Where to find details of older models of g37 convertible

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 05:19 AM
Gshockneo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where to find details of older models of g37 convertible

Hi,
This is my first post on forum. I am planning to buy my first car (used) and g37 convertible is on top of my list till now. I had couple of questions on that. Apologies if they have already been discussed. Please bear with my terminologies also as I am very new to cars.

Is there any website where I can compare g37 convertible models of different year like 2009 vs 2010 vs 2012 and so on, both looks and features. I am more concerned with updates to trim shape and any exterior feature that adds to better looks in newer models.

For e.g. 2009 g37 convertible in pacific blue has only 2 air inlet(below badge) at front while in black, it looks more like 2013 models with one big stripe and two side small inlets.

Also in 2010 models, there are two small lights in those small inlets while they are missing in 2009 model.

I might be certainly missing other differences like trim shape etc but I want to know these before I finalize on any model.

Two more general questions.
1. Does top of coupe look more smooth and round compared to same of convertible (with top up). Convertible with top up, looks little deformed from side. Is it only me or general perception?

2. I am mainly getting black/pacific blue/gray in convertibles. Which color do you guys think looks best? My original choice is Lapis blue but I couldn't find any car in that color and new one in that color is out of my budget.

Thanks for responses in advance.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:57 AM
MiG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

cant answer you regarding the inlets, im new also in the G world and waiting for the car i bought to reach my town "hopefully tonight", anyhow, i can help you with your bolded questions :

1. Does top of coupe look more smooth and round compared to same of convertible (with top up). Convertible with top up, looks little deformed from side. Is it only me or general perception?

this was one of my concern before i choose my vert g37, the car have 3-piece retractable hardtop designed to maintain the smoothness of its look and they managed to succeed as to me i think it looks much batter than anyother verts around i've seen.

2. I am mainly getting black/pacific blue/gray in convertibles. Which color do you guys think looks best? My original choice is Lapis blue but I couldn't find any car in that color and new one in that color is out of my budget.

all chosen colors looks great on this car, but i vote for the gray. if you can find one with red interior !!
Old 08-01-2013, 06:23 PM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I am not aware of a site that provides a side by side comparison of the model years but as the first vert owner here, hopefully I can provide some feedback to your specific inquiries. I am sure that if you do enough research and reading on this forum you will be able to (eventually) answer any of your questions. As always, if you have a specific question, the knowledgable folks here will provide input, suggestions and sometimes a little humor too!

The first picture that you posted of the Pacific Blue with 2 inlets is a non-sport model. The sport model is illustrated by the black car. As for the fog lights, they were moved from the main headlight assembly down to the front fascia where they belong. Other notable differences by model year include option configurations, color combinations, trim selection and some minor stereo changes.

Lastly, the best 2009 color is clearly Platinum Graphite (Grey) which was only available until 2010 in the vert - not to mention, it is the fastest color.

Good luck in your quest!
Old 08-01-2013, 08:20 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by bschurr
I am not aware of a site that provides a side by side comparison of the model years but as the first vert owner here, hopefully I can provide some feedback to your specific inquiries. I am sure that if you do enough research and reading on this forum you will be able to (eventually) answer any of your questions. As always, if you have a specific question, the knowledgable folks here will provide input, suggestions and sometimes a little humor too!

The first picture that you posted of the Pacific Blue with 2 inlets is a non-sport model. The sport model is illustrated by the black car. As for the fog lights, they were moved from the main headlight assembly down to the front fascia where they belong. Other notable differences by model year include option configurations, color combinations, trim selection and some minor stereo changes.

Lastly, the best 2009 color is clearly Platinum Graphite (Grey) which was only available until 2010 in the vert - not to mention, it is the fastest color.

Good luck in your quest!
A wrote a very long winded response on the mobile page and lost it, so I will be short and make a few corrections.

-Red is the fastest color.
-some of your questions may be answered in posts about what is new for the model year.
-the difference in the looks is sport and non sport. Sport is 6MT, and there is an option for 7AT with the paddle shifters. Not all colors get all the options.

Please review this post, which gives a break down by year, transmission option and color.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-con...are-combo.html

You can also check this post to see who posted a car for a specific year.
- Fog lights were introduced in a specific year.
- The sport model look from 2009 was redesigned in 2012 I think and the sport look from 2009 is now the non sport look for 2012. So don't get those looks confused.

-Doing a google search for infiniti g convertible and adding the model year should help in your research.

So I just found this walk through video for example. It's a 2012 and has the 2009 sport bumper look, plus the fog lights.

- Sport models will have a big brake kit or infiniti sport brakes.

- In terms of option differences between the years,
2009 had compact flash interface for audio input, 2010 and up has USB.
2009 premium package had automatic wipers, in 2010 and up automatic wipers are in the tech package only.
There were some HDD size changes also between the years, can't remember that detail though.

It would be nice to have all the differences in pics between the years though, but a search can get that for you too.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:15 AM
cereal2k

Here's a good read from the official releases, with infiniti vert official pics.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-con...s-by-year.html
Old 08-04-2013, 02:54 PM
Gshockneo

Thanks all for replies. So I have finally zeroed in on 2009 vert model. I tried searching for 2010 or later models but seems they are not on Sale here in Washington. Here are the two deals I am looking at.

Liquid Platinum:
2009 Infiniti G37 Sport, $30,981, mileage 30000
Black:
2009 Infiniti G37 Sport - $29,980, mileage 36,814

Both of them have navigation, boss speaker system.

Could anybody give suggestions on price? I checked on KBB and their price for excellent condition is around $31000, which is what these dealers are asking. How much should I offer? If I should offer lower price that asked, on what basis, should I back up claim?

Also I read couple of posts saying to wait for Q50 to release and prices for used ones would go down. Would that affect verts also as Q50 is only sedan? Is Q60 vert coming soon? Would that affect pricing?

Thank you.

Last edited by Gshockneo; 08-04-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:01 AM
Gshockneo

Here is an update on my car hunt.

So I went today for checking out the black vert, I mentioned above. This dealer let me test drive the car without asking for insurance. Since this is my first car, I don't have any insurance. On my previous visits to all dealers, they asked for insurance and didn't let me drive the car.

Car drove great. It was really smooth, nice pickup, good steering, great music system. Looked good too. All is good except one concern. When I was driving on non so smooth roads, slopes at speed of 10-15mph, car was making creaking noise. It was probably coming from roof. I told the dealer about it and he said, they can't do anything about it and would sell the car as it is. :|and said that all vert make this noise and use bose to cancel it out.

That sucks so much. I liked the car but I feel, in the long run, it would start annoying me. I have gone through many posts about this issue and seems like this issue is hard to get fixed.

I am going to test drive couple of other verts from other dealer. Just hoping they don't make same sound.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:19 AM
cereal2k

Originally Posted by Gshockneo
Thanks all for replies. So I have finally zeroed in on 2009 vert model. I tried searching for 2010 or later models but seems they are not on Sale here in Washington. Here are the two deals I am looking at.

Liquid Platinum:
2009 Infiniti G37 Sport, $30,981, mileage 30000
Black:
2009 Infiniti G37 Sport - $29,980, mileage 36,814

Both of them have navigation, boss speaker system.

Could anybody give suggestions on price? I checked on KBB and their price for excellent condition is around $31000, which is what these dealers are asking. How much should I offer? If I should offer lower price that asked, on what basis, should I back up claim?

Also I read couple of posts saying to wait for Q50 to release and prices for used ones would go down. Would that affect verts also as Q50 is only sedan? Is Q60 vert coming soon? Would that affect pricing?

Thank you.
Try in the buying and leasing section of the forum. I doubt a sedan release will affect a vert sale price apart from the dealer maybe having more cars on the lot to move.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:21 AM
cereal2k

Originally Posted by Gshockneo
Here is an update on my car hunt.

So I went today for checking out the black vert, I mentioned above. This dealer let me test drive the car without asking for insurance. Since this is my first car, I don't have any insurance. On my previous visits to all dealers, they asked for insurance and didn't let me drive the car.

Car drove great. It was really smooth, nice pickup, good steering, great music system. Looked good too. All is good except one concern. When I was driving on non so smooth roads, slopes at speed of 10-15mph, car was making creaking noise. It was probably coming from roof. I told the dealer about it and he said, they can't do anything about it and would sell the car as it is. :|and said that all vert make this noise and use bose to cancel it out.

That sucks so much. I liked the car but I feel, in the long run, it would start annoying me. I have gone through many posts about this issue and seems like this issue is hard to get fixed.

I am going to test drive couple of other verts from other dealer. Just hoping they don't make same sound.
There are Technical Service Bulletins to address the roof noise. Will it ever go away permanently? probably not. Check with the service department if they will do the TSB and under what warranty limit.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:24 PM
Gshockneo

Originally Posted by cereal2k
There are Technical Service Bulletins to address the roof noise. Will it ever go away permanently? probably not. Check with the service department if they will do the TSB and under what warranty limit.
I contacted them and they are willing to fix creaking noise and couple of other minor things like scratch mark on side, gear stick (not sure how will they fix this). But they are now going to increase the price by $2k.

I will ask them if they are following the TSB. Is there any particular TSB number for that? Also is there a way to make sure they followed it?

Regarding warranty, they said car has 4 years of factory warranty which ends in Feb 2014 and warranty goes with the car, so second owner should also have it.

Even though they are doing this, Guy does not seem very courteous from his emails. So wondering if can suffer after buying the car in future, like maintenance problems etc..
Old 08-07-2013, 04:36 PM
colnajoe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gear stick? If your talking about a lag in the way it shifts, there is a ISB (INFINITIS TSB) that adjusts the trans. I have a platnium '09 sport with nav. Bought it in janurary for 29, 500 with 28, 000 miles. You will have the warranty until feb of 14, but ask about roof adjustment, those are only covered for 1 year, 12 thousand miles. Make sure its covered or repair prior to buying it or it will not be covered (found out the hard way). I love my car, creaks and all. With the top down there are no noises . Make sure to have them lube the weatherstripping in the roof before purchase too, that will keep some of the creaking down, if not gone. It will creak after a rain storm, but that goes away when dry. Go for it, good price, low miles and its still summer!