WOW how neat!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 11:49 PM
jbosey

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW how neat!

After much wringing of hands and studying on the internet, I just paid for, picked up and installed my OEM convertible windscreen. It was like prying the cash out of my hand to do this, but I am so glad that I did! Im sure most of you already have one, but my new-to-me, 2009 G37S convertible did not have one. What a huge improvement and it actually looks sharp in my estimation. I did not know what those holes in the back seat area were for until I started figuring out how this thing fits in there. The wife LOVES it, we went for a short ride just before sunset and she was so happy I spent the money.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:42 AM
Pnrymmf
Premier Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
it can make a difference. 1 piece of advice dont leave it in the trunk. leave in the back seat or not in the car unless you are going to use it. when i bought my new to me 2013 the top had some scratches on it and a few dents. Also the windscreen was broken in one of the plastic corners. What had happened is the previous owner had placed it in the trunk but not removed the piece that allows the roof to go down. so someone at the dealer or the transport co had put the top down and it basically crushed the windscreen and damaged the top. All was fixed for me but i can easily see that happening if you forget or arent thinking and just try to put the top down. Especially if someone that doesnt normally drive it tries. Concrats and enjoy the screen especially when it gets cooler.
The following users liked this post:
dkmura (05-14-2015)
Old 05-14-2015, 03:21 PM
jbosey

Originally Posted by Pnrymmf
it can make a difference. 1 piece of advice dont leave it in the trunk. leave in the back seat or not in the car unless you are going to use it. when i bought my new to me 2013 the top had some scratches on it and a few dents. Also the windscreen was broken in one of the plastic corners. What had happened is the previous owner had placed it in the trunk but not removed the piece that allows the roof to go down. so someone at the dealer or the transport co had put the top down and it basically crushed the windscreen and damaged the top. All was fixed for me but i can easily see that happening if you forget or arent thinking and just try to put the top down. Especially if someone that doesnt normally drive it tries. Concrats and enjoy the screen especially when it gets cooler.

We decided last night to leave it in position and ready for use (this is our me and her car...no one in the back seat). My wife's hair blows forward and the wind dries her eyes out on a hot day without this screen even with the windows up. With the screen she has no problems. Her hair does not blow forward but it is still very comfortable in the car, the breeze is perfect. I like the way it covers the back seat and now I can toss my hat under it and no problems with it blowing out. Boy they make a huge profit on it Im sure. I was able to get this one for $424 with a company discount.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:31 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 256 Likes on 228 Posts
No windscreen for me yet I'm still working on power mods. Speaking of which I don't suppose I could talk you guys into visiting the Fast Intentions Group Buy for Verts thread could I? We have 3 guys signed up and need 7 to get the build started. Just think we'd be the only 7 convertible G37's to have a FI CBE!!!
Old 05-15-2015, 02:36 PM
miketyler
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Agreed, I have one in my 2010 G37s convertible and it does improve the experience. I have an extra one for sale in Dallas if anyone is interested
Old 06-27-2015, 10:11 AM
p808

WOW I forgot all about this. My wife hates my car because her hair goes all over the place. This might be the fix! miketyler I'm interested, PMed.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:27 PM
ianphampton
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Can you post up some photos of this, please

Trending Topics

Old 07-17-2015, 12:35 PM
jbosey

Originally Posted by ianphampton
Can you post up some photos of this, please
sorry, I have been really busy lately with work and more work. I will get some pics this weekend and post them.