My Love/Hate Relationship with the G37 Vert

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 09:05 AM
sdmac99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Love/Hate Relationship with the G37 Vert

This car has me pulling my hair out.

I absolutely love the look of the car, the performace aspects of driving the car, and there is no car in it's class that gives you a better top down driving experience.

Counter acting all those great features, are the headaches. I have had this car for one year, and the non-stop rattling in the car is so bad that I am actually embarrassed to have somebody in the car with me. And don't give me that it happens in every hard top convertible because that is not true. My Volvo C70 was dead quiet for three years prior to making this purchase. Guess I was spoiled but seriously - it shouldn't be this bad. The non-stop tapping sounds from the rear headliner, not to mention the other louder noises when going over bumps and pot holes is beyond terrible. It sounds like a true bucket of bolts. Then, the terrible squeeking brakes that started at 6,000 miles when in backing out of the garage or parking space or now stopping at lights. Classic. I actually try to look around to make it look like it is somebody else's car making the noise - but it's my beautiful, red G37. Looks great, sounds terrible.

Did I mention this car has been to Infiniti Ann Arbor TWICE in the last 90 days to repair these issues? I just sent off an email again this morning to the dealership principal and service manager. Time to elevate it. Anybody else had an experience with Infiniti Consumer Affairs? Any suggestions or advice? They are next on my hit list. I hope they enjoy the You Tube videos I made public showing the problems.

I can't take it anymore. It is no wonder Infiniti scored so low on the quality surveys. "Inspired Performance" with terrible workmanship. I am terribly disappointed.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:27 PM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by sdmac99
This car has me pulling my hair out.

I absolutely love the look of the car, the performace aspects of driving the car, and there is no car in it's class that gives you a better top down driving experience.

Counter acting all those great features, are the headaches. I have had this car for one year, and the non-stop rattling in the car is so bad that I am actually embarrassed to have somebody in the car with me. And don't give me that it happens in every hard top convertible because that is not true. My Volvo C70 was dead quiet for three years prior to making this purchase. Guess I was spoiled but seriously - it shouldn't be this bad. The non-stop tapping sounds from the rear headliner, not to mention the other louder noises when going over bumps and pot holes is beyond terrible. It sounds like a true bucket of bolts. Then, the terrible squeeking brakes that started at 6,000 miles when in backing out of the garage or parking space or now stopping at lights. Classic. I actually try to look around to make it look like it is somebody else's car making the noise - but it's my beautiful, red G37. Looks great, sounds terrible.

Did I mention this car has been to Infiniti Ann Arbor TWICE in the last 90 days to repair these issues? I just sent off an email again this morning to the dealership principal and service manager. Time to elevate it. Anybody else had an experience with Infiniti Consumer Affairs? Any suggestions or advice? They are next on my hit list. I hope they enjoy the You Tube videos I made public showing the problems.

I can't take it anymore. It is no wonder Infiniti scored so low on the quality surveys. "Inspired Performance" with terrible workmanship. I am terribly disappointed.

I can appreciate your frustration however, the issue is not your car but the inept service department that you are visiting. Each issue should be easily resolved via known ITBs.

ITB11-050 = Front Brake Noise
ITB12-003 = Squeak / Rattle / Buzz noise from roof area
ITB11-035b = Rattle or Rubbing Noise from roof area

Send me your email address and I can forward you a copy of these ITBs in pdf format so you can get educated when you go to visit the Owner or GM of the dealership to have these properly resolved. My personal suggestion is to simply visit another dealership because clearly the folks you are dealing with dont care.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:53 PM
bembowe
Registered Member

I have been in the same boat as you as well. My car has been at the dealership to get the rattle roof 3 times already. Although I have been in a car accident and wheel jacking which they claim is the root cause. Last time my car was at the dealership for a month, 2 weeks of which the car was sitting because insurance didnt want to bulge.
I finally got the car back and it was all good for about 2 days. Now the noise is even worse. I have another appointment to take the car back in tomorrow. I just hope it doesnt take another month again.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:58 PM
lier200a

I swear, the dealerships never look into TSBs. I had to bring the TSBs to their attn to get my issues resolved.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:12 PM
blitzebill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I craved a G vert for 3 years, and could never pull the trigger, based on the issues that always surfaced in this forum and what I read about in this forum.

So I finally got a ride that was on my bucket list, that would still serve as a coupe and be a pseudo-vert.

2012 Corvette Coupe with a Targa top...damn what a ride!
Attached Thumbnails My Love/Hate Relationship with the G37 Vert-imag1191.jpg  
Old 05-02-2012, 12:29 AM
bschurr
Registered Member

Very nice Bill! she is a beauty - be safe & enjoy!
Nothing satisfies like the grunt, growl & snort of a big American V8!!
Congrats on fulfilling a life goal!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:42 AM
blitzebill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bschurr
Very nice Bill! she is a beauty - be safe & enjoy!
Nothing satisfies like the grunt, growl & snort of a big American V8!!
Congrats on fulfilling a life goal!
Thanks! bschurr!
Old 05-02-2012, 02:20 PM
weaver

Same here. I have already decided I am turning in my lease vert when it is due. Then will decide if I want to pay cash and then buy an 09 coupe and twin turbo it or just lease again and get a vette.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:10 PM
NewGMan

2012 - 13 Porsche Boxster S for me I think next. Hot car, handling awesome, 0-60 <4.8s.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:56 PM
bschurr
Registered Member

^^ Schweet ride!

My bucket list car is a 911 Turbo S - stay tuned...