My worst nightmare was real tonight

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 01:10 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to hear that? Is the roof stuck problem kind of common for the vert? Feel like I've read a few similar cases.

Good for you for controlling your temper. I probably would've shot them too if I had a gun.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:27 PM
NewGMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't think it is that common without a cause (in my case I had something extending a little above the storage area).
Old 09-08-2010, 07:44 PM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
very rare... i saw one roof get stuck b/c a lady left her bag in the section and a pair of shoes. another incident someone was p[laying with the roof and didnt hold the button down continuously...it was windy and the roof sagged so it was out of whack for timing and got stuck.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Icerider2001

my dealer gave me the car back today and said that they had a few trouble codes however all of them were no longer present. they told me that they contacted infiniti NA and they said that they have been replacing the earlier actuators that were produced as they were prone to failure. All I know is that the top goes up and down.

As for the navi screen they said that the chip isn't something I should worry about when the lease is up since its so minor. Still bothers me....but I guess I'll have to get used to it.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Trincap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like a familiar story. I had the roof stuck halfway on the M6. I ended up holding it and driving the 10 blocks to the BMW dealer. Thank goodness I was near it. No problems with the G thus far (knock on wood) but I do find the roof a bit rattly.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:50 PM
lier200a

that happened to me once with the "trunk open" light and the trunk not fully closing when i was putting the roof up. i turned off the car and started it back up and hit the close roof button and it worked after. No problems since.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Foxwiz

I had my car one week and when I left work one day, I opened the top and when the roof was almost open, it just fell then stopped about 6 inches from closing. I tried to open it again but it wouldn't budge. Took it to the dealer right away and they said there was a clip that fell off on one of the bars that help the roof to go up and down. Said it wasn't installed right at the factory.

I only had 250 miles on the car. It's been fixed and no problems since.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:20 AM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
oh, I completely agree, not a serious crime, but it just sounded like the cops could have cared less when he called
That is how it is here in NYC. They don't want to put anything on record whenever they can. This is how they achieve "lower crime rate" year after year.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:05 AM
Beer Magazine

No they don't consider people throwing change 911 material. It's like the lady who called 911 because Burger King wouldn't give her a bacon western or something. You use the normal # for non emergency and since there is no cop to see the change being throw even if they did catch the kids it would just be your word versus theirs. Who's to say you didn't just grab a license plate and a description of some car and try to blame something on them...which I'm not saying you did. Just don't hate 911 because when you think you need police they don't think your chip is response worthy.

Sorry to hear about your top and the problem. I had a 370Z fail right in front of me at the dealer. I'm pretty sure it will happen to all at some point. But keep your fingers crossed.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:16 AM
NewGMan

Originally Posted by Beer Magazine
No they don't consider people throwing change 911 material. It's like the lady who called 911 because Burger King wouldn't give her a bacon western or something. You use the normal # for non emergency and since there is no cop to see the change being throw even if they did catch the kids it would just be your word versus theirs. Who's to say you didn't just grab a license plate and a description of some car and try to blame something on them...which I'm not saying you did. Just don't hate 911 because when you think you need police they don't think your chip is response worthy.

Sorry to hear about your top and the problem. I had a 370Z fail right in front of me at the dealer. I'm pretty sure it will happen to all at some point. But keep your fingers crossed.
Cameras everywhere in NYC if they were interested at all I bet it is on video somewhere.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:47 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
So manually resetting the locking mechanism(roof button) is just disconnecting the battery for 5 minures or so. I've got me roof stuck! Eek.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:40 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cereal2k
So manually resetting the locking mechanism(roof button) is just disconnecting the battery for 5 minures or so. I've got me roof stuck! Eek.
Disconnecting the battery require reprogramming of windows and roof...

I have never disconnected my battery and I have installed many items in the car including remote start.. so far I have no roof problem.

Sorry to hear you all having roof problem.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:15 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RYs06MT
at least it wasn't raining in NY tonight...
The dumbest Rich man in the world - YouTube
Old 09-25-2011, 08:18 PM
Eskrimador
Registered Member

I don't know about disconnecting the battery resetting the roof but I've had the battery disconnected twice (once because it died right after I got the car and once when I had it at a shop) and both times there was a beep coming from behind the back seat that didn't stop until I cycled the roof. I have to admit that I didn't try to look it up because I was able to get the beep stopped.

I have had the roof get stuck once when I was opening it and let the car get a little faster than 3mph. If I remember correctly, I opened and closed the trunk and then it worked.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:50 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Eskrimador
I don't know about disconnecting the battery resetting the roof but I've had the battery disconnected twice (once because it died right after I got the car and once when I had it at a shop) and both times there was a beep coming from behind the back seat that didn't stop until I cycled the roof. I have to admit that I didn't try to look it up because I was able to get the beep stopped.

I have had the roof get stuck once when I was opening it and let the car get a little faster than 3mph. If I remember correctly, I opened and closed the trunk and then it worked.

Thanks for the input. My roof is stuck with the "Trunk is open" message and the middle panel is not all the way down.
I'e disconnected the battery for 10-15 minutes, and used the door handle to start the top down operation. The roof top continued but the panel did not go down. Soooooooooooooo I think it's out of sync now.

Quick Reply: My worst nightmare was real tonight