Top won't move :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 10:55 PM
colnajoe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No I didn't remove anything. When the top slipped into the trunk, it was really in there. Took 3 techs and a consult3 computer to get it back up. I might have been able to get at it by taking the back seat out, but Iwas not gonna do that . I feel its a design flaw. Even when the engine is running, it will slowly drop.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:02 PM
colnajoe

Meanwhile, I've been zipping around in a g25x loaner. That is a small but quick little ride. I do miss my vert.....cant wait to get'r back....
Old 03-22-2013, 05:18 PM
Cyril Lim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by colnajoe
He asked me to post to all vert owners on this forum not to stop the roof mid-way for any reason. A new isb is coming out advising of that.
My service guy at SW Infiniti told me that I could leave it halfway opened to do the silicon grease lubing on the seals. I gave him a "no thanks" look and asked if when I brought the car for oil change and could they do the lubing for me, he said yes. So for now, I would rather not lube those seals myself and just complain to him that the top is squeaky and needs some lubing. This way, if anything goes haywire, it's on the dealership.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:21 PM
colnajoe

Thumbs up

Well just a follow up......All went well with the repairs and she looks great. Since I have put on a set of grounding wires, ordering the supplies and following the directions here in the DIY section. I finally picked up a deflector for a real good price, and I'm ready for the nice weather. Anyone see that VW beetle vert commercial with the guy wearing the facemask in the winter? Well that has been me the last couple days. Lesson learned, do more research on forums like this before jumping into something. Thanks all...