moving pieces there are in the trunk when the roof is folded, I'm not touching it unless I absolutely have to.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:47 AM
Melfus Rufus

Wind Noise

I think it does make a difference with wind noise, but ultimately it will be a matter of preference. The portion that is standing up is not locked into place, and if a wind gust hits it, it will fold down toward the back, and you simply pull it back up in place. It does make a small difference when this screen is not upright.
I am not sure how the wind sounds without this mechanism in place because I have always used it.
Plus, I think it looks nice.