Old 05-25-2011, 02:08 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
^^^Hahaha. How is that possible?
Old 05-25-2011, 02:39 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
I don't know yet... I haven't even seen the thing. It will be complemented with a Tanabe Y-Pipe and MXP Double-Resonated Test Pipes. I think it's safe to say that it will be a bit louder than my current tame set-up.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:10 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Lol that's going to be loud! I have non res test pipes with the Gemini and it's pretty damn loud. Can only imagine how the amuse will sound.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:17 PM
WPPJR30

Originally Posted by ipitythefoo
Lol that's going to be loud! I have non res test pipes with the Gemini and it's pretty damn loud. Can only imagine how the amuse will sound.
I'm worried it will be too loud. I don't like obnoxious, wake-the-neighbors exhausts. Hence, my current exhaust. But something tells me that I'll cope with the louder exhaust if it is from Amuse. Yeah, I'm a brand *****...
Old 05-26-2011, 12:24 AM
thedollardoctor
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WPPJR30
And maybe reconsider throwing the word "best" around so loosely?
Best "sounding" exhaust IMO, hands down! That is just MY opinion of course, but I'm certainly not afraid to throw that around loosely.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:03 AM
Gee37S

Gemini isn't that loud? I have it with HFC and sometimes consider getting TP instead... I should post some vids so people can hear what it sounds like. It is one of the more quiet catbacks out there which is why I got it. Don't get me wrong, it is louder than stock, sounds nice and mean... I love mine.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:24 AM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Gemini with HFC is significantly louder than stock. I had HFC before I went test pipes. Test pipes is deeper and louder than HFC with Gemini, but be prepared for some really bad smells. Cold start is the worst....smells like straight up garbage mixed with gasoline.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:19 AM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
I am having mine installed tomorrow...
About time! I'll be expecting a review.

OP most wouldn't consider the Gemini loud, but you can always try the Tanbe axle back mufflers.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:14 PM
WPPJR30

Originally Posted by thedollardoctor
Best "sounding" exhaust IMO, hands down! That is just MY opinion of course, but I'm certainly not afraid to throw that around loosely.

You are certainly entitled to an opinion. I guess I just don't like when people throw that word around. Even if you were just referring to the sound, you got your G a month ago, right? Three days after your first post you were asking for opinions about exhausts. A member replied saying they like the ARK exhaust. From then on, you hopped on the MyG37 ARK bandwagon... No?

How many exhausts for the G37 have you actually experienced? How many have you actually heard?

Look, I don't care if truly believe that ARK is the best. But I think a proper perspective, experience, and frame of reference is necessary to declare something to be the best, whether it be in terms of sound or not.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:36 AM
thedollardoctor

^^^ first of all man I've been modding cars for almost 20 years and built my most recent major project car, a 2003 EVO VIII to 550 awhp and did most of the work myself. For some reason you seem to think I'm some kind of newbie to the car scene or something?!?!

This is also the 3rd G in a row I've owned so I'm also not a newbie when it comes to the Infiniti G models either. I've done pretty extensive research into the exhaust options for the G and frankly, I haven't been that impressed with the "tone" of most of them. I've never personally tried out any of the VERT exhausts so all I have to go on right now is my personal impressions from hearing them and seeing them on other people's cars as well as asking other people's opinions.

MY opinion is just that, MY opinion. Take it or leave it man. But to spout off on here like you're some kind of expert and I'm some kind of newbie jack$$ is just frankly pretty arrogant if you ask me.

If you disagree, fine. But maybe you ought to consider what you say before making assumptions about other people on here. I've not made a single comment about you as a person. I don't know you. I'm sure you're a perfectly cool guy. I'd appreciate it if you would offer the same level of respect when commenting on anything I have to say on here.

I actually really appreciated the link you posted about the bad experience that guy had with ARK and his exhaust. I hadn't seen anything like that about them and it certainly has me reconsidering my choice in going with their exhaust. For that I thank you. But let's try to be cool on here with each other. I mean this is supposed to be a community of like minded people sharing thoughts and opinions about cars. Let's help each other out, not criticize each other.

Peace
Old 05-27-2011, 09:41 AM
WPPJR30

Originally Posted by thedollardoctor
^^^ first of all man I've been modding cars for almost 20 years and built my most recent major project car, a 2003 EVO VIII to 550 awhp and did most of the work myself. For some reason you seem to think I'm some kind of newbie to the car scene or something?!?!

This is also the 3rd G in a row I've owned so I'm also not a newbie when it comes to the Infiniti G models either. I've done pretty extensive research into the exhaust options for the G and frankly, I haven't been that impressed with the "tone" of most of them. I've never personally tried out any of the VERT exhausts so all I have to go on right now is my personal impressions from hearing them and seeing them on other people's cars as well as asking other people's opinions.

MY opinion is just that, MY opinion. Take it or leave it man. But to spout off on here like you're some kind of expert and I'm some kind of newbie jack$$ is just frankly pretty arrogant if you ask me.

If you disagree, fine. But maybe you ought to consider what you say before making assumptions about other people on here. I've not made a single comment about you as a person. I don't know you. I'm sure you're a perfectly cool guy. I'd appreciate it if you would offer the same level of respect when commenting on anything I have to say on here.

I actually really appreciated the link you posted about the bad experience that guy had with ARK and his exhaust. I hadn't seen anything like that about them and it certainly has me reconsidering my choice in going with their exhaust. For that I thank you. But let's try to be cool on here with each other. I mean this is supposed to be a community of like minded people sharing thoughts and opinions about cars. Let's help each other out, not criticize each other.

Peace
This is a pretty stupid "argument," but I just want to make it clear that:

1) I didn't say you were a newbie.

2) I acknowledged that you are entitled to an opinion.

3) I never claimed to be an expert.

4) I never called you a jack@ss.

5) I never got personal in my responses. YOU called me arrogant.

6) Why do I need to consider what I say? What have I said that is so bad? That I don't like when people throw the word "best" around when they readily admit that they have no experience with that particular product? Should I apologize for that? If you're entitled to an opinion, why aren't I?

7) Have I made any comments about you as a person? Nope...

8) Another member posted the link about ARK.

9) I have no issue with you personally. I have no issues with anyone on here on a personal level. In fact, I think the members on here who know me would probably say I'm a pretty chill, easygoing guy. I don't think it's a huge secret that I am not the biggest forum fanboy for ARK, but that doesn't mean I hate the people who like that exhaust. I didn't mean to make you feel as though I was personally attacking you with my posts or opinions. I was not. At all. Anyway, I'll shut up now. No hard feelings. Best of luck with your exhaust decision.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:19 AM
stormgate

Look what you started, ESSRTEE8! :P
Old 05-27-2011, 10:39 AM
thedollardoctor

This is a pretty stupid "argument," but I just want to make it clear that:

1) I didn't say you were a newbie.

2) I acknowledged that you are entitled to an opinion.

3) I never claimed to be an expert.

4) I never called you a jack@ss.

5) I never got personal in my responses. YOU called me arrogant.

6) Why do I need to consider what I say? What have I said that is so bad? That I don't like when people throw the word "best" around when they readily admit that they have no experience with that particular product? Should I apologize for that? If you're entitled to an opinion, why aren't I?

7) Have I made any comments about you as a person? Nope...

8) Another member posted the link about ARK.

9) I have no issue with you personally. I have no issues with anyone on here on a personal level. In fact, I think the members on here who know me would probably say I'm a pretty chill, easygoing guy. I don't think it's a huge secret that I am not the biggest forum fanboy for ARK, but that doesn't mean I hate the people who like that exhaust. I didn't mean to make you feel as though I was personally attacking you with my posts or opinions. I was not. At all. Anyway, I'll shut up now. No hard feelings. Best of luck with your exhaust decision.
I appreciate the response man. If you truly didn't mean anything by your previous comments, then I'm sorry if I mistook them. It just felt like you were basically calling me out for having the opinion that the ARK exhaust sounded the best to me. If that was not the case then it's all good and I apologize if you felt I was calling you arrogant.

It's all good between you and I

And frankly, if you have strong opinions AGAINST ARK, I'd like to hear those. The whole reason I'm on this site is to gather ideas and share opinions with others about mods to make the best and most informed opinion when making choices for how to modify my new G vert.

I've never even heard of the exhaust you have been talking about in here. Can you tell me more about it? Did you end up getting it installed? If so, what are your thoughts about it? Can you post a clip of how it looks and sounds? That would be much appreciated!

Sorry to everyone else in this thread and the OP if it felt as though I hijacked the thread in anyway. Didn't mean to. Just felt attacked and I will always defend myself in those cases. It's clear to me it was just a misunderstanding. My bad........... Game on
Old 05-27-2011, 11:42 AM
thedollardoctor

PM's exchanged. Bill is a classy guy! We're all good. Continue on with original debate about Gemini Exhaust being "too loud"
Old 07-25-2011, 05:44 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have nothing against ARK. I think they sound great (probably one of the best I've heard in person) but I can't get past the fact that the mufflers do not sit balanced.. the left side is ALWAYS hanging lower than the right. That's a huge FAIL in my book.