Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

2010 G37 Interior Accent lighting installation and Taillight issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 10:54 PM
brinkeusa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 G37 Interior Accent lighting installation and Taillight issues

Installed Interior accent lighting in my 2010 G37 convertible.
This is what I went through installing an after market “interior accent lighting kit”.
I found some wired LEDs light that I hooked up to the glove box light as what the OEM kit hooks up to.
Here is the link for the LEDs:
Bolt Beam Bulb Specifications
While I was there I also ordered some replacement bulbs for the door (step) light and the map(dome) light, being all the same type of bulb.
Here is the link to those that I used:
High Power SMD WLED-xHP5 (194 type) 360 degree Wedge Base bulbs Specifications
I used the MyG37 forum to get to the glove box light by using this link:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...-box-bulb.html
The passenger side bottom “kick-plate”(plate below the glove box) actually has markings on the opposite side, for the locations where to drill the holes for the LEDs.
While installing the accent lights, I accidentally touched the two wires together and shorted out the glove box light fuse.
Now it happens that the glove box light is also on the same circuit as the taillight and the license plate light. After searching a long time and finally being able to download the G337 Service manual from this forum using this link:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...for-sedan.html
I was able to found out, what a lot of people are saying about the 3rd fuse box.
Yes, it is located by the battery but not behind it but next to it.
On the right hand fender right next to the battery. Using the service manual, I needed to remove the windshield wipers first(page WW-102), remove the engine cow cover(page EXT-21) and then be able to remove the fuse box from the side(page PCS-33), lift it up and open it up to get to the taillight fuse #53. Replaced fuse and now it all looks awesome!
(BTW, file named fwd.pdf is basically the index so I renamed it index.pdf, so I could figure out what the file names meant.)
I never unhooked the battery, if you do, you need to roll down the windows first!!!
Hopefully this will help out those looking for the mysterious 3rd fuse box, those with taillight fuse issues and installing accent lighting.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:32 AM
cvipgo
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by brinkeusa
Installed Interior accent lighting in my 2010 G37 convertible.
This is what I went through installing an after market “interior accent lighting kit”.
I found some wired LEDs light that I hooked up to the glove box light as what the OEM kit hooks up to.
Here is the link for the LEDs:
Bolt Beam Bulb Specifications
While I was there I also ordered some replacement bulbs for the door (step) light and the map(dome) light, being all the same type of bulb.
Here is the link to those that I used:
High Power SMD WLED-xHP5 (194 type) 360 degree Wedge Base bulbs Specifications
I used the MyG37 forum to get to the glove box light by using this link:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...-box-bulb.html
The passenger side bottom “kick-plate”(plate below the glove box) actually has markings on the opposite side, for the locations where to drill the holes for the LEDs.
While installing the accent lights, I accidentally touched the two wires together and shorted out the glove box light fuse.
Now it happens that the glove box light is also on the same circuit as the taillight and the license plate light. After searching a long time and finally being able to download the G337 Service manual from this forum using this link:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...for-sedan.html
I was able to found out, what a lot of people are saying about the 3rd fuse box.
Yes, it is located by the battery but not behind it but next to it.
On the right hand fender right next to the battery. Using the service manual, I needed to remove the windshield wipers first(page WW-102), remove the engine cow cover(page EXT-21) and then be able to remove the fuse box from the side(page PCS-33), lift it up and open it up to get to the taillight fuse #53. Replaced fuse and now it all looks awesome!
(BTW, file named fwd.pdf is basically the index so I renamed it index.pdf, so I could figure out what the file names meant.)
I never unhooked the battery, if you do, you need to roll down the windows first!!!
Hopefully this will help out those looking for the mysterious 3rd fuse box, those with taillight fuse issues and installing accent lighting.
Congrats and welcome,what color vert did you get? Nice work,

Good advise: Do not disconnect the battery otherwise you'll do more work than required and do drop the windows regardless.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:41 PM
brinkeusa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I converted to blue LED's. Hey Thanks. Thinking about making the lighted kick plates match better with blue-er light.
Currently reading up on how to remove kick plates and change color, any suggestions?
Old 03-29-2011, 09:33 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by brinkeusa
I converted to blue LED's. Hey Thanks. Thinking about making the lighted kick plates match better with blue-er light.
Currently reading up on how to remove kick plates and change color, any suggestions?
Don't you have OEM lighted kick plates- I think these have LEDs, I have installation instructions for lighted kickplates, if you want, send me your email thru PM, I can email to you.
Good Luck