Top won't move :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 01:03 PM
zdubin

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that they aren't covering the cost. I'm not sure what an adjustment is? What are they "adjusting" exactly? Did they blame you for turning the car off with the roof half up?
Old 03-13-2013, 02:27 PM
JerseyG37s

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
its not a stealership if you watch what you say.... if you would have told them you opened the roof and when you did it just slammed into the truck then you wouldnt have had to pay for anything bud.... good luck consumer affairs is hit or miss.... youre underfactory warranty just make a story up thats how you get out of paying for ****... lesson learned keep the car running or have the dealership lube your top
Old 03-13-2013, 02:39 PM
colnajoe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn't give it up, they were familiar with the problem. Never asked if it was running or not. The Tech had seen the problem a few times. When the top dropped against the hydraulics, it gets out of timing. Only way it can happen. The damage occured when it was being towed on the flatbed. I never drove it, and the damage doesn't occur from it just lowering into the trunk area. So Infiniti's roadside assistance tow caused the damage. We shall see.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:42 PM
JerseyG37s

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
then youre going to the wrong dealership brotha.... the infiniti i use here goes to bat for me on every situation i had with my vert before my lease was up... i never had to pay for no bull **** adjustment that sound like a scam...
Old 03-13-2013, 05:56 PM
colnajoe

Well the service manager quoted me ISB12-003A, which has to deal with most problems with the roof. One section claims : "CAUTION: When left in a partially closed position, the hard top could slowly drop which could cause hard top damage." I will save addition comments made IF I loose this case with Infiniti consumer affairs. Fingers are crossed, but not hopeful...

Even though it's still under warranty, they sure treat you differently if you didn't buy it new, or didn't buy it from them...
Old 03-14-2013, 07:59 AM
JohnsVert

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I believe you shouldn't have had to pay anything . If you said the tech said he's seen this problem before , it must be a common thing happening to the convertibles and should be 100 percent covered under warranty. I think the only reason why there charging you is because the story you told them, there using that against you to suck money out of you.its riduclous sometimes how these dealers try and scam their customers out of money.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:15 AM
weird60625

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow, hope everything work out for you OP, update us with the story go along . This is also a lesson learn for us when dealing with the dealer .
Old 03-14-2013, 03:00 PM
colnajoe

Im a truthful guy and I try to take the highroad all the time. Call me Dudley Doright if you must. The story I shared was the truth, plain and simple. If your doing periodic maintainence on your top to keep it from sqeeking, and the top slowly decends into the trunk, there is no damage from that. When its on the back of a flatbed, without the trunk lid secured to hold the roof still, its gonna bounce around. When the tech has three people both push down on the roof and use force to lift the roof when hooked up to the consult3, damage could occur. I spoke with infiniti today doing the investigation. They asked was the damage there before the tow. There wasnt any damage before. I will learn my fate tomorrow
Old 03-14-2013, 06:58 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by colnajoe
Im a truthful guy and I try to take the highroad all the time. Call me Dudley Doright if you must. The story I shared was the truth, plain and simple. If your doing periodic maintainence on your top to keep it from sqeeking, and the top slowly decends into the trunk, there is no damage from that. When its on the back of a flatbed, without the trunk lid secured to hold the roof still, its gonna bounce around. When the tech has three people both push down on the roof and use force to lift the roof when hooked up to the consult3, damage could occur. I spoke with infiniti today doing the investigation. They asked was the damage there before the tow. There wasnt any damage before. I will learn my fate tomorrow
Yeah, no damage before the tow for my issue. Along similar lines.
What ended up happening is infiniti consumer affairs going back and forth with the tow company and the tow company giving in and cutting me a check for the quote to repair the dings.

There is a cycle done to reset the roof via consult 3 software that the dealer will do, soooooooooooooo either it happened on the re-init or on the tow. Infiniti will say not on the roof re-initialization though.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:56 PM
colnajoe

Originally Posted by cereal2k
Yeah, no damage before the tow for my issue. Along similar lines.
What ended up happening is infiniti consumer affairs going back and forth with the tow company and the tow company giving in and cutting me a check for the quote to repair the dings.

There is a cycle done to reset the roof via consult 3 software that the dealer will do, soooooooooooooo either it happened on the re-init or on the tow. Infiniti will say not on the roof re-initialization though.
So how long ago was this? I told the guy at consumer affairs to google "snake bite" and see how many people have had this issue.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:25 PM
zdubin

Any news? Hope Infiniti fixes the roof dents.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:45 AM
colnajoe

Yes, fairly good news....infiniti consumer affairs agreed to pay for all costs to return the roof to full functioning, and to pay half of the body shop tab (estimate at $450.00) so 225.00 outta my pocket. I can live with that. Should have it back tomorrow. He asked me to post to all vert owners on this forum not to stop the roof mid-way for any reason. A new isb is coming out advising of that. I told them if "adjustments" to the top is only 12mos 12k miles, its not realistic. They told me they are working on the lenth of that coverage too. If your car ever need to be towed with the top down in the trunk, and the trunk lid flipped open, wrap the top in blankets to prevent the roof damage from the support brackets. Service managers are to start advising the extra care of the roof panels when towing in this condition. BIG LESSON LEARNED.....
Old 03-16-2013, 06:07 PM
zdubin

Originally Posted by colnajoe
Yes, fairly good news....infiniti consumer affairs agreed to pay for all costs to return the roof to full functioning, and to pay half of the body shop tab (estimate at $450.00) so 225.00 outta my pocket. I can live with that. Should have it back tomorrow. He asked me to post to all vert owners on this forum not to stop the roof mid-way for any reason. A new isb is coming out advising of that. I told them if "adjustments" to the top is only 12mos 12k miles, its not realistic. They told me they are working on the lenth of that coverage too. If your car ever need to be towed with the top down in the trunk, and the trunk lid flipped open, wrap the top in blankets to prevent the roof damage from the support brackets. Service managers are to start advising the extra care of the roof panels when towing in this condition. BIG LESSON LEARNED.....
It sounds like a good compromise, I would be happy with that resolution.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Doc750

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad it worked out for you.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:10 PM
keraxis

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
wow....

Did you try to disconnect the motor to the roof... just wondering because some people used to take their motors out of their convertibles and manually move it to save weight.

Quick Reply: Top won't move :(