Might get Invidia cat-back, need some advice...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 12:45 AM
Mike888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Might get Invidia cat-back, need some advice...

Hey guys, hope all is going well. So after waiting for what seems to be forever for the ARK exhaust, I have finally given up lol. It seems that the only other cat-backs available for the vert is either Stillen or Invidia, and after comparing the two I have decided on maybe getting the Invidia. Currently I have the IPL muffler (was able to make dealer throw that into the deal at purchase) so my question is will the Invidia be an improvement over over the IPL? The reason I'm asking is because I've heard that Invidia sounds somewhat close to stock so I'm worried that it will sound the same as IPL. Let me know what you guys think, and if anyone who has the Invidia can chime in, that would be great. Thanks.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:48 AM
A_Palaroan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ive heard the IPL in person and i have the invidia and the invidia is a different sound for sure and it is deeper then IPL's exhaust note.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:58 AM
bingpwr
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I've heard the Invidia Gemini, and it sounds nice/different from stock. Very deep, but no rasp. Relatively quiet compared to my Tanabe axle back. I don't think it sounds close to stock at all to be honest...neither does Tanabe.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:49 AM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike888
Hey guys, hope all is going well. So after waiting for what seems to be forever for the ARK exhaust, I have finally given up lol. It seems that the only other cat-backs available for the vert is either Stillen or Invidia, and after comparing the two I have decided on maybe getting the Invidia. Currently I have the IPL muffler (was able to make dealer throw that into the deal at purchase) so my question is will the Invidia be an improvement over over the IPL? The reason I'm asking is because I've heard that Invidia sounds somewhat close to stock so I'm worried that it will sound the same as IPL. Let me know what you guys think, and if anyone who has the Invidia can chime in, that would be great. Thanks.
Mike -
I have the sport exhaust too and it sounds OK but once you install a CAI it is a whole new story. I have the R2C set up and when you press the fun pedal the exhaust takes on a whole new level of sound!

Before you go and invest in a new set up , I suggest that you tweak what you have because there is some room for improvement.

Good luck man!
Old 02-27-2012, 09:24 AM
GPR-37s
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have invidia and i love it, is loud enough when you want to be. Zero rasp... As others said here its deeper and louder than stock....i also have r2c and both of them toguether sound great... Inside the cabin you can hear the difference but is not annoying at all... As per the ipl Muffler I really never heard it so can't compare.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:55 PM
Mike888

Thanks guys for all the replies--really appreciate it! So it seems that there is a lot of positive feedbacks on the Gemini exhaust, which was what I was hoping for lol. This certainly helps a lot and I think I might PM a few vendors here to get some prices and if all goes well, I may get myself an early birthday present haha.

bschurr--I currently have the R2C intake too but I didn't notice any difference in sound from the exhaust (maybe I play my music too loud? lol). Other than the intake, is there other tweaks/additions you've made to make you car sound louder/different?
Old 02-27-2012, 09:32 PM
A_Palaroan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
call Lou at amplified motorsports he has the best deal on invidia hands down
Old 02-28-2012, 09:58 AM
AUS10TAT10US

Op, check out my exhaust clips. Hope it helps!

https://www.myg37.com/forums/video-s...c-intakes.html
Old 02-28-2012, 11:10 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Actually call jomer at Fred Beans Nissan .. He has the lowest price shipped and make sure you get the revised y pipes .. They tend to crack and leak like mine did .. FB is a sponsor on here ..
Old 02-28-2012, 11:19 AM
apexi350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 for Fred Beans! Very good price, talk to Jomer
Old 02-28-2012, 01:04 PM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike888

bschurr--I currently have the R2C intake too but I didn't notice any difference in sound from the exhaust (maybe I play my music too loud? lol). Other than the intake, is there other tweaks/additions you've made to make you car sound louder/different?
Just R2C and Infiniti Sport Exhaust and it sounds great - quiet when it needs to be and fierce at WOT. Since you already have an intake, your other option to make more noise is to replace the center resonators with a straight pipe...
Old 02-28-2012, 06:44 PM
Mike888

Originally Posted by AUS10TAT10US
Op, check out my exhaust clips. Hope it helps!

https://www.myg37.com/forums/video-s...c-intakes.html
Nice vid man, car sounds great! Thanks for posting it.

Originally Posted by bschurr
Just R2C and Infiniti Sport Exhaust and it sounds great - quiet when it needs to be and fierce at WOT. Since you already have an intake, your other option to make more noise is to replace the center resonators with a straight pipe...
Hm maybe I'm just used to the sport exhaust sound but I'm still deciding so maybe I'll change out the resonators.

Also thanks to those who suggested some of the vendors here, I have contacted a few of them and got prices. They all gave me pretty decent prices so it's tempting to get it haha.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:03 PM
weaver

I have a vert, so what would be my choices on an exhaust? I am thinking an axle back. I like the Tanabe, just from the sound clips I have heard.

TIA
Old 03-21-2012, 03:12 PM
lier200a

Apparently, ARK is the best sounding exhaust... I don't have one (yet) so I can't say but from others who have it, they LOVE it.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:38 PM
Chris Bradford

Invidia

I haven't heard the IPL, but I have the Invidia Gemini, and it's awesome. Paired with an Injen Short-ram, it really opens up the sound at about 3K RPM. Very deep, and I wouldn't call it 'like stock.'. Zero rasp. It does drone a bit at about 2500 RPM if you going uphill in OD. Nothing a downshift won't cure.

I highly recommend it.