Possible Replacement for my 2010 G37 Vert

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 05:54 PM
NewGMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possible Replacement for my 2010 G37 Vert

Lease is up shortly and have been looking for a replacement. May have found a decent one:

It's a 2010 also, Turbo Cabriolet PDK. Pretty loaded with everything except ceramic brakes and PVT. Having a PPI done tomorrow and if everything checks out this might be my replacement.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:58 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
There is something about a Porsche that you just can't explain to people. I love mine more everytime I get in it. If you have the opertunity and can do it don't pass it up. Oh and I am still getting used to the PDK but it seems to work really well.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:20 AM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
She's a beauty!
Good luck & I guess I'll see you over on the 911 forums...
Old 04-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Autocutter
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Very awesome car, you will love it fer sure. Many Infiniti owners drive Porsches.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:00 AM
NewGMan

Well no deal on this one. Ran it through a PPI yesterday and the inspection found indications of body damage to the front end that was not documented. Paint thickness tests verified that the front quarters and the hood were repainted. Without any records of the accident no way to tell how extensive the damage was so too risky for me and I passed.

The hunt continues...

B, did I miss you picking up a 911? Looked for you on Rennlist and 6Speedonline and couldn't find you.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:12 PM
cstraley

Corvette?

My wife and I love our convertible (2010 G37S) but next year we will replace it. Infiniti has nothing new to offer in a convertible. We plan on buying the new Corvette, we had a 2006 convertible and it was rough but promising. Our infiniti convertible only has 7k miles, we may wait for the second year of the vette convertible.

Good luck in your hunt, please share the search.

Originally Posted by NewGMan
Well no deal on this one. Ran it through a PPI yesterday and the inspection found indications of body damage to the front end that was not documented. Paint thickness tests verified that the front quarters and the hood were repainted. Without any records of the accident no way to tell how extensive the damage was so too risky for me and I passed.

The hunt continues...

B, did I miss you picking up a 911? Looked for you on Rennlist and 6Speedonline and couldn't find you.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:16 AM
bschurr
Registered Member

I am looking for a similar vehicle but 6 speed and not cab - it will be a track car...
Old 05-02-2013, 11:12 AM
NewGMan

Originally Posted by bschurr
I am looking for a similar vehicle but 6 speed and not cab - it will be a track car...
Just drove a PDK 2010 Turbo coupe last night. Ridiculously fast. When I tested the yellow Cab the owner was with me so I took it really easy, but the Coupe was a dealer car so I could push it a little bit. Actually scared myself a little, cannot believe how fast that car was. I then drove the Tiptronic and it was fast, but definitely more of a feeling of turbo lag, with PDK there was almost none perceptible.

Now that I know I want a PDK car that narrows my search. Found a Black on Black 2011 on LI, but someone bought it last night. Might put an offer in on the coupe I drove last night, but tires were really bad and there was a lot of road noise (assuming it was the tires, but waiting for them to remedy before I put an offer in).

B, What spec are you looking for other than 6 Speed? Year range, other options beyond Sport Chrono? I will keep an eye out as I roam the Porsche dealers in our area.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:19 AM
bschurr
Registered Member

B, What spec are you looking for other than 6 Speed? Year range, other options beyond Sport Chrono? I will keep an eye out as I roam the Porsche dealers in our area.
I am trying to control myself and hold off for the new 2014 (siiiiick) but they have not yet confirmed that it will be available in a manual. If the manual is not an option for 2014 then I will try to find a remaining 2013 but it will be a gamble since they make so few of them to begin with.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:02 PM
NewGMan

Originally Posted by bschurr
I am trying to control myself and hold off for the new 2014 (siiiiick) but they have not yet confirmed that it will be available in a manual. If the manual is not an option for 2014 then I will try to find a remaining 2013 but it will be a gamble since they make so few of them to begin with.
2014 Porsche 911 Turbo and Turbo S debut [w/video]

I think PDK only. Reason I am looking at 2010s is they are depreciated to 60% of original sticker price, but many have 20k or less miles and are in very good condition. Have to take care shopping as you can see from my original choice above though.

Think I may have found a 2010 911 Turbo PDK Coupe:

Just need to make sure they can get the swirls out of the paint, but other than a few stone chips the car is almost perfect. Drives like a rocket.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:09 AM
keraxis

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
nothing but agreement

You should do this. Porsche is one of the only makes that auto makes sense. No gear hunt. A real launch control (i think they launch at 6500 rpm) with a great duel clutch. All this together makes one bad a$$ car.

2014 Porsche 911 Turbo and Turbo S debut [w/video]

I think PDK only. Reason I am looking at 2010s is they are depreciated to 60% of original sticker price, but many have 20k or less miles and are in very good condition. Have to take care shopping as you can see from my original choice above though.

Think I may have found a 2010 911 Turbo PDK Coupe:

Just need to make sure they can get the swirls out of the paint, but other than a few stone chips the car is almost perfect. Drives like a rocket.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:01 PM
NewGMan

Originally Posted by keraxis
You should do this. Porsche is one of the only makes that auto makes sense. No gear hunt. A real launch control (i think they launch at 6500 rpm) with a great duel clutch. All this together makes one bad a$$ car.
Bought it. Made a really good deal (I think...).

You are right about PDK, car drives like nothing I have driven before, absolutely sick fast, but also docile when driving normally.

Launch control is amazing, just make sure you have your head against the seat back when you do it, or it could actually snap your neck. Just put the car in Sport Plus, Push the brake down hard, floor the accelerator and when Launch pops up in the display just release the brake and the car launches.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:32 PM
bschurr
Registered Member

Congrats man.
Looks amazing in pics - we need to connect live so I can drool a little in person.
Drive carefully!
Old 05-05-2013, 04:01 AM
winkerbean

Congrats on the new ride! I'm also looking into Porsche as a G replacement. Glad you could find a newer turbo to meet your needs, I find myself drifting towards the 964 turbo generation but time will tell.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:46 AM
NewGMan

Thanks guys, and sorry to all for turning this into the Porsche Turbo forum...

B, we should definitely meet up, I should have the car this week.

Wink, the 964 is the classic Turbo, love the look.

Quick Reply: Possible Replacement for my 2010 G37 Vert