Bought black obsidian 2009 G37 convertible today

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 09:08 PM
blitzebill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mr Ian B
I lease since I work out of the house and can write it off.

Ian B
+++++++

if you're willing, maybe sometime you could share some info/hints/secrets to your lease deal.

i used to lease, but things have changed since then.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:50 PM
Mr Ian B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok gang, it was a good and a bad day from Santa Infiniti today. I got the car and everything was awesome and as I drive back to Austin, some ******* dropped their wheelbarrow, yes a wheelbarrow in the middle of the right lane. As I was driving back at 65mph at 9pm at night, it came out of nowhere and as I tried to go around it, I clipped it and broke the right front headlight, there are some scuffs on the bottom right side of the front bumper(luckily it came with a clear bra) and the right corner snapped out but, it looks like the clips did not break. I will post pixs shortly of her sexiness before the wreck and a couple of shots of the damages.

Does anyone know if this will be considered collision or may fall under comprehensive due to the nature of the wheelbarrow causing the wreck, my evasive maneuver, dark of night and no lights on this highway?

Thanks,

Ian B
Old 01-23-2010, 11:53 PM
Mr Ian B

ok, here are sexy pixs. Got a couple of thumbs up by passers as I drove for some time with the top down on the way home.

Last edited by Mr Ian B; 02-09-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:00 AM
Mr Ian B

Pixs of damages, ugh!!!!!

Now here are pix of what the wheelbarrow handles did to the headlight which is broken in the center although the headlight still works and the right corner of the front bumper. This corner of the bumper has the clear bra and perhaps that is all that it will need to be replaced.

Ian B

Old 01-24-2010, 12:06 AM
Shane D
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

ok, here are sexy pixs. Got a couple of thumbs up by passers as I drove for some time with the top down on the way home.
Congrats on the new car, and sorry about the trouble!
I thought you were getting Athens Blue? What do you have? Is it silver?

Shane D
Old 01-24-2010, 12:18 AM
Mr Ian B

Originally Posted by Shane D
Congrats on the new car, and sorry about the trouble!
I thought you were getting Athens Blue? What do you have? Is it silver?

Shane D
Changed my mind when I saw it in the showroom floor and picked her up. It is Pacific Sky. It is an iphone pix and does not do it any justice.

Ian B
Old 01-24-2010, 01:35 AM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
The Pacific Sky is hot an exclusive color option. Nice choice. Sux about the accident though
Old 01-24-2010, 12:42 PM
blitzebill

nice color although hard to see any blue in it.

bummer about the accident. i know when i'm behind trucks, i get out of their way fast, esp. when they have equipment riding on a bed with or without a tailgate!
Old 01-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Mr Ian B

Originally Posted by blitzebill
nice color although hard to see any blue in it.

bummer about the accident. i know when i'm behind trucks, i get out of their way fast, esp. when they have equipment riding on a bed with or without a tailgate!
That's the thing. I was not behind anyone. I was all on my own on the right lane with no cars/trucks in front or behind me. It must have been fallen earlier and no one noticed nor did I see anyone hitting their brake lights and going around anything. Next thing I know it was coming up fast and I swerved to miss it going into the left lane but, clipped it with the front headlight. I will post more daylight pixs later today when I get it in the sun.

Does anyone know if this will fall under collision or comprehensive deductible??

Ian B
Old 01-24-2010, 05:22 PM
blitzebill

That's the thing. I was not behind anyone. I was all on my own on the right lane with no cars/trucks in front or behind me. It must have been fallen earlier and no one noticed nor did I see anyone hitting their brake lights and going around anything. Next thing I know it was coming up fast and I swerved to miss it going into the left lane but, clipped it with the front headlight. I will post more daylight pixs later today when I get it in the sun.

Does anyone know if this will fall under collision or comprehensive deductible??

Ian B
+++++++++++++

not sure about the insurance question. i would think since it wasn't your fault it should be easy to file a damage report and they would fix it without penalizing you.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:11 PM
Mr Ian B

Here are more pixs on the sunlight. Other than the damage to the light, most of the scuffs are on the clear bra. Will have to wait and see for the body shop to look at it tomorrow and hope no body work or painting will be required other than replacing the clear bra.

Ian B

Old 01-25-2010, 12:18 PM
blitzebill

i posted a new thread about the vert i found, but i'll mention it here too: 09 G vert, base model, no pkgs, $40K.

never saw one this low before.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:20 PM
Mr Ian B

Got 2 estimates already today and both are over $2,700.00 each. The headlight alone is $915.00 Have an 8am appointment with my insurance co for their estimate and taking it on Wednesday to my regular paint shop to start working on it. Should take about 4 days including putting the clear bra back on.

Unbelievable but, glad I am ok.

Ian B
Old 01-25-2010, 03:51 PM
blitzebill

you are lucky to be safe and sound after that accident.

i had a highway sign fall on my car a couple years back and it sheared off my left side mirror and roll along the side of my car as i was driving down a street.

if i had been a second later at that point when the sign came down, it would have gone through my windshield and i wouldn't be here telling you about it.

weird enough that it happened right in front of my dealer and they saw it happen.

the state refused to pay for the damage.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:27 PM
Beer Magazine

Man that sucks, congrats on the car though..

As far as a sign falling you you...that is something the state insurance should have covered. I'm surprised your insurance company didn't sue.

Quick Reply: Bought black obsidian 2009 G37 convertible today