New G37x/vert Photos on August 16th

Old 08-21-2008, 07:59 AM
Techuinang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wanta2009
To bad Infiniti didn't give g37x buyers some of the sportier options, ie paddle shifters, spoiler, sport seats etc as an option ...... oh well
My point exactly. I could understand the 19" rims since they are stagerred which is not really good on AWD but they could've offer different 19", different front bumper if not the sport and the rest would've been easy to add, hell they already do it on the sedan. Infiniti simply got lazy... It's like the X is second class to the S, that's the impression I'm getting.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:21 AM
wanta2009

Originally Posted by Techuinang
My point exactly. I could understand the 19" rims since they are stagerred which is not really good on AWD but they could've offer different 19", different front bumper if not the sport and the rest would've been easy to add, hell they already do it on the sedan. Infiniti simply got lazy... It's like the X is second class to the S, that's the impression I'm getting.

I think we're in the same boat, those bloody Canadian winters, although your winter is alot worse than in BC. I'd prefer the G37S, but the winter and the need for the car to be my daily driver is forcing me into the g37x, i just want the best of both worlds, AWD and the sport options
Old 08-21-2008, 12:49 PM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Techuinang
Infiniti wasn't lazy, it's just a reality that not many people will want low profile snow tires on their cars, especially if you live in an area w/ a lot of snow and also hills. I know my friend's parents complained their E550 4matic came with summer tires and had to pay to swap the tires out.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:48 PM
MportPunk

Is it just me or did they hit those sport rims on the sedan with the ugly stick?? What was wrong with the sport rims they had on now? I prefer the G37x coupe rims more than I do these - which look almost like hubcaps.

And the spoiler, they shouldv'e kept the spoiler as is and deleted the CHMSL on the top rear seat shelf instead. The lip spoiler is too damn big and doesn't match the sedan the way it does the coupe.

It's one thing that Infiniti cheaps out on certain things for cost savings, but it's another to spend money to make it look/perform worse. Kind of reminds me of what Acura did to its '09 TL, not as bad, obviously, but same vein of dumb logic.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:52 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
I'd like to see a vid of it opening and closing..
Old 08-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Keng

Is the taillight extruding out like what Lexus have on the IS?
Old 08-22-2008, 07:23 AM
Techuinang

Originally Posted by da mayor
Infiniti wasn't lazy, it's just a reality that not many people will want low profile snow tires on their cars, especially if you live in an area w/ a lot of snow and also hills. I know my friend's parents complained their E550 4matic came with summer tires and had to pay to swap the tires out.
You're probably right, however how do you explain the G37X sport sedan? And a different set of rims could've help too, I mean to distinguish it a little from the base model. Now they both look identical with the exception of the little x in the back...

I will probably still get the X and buy the sport bumper and replace it myself if I have to. Rims, well aftermarket is always an option and without the pesky big brake, selection will be better. And I know from experience that I never use steering wheel button a la paddle shifter (Audi A4 and IS300), it was more a cool factor thing. Anyways just trying to reason my disapointment . It will all come down to msrp though, they better not try sell the X as expensive to the S.

Last edited by Techuinang; 08-22-2008 at 07:30 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:30 PM
Wezbian
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Video of the new vert!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl3DMxTg7pY
Old 08-22-2008, 08:49 PM
marsb007

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wezbian
cheap plug dude!!! I'd ban you just for spamming. I really dislike people like you... because of aholes like this my inbox is full of spam and I get a crapload of junk mail. Thanks for wasting 20 seconds of my life that I'll never be able to get back!!!
Old 08-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Wezbian
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow dude, calm down a little. It was joke because they had a freaking saw to cut the car up...

The only plug around here seems to be up somewhere...
Old 08-22-2008, 08:57 PM
marsb007

Originally Posted by Wezbian
Wow dude, calm down a little. It was joke because they had a freaking saw to cut the car up...

The only plug around here seems to be up somewhere...
Hysterical... I laughed so hard I peed a little... still

Regardless, is it just me or is the back of the convertible horrible?
Old 08-25-2008, 05:11 PM
DetroitG37Joe

http://www.infiniti.com/gconvertible...03&Creative=19
Old 08-25-2008, 07:15 PM
NIGHTLFEphantom

it sucks **** that the 09 6MT coupe is not available in AWD. I think the convertible look hot, imagine it with a kit, wheels, dropped, and other sick ****. it would be off the heezy.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:30 PM
NemesisX

Originally Posted by NIGHTLFEphantom
it sucks **** that the 09 6MT coupe is not available in AWD. I think the convertible look hot, imagine it with a kit, wheels, dropped, and other sick ****. it would be off the heezy.
I thought I read somewhere that the manual woudl now be available across the coupe line, or something to that effect. That would be pretty stupid not to offer the AWD with the manual, but then again isn't the GT-R auto with paddle shifters and AWD too? I am going to opt out for the AWD and go for the 6spd. I'd like to try the 7 spd first though. Stinks that they made the auto a 7spd and the manual a 6....